FG Spreadshirt Swag

[Bug] DMG effects not working correctly on crits, sneak attacks etc.

Hello

I found some bug when one has DMG effects: When there at least two of them with the same damage type (except untyped seemingly) then they do not correctly stack when one of them only triggers at a critical. For example a weapon with the effects flaming (DMG: 1d6 fire) and flaming burst (DMG: 1d10 fire, critical) only gets the additional d6 fire damage die when doing a crit:

As you can see the d6 does not get added when it is a standard strike. Moreover the damage types of the new damage die d6+d10 is then fire, fire, critical. Somehow the dice get merged wrongly without respecting that one of them only get triggered by a crit. This problem does not arise when both effects would have different damage types, like the d6 one would be DMG: d6 electricity; then it would work correctly

A similar problem also for precision damage: Then both dice are added always because one is always triggering these but the damage type is then fire, fire, precision such that also DMG: 1d6 fire is treated as precision damage. Thence I assume similar problems for any special damage type like critical and precision

Have fun

Best,

Kelrugem

EDIT: a possible workaround for that special situation is to add the d6 fire damage die to the damage definition of that weapon and only having the d10 as an effect, then everything works But in my group there is at least one person who always casts a buff adding additional d6 fire damage dice to the weapons and since that has some small duration it is better to have this as an effect When then someone has a burst weapon then one gets problems with such a setup
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 26th, 2020 at 18:30.

I tried to re-create this and I can't get the second effect to work *at all* - DMG: 1d10 fire, critical doesn't work even if it's all alone - and it does make the first 1d6 fire not work as you stated.

*edit*

I can get that to work if I roll the attack - if I have manual dice on and enter the attack manually it will not trigger the second effect. Your workaround does work, however the second effect still will not trigger with manual dice.
    Last edited by Ckorik; January 27th, 2020 at 03:08.

I have found a workaround: At the moment FG treats the DMG effect similarly when their first listed damage type is the same; so, in the case as in the first post here DMG: d6 fire; DMG: d10 critical, fire prevents the problem, too, even as a pure effect

I think I have solved the problem in my extension, which I may upload, but would be nice when the native FG code would already solve that (I have suggested my solution here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...155#post566155, in a 5e thread because 5e has a similar problem)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 21st, 2020 at 00:24.

Thread Information