Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Custom Story Font name tag?

What's the font name for Story Text (bold and regular) ? I tried
    Code:
    <font name="reference-r">
    and
    Code:
    <font name="reference-b">
    , but i believe those are for reference manuals, and not Story entries. I don't see anything obvious on the developer wiki

Is it as simple as
    Code:
    <font name="story-r">
    and
    Code:
    <font name="story-b">
    ?

Blog Entries
    What ruleset?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Look in CoreRPG graphics\graphics_fonts.xml and scroll down to the Formatted Text Fields section.

reference-h == header text font
    reference-r == regular body text font
    reference-i == italic body text font
    reference-b == bold body text font
    reference-bi == bold italic body text font
    reference-b-large == sounds like large bold body text but I don't recall ever actually seeing this put to use in body text, so it's probably used for something else in the various window definitions?

The term 'reference' is used a LOT in various places within FG and 99% of it has nothing whatsoever to do with reference manuals.

I noticed this at the top:
    <!-- Note: FGF tags processed first for FG Classic, and TTF tags processed first for FGU -->

I'm using TTF, and not FGF and Fantasy Grounds Classic.

Is there a way to over-ride the default font face without converting the font to FGF? The size and color are used, but not the weight and face.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDork View Post
    Is there a way to over-ride the default font face without converting the font to FGF?
    Remove the fgffile entry from the font definition to force FG Classic to convert the TTF in the font definition to FGF at runtime.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 27th, 2020 at 23:06.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Is there a way to over-ride the default font face without converting the font to FGF? The size and color are used, but not the weight and face.
    FGC uses TTF fonts perfectly fine, just has a very slightly longer load time. Notice it says FGC "processes" the FGF font definition first, not that it requires it. It's just a way to define fonts per client if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Remove the fgffile entry from the font definition to force FG Classic to convert the TTF in the font definition to FGF at runtime.
    Remove the fgffile from the custom font extension I'm creating, or from CoreRPG?

Remove the fgffile from the custom font extension I'm creating, or from CoreRPG?
    Assuming your extension will be overriding the font definitions we're referring to, then you'll do that in your extension. It is very, very rare (I mean *very* rare) that you will be modifying the actual ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hm.. Everything you've said is as i expected, and yet the font face is not changing. I'll share it and screenshots later. Prepping for a session right now

Thread Information