Starfinder Playlist

GM Connection issues. Two separate accounts, one house

I have been GMing a game for the last year on an Ultimate account, and our four players have had no problem connecting to me (they have been on the demo version).

My campaign is finishing and now my husband wants to GM. He has also bought an Ultimate account. We have been testing it (since he's only been a player before). Obviously, we are in the same house on the same internet connection and connected to the same hub router, but different PCs.

I cannot connect to his campaign. I have used the internal and external IP and also the alias.

He can still connect to my campaign obviously. When he runs the 'connection test' he gets a negative, and I get a positive.

The router is a Virgin Media Hub 3.0 (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...gs-on-your-hub). UPnP is enabled. I'm assuming the port is also open, since it's fine when I'm running a game.

He has AVG running on his PC and Windows 7. Haven't been able to find a port opener on any of the AVG settings if that's it.

Can you help?

Blog Entries
    Welcome John Donegan

First up does the LAN address on both computers start with the same 3 octets? Eg 192.168.1.something or 10.1.1.something?
    If you are both on the same Address space and you cant connect to his computer then he has a software firewall that is blocking the connection - most likely the AVG. Confirm by disabling the AV for 15mins.

Second Port Forwarding can only port forward to one computer. If you did not manually setup the port forwarding then once your husbands computer can accept your connection then reboot the router and have him do a connection test.
    If you did manually port forward you will need to change the Port Forward each time you swap GM roles.

I realise I hadn't replied to thank you, damned. We ditched AVG, because opening the port was a complete pain, and are using Windows Security instead. All sorted now. Cheers

Thread Information