5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Fonts.JPG
    Ok, I snapped a screenshot. I'm creating a JetBrainsMono font set (man i love this new font), and noticed that the uppercase "I" character in FG (highlighted in the screenshot above my IDE) is not JetBrainsMono.

I copied that text and pasted it into the IDE (in the comments; green) to compare the way the font *should* appear. Note that the same extension works properly in FGU, while FGC doesn't.

Also -- styles aren't showing up:
    nostyles.JPG
    Last edited by MacDork; January 28th, 2020 at 00:43.

Blog Entries
    Here, I grabbed that font and quickly popped it into an extension and ran it in multiple rulesets just fine. Here's the 5E desktop:

One thing you'll notice right away is that the reference-r font definition isn't only used in Story and Refpages—it's also the main Library window font, among other things, just like the reference-h isn't just header text, it's the library categories. So you have to be very careful with what point size you choose with your font definitions, as they frequently get used in more places than you'd initially think about.

Here I chose 16pt for all the regular fonts and 20pt for the header, that way it looks fine in all the pages but also the Library window and all the others too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Here's another example of the same extension, this time in the Savage Worlds ruleset. Same as the 5E desktop above, you'll notice the reference-r font gets used all over the place (highlighted in yellow here), which is one of the main things to watch for. Highlighted in blue is the reference-h definition, and hot pink is the reference-page-header definition, which is only used on refpage header blocks, but it's something that theme authors need to start paying attention to as more DLC Developers get up to speed on using the refblocks. I used 36pt for that, which is probably bigger than necessary but it sure makes the point.

Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Extension posted in this thread.

Good lookin out -- thank you!

Thread Information