FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: T1 support?

T1 support?

While I'm killing time waiting on the Conan 2d20 release I find myself drifting towards preparing a new SF game. I'm thinking maybe doing a short campaign using Traveller and the T1 Judge Dredd rules. How well-supported will T1 be in the future (in comparison to T2)? Since I'll be creating the Dredd library myself I'm a little leery of diving in only to find out that T1 just won't work anymore with whatever future upgrades come up (I'm still iffy on this whole Unity thing but I'm not a tech guy).

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    While I'm killing time waiting on the Conan 2d20 release I find myself drifting towards preparing a new SF game. I'm thinking maybe doing a short campaign using Traveller and the T1 Judge Dredd rules. How well-supported will T1 be in the future (in comparison to T2)? Since I'll be creating the Dredd library myself I'm a little leery of diving in only to find out that T1 just won't work anymore with whatever future upgrades come up (I'm still iffy on this whole Unity thing but I'm not a tech guy).
    I cannot answer for certain, but, from prior comments it appears that it is the preference of Mongoose that development focus on MGT2 as it is the current new, shiny.

I should add, however, that MBM has been doing a good job of keeping both rulesets operational. Both are also already supported on Unity.

There's an MGT1e update coming soon, it's got world data updates and bug fixes. It'll be released when MGTe gets v1.1 and Central Supply Catalogue as I'll then do a merge/diff between them as see what they can share.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

On a similar enough topic that I'd rather not create a new thread, are there any plans to release books such as mercenary and high guard for 1e, or will it only be books that are close enough to T2s implementation to basically be able to work on both at once? I honestly prefer 1e over 2e, and being able to automate things like barrage damage for large scale space combat would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgrey View Post
    On a similar enough topic that I'd rather not create a new thread, are there any plans to release books such as mercenary and high guard for 1e, or will it only be books that are close enough to T2s implementation to basically be able to work on both at once? I honestly prefer 1e over 2e, and being able to automate things like barrage damage for large scale space combat would be nice.
    Hi MrGrey,

I prefer the more classic 1E over 2E but Mongoose want 2E only supported, as that's what they're working on now. I do hope that from time to time they'll allow the odd 1E book be converted once the 2E versions are done, I cannot say.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information