DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New to FG.

New to FG.

My campaign does not save. I recently bought the standard licence from steam.
    Can anyone help?

Hi Easygoingthief, welcome to FG.

Make sure that on tthe top rightt of the sttartt screen it doesn't say v3.3.9 FREE. If it does then enter your license key in settings in the top box. Make sure that you haven't included and spaces if you have already done that. Once you have entered your key correctly update FG.

If it simply says v3.3.9 at the top right then make sure that you have full read/write access to wherever you told FG to save your data. Click the small folder icon top right of the start screen to find out where that is.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the reply. It only shows the version number. Checked all the permissions and all the boxes are ticked. I had used the copy to clipboard option for the key when installing. Thinking about a reinstall.

Can you tell us what isn't saving and how you know it isn't saving. Can you screenshot the contents of your FG data/campaigns folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am running a solo campaign called tyrant of zenthil.
    I created the PC from scratch and it loads every time i load the campaign. I had played a good chunk of the campaign and closed the program the correct way when I loaded the campaign later I was presented with the campaign setup box.
    data.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Easygoingthief View Post
    ... when I loaded the campaign later I was presented with the campaign setup box.
    The campaign setup box will always show unless you remove the "Show on load?" check mark in the window.

That looks fine. db.xml is your campaign data and that's been saved regularly - including session backup files.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

still non the wiser. I assume from what i have read it will load up the screen as you left it. But I have to open everything up again and I cannot pickup from where I left off. Am I missing something?
    Appreciate the assistance.

Blog Entries
    FG remembers the position of the windows when you last used them and will open them to that location when you open those windows, it wont open the windows by itself.
    If you left your PC and any monsters in the Combat Tracker and on maps they will all still be there.

But I have to open everything up again and I cannot pickup from where I left off.
    Correct. This is standard FG functionality.

FG will save the size and position of windows when they are closed (exception - the character management window) or when FG itself closes. But these are not opened up when you start up FG again. When you manually open windows they will appear at the same position and size as when they were last closed.

If you want to save the state of your desktop then this extension might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...er-X-Extension
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I assume from what i have read it will load up the screen as you left it.
    There may be some incorrect information out there. Where did you read this?

Thread Information