DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Yup. That's exactly it. When I've got 6 goblins on the map, it's just a bit slow to have to refer to the title, then pull up the combat tracker and scroll through to find the proper one. Not looking for moving who's turn it is, etc. Just a quick easy way to refer to the associated CT entry from a token on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The way it works in the AD&D ruleset is slides the viewport in the CT to the token clicked on map and then it places an indicator on it in the CT so you know which one it is you have clicked on in the map. It wouldn't move the "who has initiative" selection. I did this because there were a lot of times I needed to know which token was what in the CT from the map view. If I had 15 orcs on the map it was hard to find the CT entry.

That was my use case, not sure what the OP is looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    Yup. That's exactly it. When I've got 6 goblins on the map, it's just a bit slow to have to refer to the title, then pull up the combat tracker and scroll through to find the proper one. Not looking for moving who's turn it is, etc. Just a quick easy way to refer to the associated CT entry from a token on the map.
    Interesting. I still can't think of why I'd need this. The opposite way around now, that would be useful. That is a better highlight of the token whose turn it is in a somewhat more illuminating way. I know you did an extension that put a crown on the token, Celestian, and we did give that a go but we dropped it for some reason which I can't remember now. Maybe because it didn't work for the players perhaps?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Interesting. I still can't think of why I'd need this. The opposite way around now, that would be useful. That is a better highlight of the token whose turn it is in a somewhat more illuminating way. I know you did an extension that put a crown on the token, Celestian, and we did give that a go but we dropped it for some reason which I can't remember now. Maybe because it didn't work for the players perhaps?
    Hum, it should. The AD&D ruleset has it built in and uses a green circle/crosshair style and both sides do see it. I also have "targeted" indicators (red crosshairs) on tokens so the PC can see visibly what they have selected for targets (tho if they mouse over their token it draws the lines still as well).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Hum, it should. The AD&D ruleset has it built in and uses a green circle/crosshair style and both sides do see it. I also have "targeted" indicators (red crosshairs) on tokens so the PC can see visibly what they have selected for targets (tho if they mouse over their token it draws the lines still as well).
    Probably the wrong thread for this but yeah; it doesn't work for players. I would have reported it but I assumed this was expected behaviour. I didn't need the extension for me really since I use the centre on next actor option and zoom into the map so that it's obvious. But I did use it for a couple of sessions for the players aid. But since they weren't seeing it I removed it.

The first image is the DM view and the second the players one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Interesting. I still can't think of why I'd need this. The opposite way around now, that would be useful.
    The opposite way already works. Double-clicking on the portrait in the CT entry centers on that token on the map.
    I can see this being quite useful. Say one of the characters is getting ready to attack "Goblin 26" on the map and I notice that there's an effect (that should no longer be there) on that goblin that's going to affect the roll the player is about to make. I want to remove that effect prior to the player rolling. The only way for me to do that is to search through the CT for Goblin 26. It can be a pain finding it when a large battle is at play.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    The opposite way already works. Double-clicking on the portrait in the CT entry centers on that token on the map.
    I can see this being quite useful. Say one of the characters is getting ready to attack "Goblin 26" on the map and I notice that there's an effect (that should no longer be there) on that goblin that's going to affect the roll the player is about to make. I want to remove that effect prior to the player rolling. The only way for me to do that is to search through the CT for Goblin 26. It can be a pain finding it when a large battle is at play.
    That is exactly the functionality I am missing with the Combat Enhancer in Unity.
    Because of the lack of Support for 5e Combat Enhancer extension, does anyone know of an extension that would provide functionality like this?

Thanks

Thread Information