DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Per a suggestion from damned after he read that thread, I made another post on their site to clarify.
    https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-H...s/td-p/3359078

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Good catch and followup I was going to suggest the same thing Hopefully it will help.

I've submitted a similar ticket with Cox customer support as a customer and will let you know if they say anything useful.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Does anyone know how to make it show up? Some of the port 1802 on the Advanced stuff never came in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerian Windfaelor View Post
    Does anyone know how to make it show up? Some of the port 1802 on the Advanced stuff never came in.
    Going to need more details than this. No idea what "it" you are referring to. Perhaps screen shots? Just black out your username and any PII if there is any.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I use comcast business and I don't see such problems.

I'm having some problems. I upgraded my Modem to a Arris SurfBoard: SBG7600AC2
    It has an integrated router and so I went to set up port forwarding and created the port forward with the 1802 port, etc.
    Got a Failure when I tried to connect.

I'm a Xfinity buyer. When I set up my modem it forced me to log in and register that with Comcast. I've looked ALL over the app to try to figure out how to white list this port forward and I can't find it.

SO, I went back to my old modem and router to run the game tonight, and it STILL didn't work.

I know I am doing everything right, Port Forward is set up correct, when I went back to the old system the Internal number changed (as it should)

I'm hitting my forehead against the wall to try to fix this.

Blog Entries
    Put your new router back on and try the links earlier in this thread - see if you can access the web control panel and disable advanced security - or whitelist the FG (and players) IP addresses.

There should also be a way in the xfinity router config to set to bridge mode so you can used your new router.

Just a note to Shaw Communications users; you can have the Shaw Internet service team configure your Internet router-modem for bridged mode. When it's in that mode it will function more like a standard cable modem with minimal routing features and won't tamper with you port configurations. That's what I did and I've never had any issues with hosting players with FGC Ultimate.
    That said, you don't want to do that unless you have a 2nd router connected to your Shaw router-modem; too risky for security otherwise. As well, that also means for FGC you have to config your Shaw modem-router to redirect port 1802 to your internal router's IP address, which in turn needs to redirect it to the IP address of your PC running FGC.

Personally, I like having 2 layers of security like that and are now running FGU in LAN mode with the same configuration.

Thanks for the reply Nylanfs and damned

I went back to just the Arris router/modem combo and attempted to find a way to get to whatever mysterious thing Xfininity has out there (my Arris board I bought myself) and I can't find anywhere about whitelisting, etc. I tried the links damned has posted and it all just drives me to download the xfinity app and I can't find anything about that.

I'm reaching out to xfininity customer support to get some help, hopefully we can solve this. I would have for all this to junk FG and FGU (I have them both)

Thread Information