DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko_Chan View Post
    is Spectrum doing this?
    cause I'm having the same issues but no idea how to deal with it.
    Don't know. But more and more are adding this 'capability'.

Check your account with them and see if they offer "Advanced Security" or some other type of web-based security portal for your account. If they have a portal for controlling your security settings on their website and not directly on your modem/router/gateway, then they probably do.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Hi Miko_Chan

Its possibel something else is going on. Can you look at the Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained and work thru post #1. It might highlight where else the problem could be.

I'd like to note that this just happened to me when I tried to start up as a GM and purchased some sourcebooks. As a player this never bothered me. We have children so "Advanced Security" needs to stay on.

Also, I had tremendous trouble navigating the Xfinity web page in Chrome. I had to download the Xfi app on my Android to be able to click into the Device and reset the 30 day clock.

Happily, this worked and now my downloads are being added.

Good Day and Welcome JK47
    Thanks for adding this, hopefully it will help others who are in a similar situation.

Despite the two years ive been coming to this site and using fg quite regularly...I've never paid attention to this sticky but now that i see it.

This cant be customer wide for xfinity users. Ive had their service , in fact its the only isp ive had since moving into my current residence in 2001....ive never had to whitelist any of my players....ever.

Edit...its because i use my own router and my comcast config is pass thru..meaning the modem just provides the connection instead of routing functions.
    Last edited by Mytherus; July 31st, 2020 at 16:11. Reason: Updated for clarity

Blog Entries
    This is only for customers of these ISPs who use a modem/router/gateway provided by the ISP and have their 'Advanced Security' feature enabled.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I've tried multiple times to get Comcast to whitelist or provide information about how to avoid getting caught in this. After multiple negative responses by their web site support over a period of two months, I set this aside to come back to. The Comcast representatives answer is that there is no way to get whitelisted or avoid; and I even asked them to escalate to their engineers with the same answer resturned.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I've tried multiple times to get Comcast to whitelist or provide information about how to avoid getting caught in this. After multiple negative responses by their web site support over a period of two months, I set this aside to come back to. The Comcast representatives answer is that there is no way to get whitelisted or avoid; and I even asked them to escalate to their engineers with the same answer resturned.

Regards,
    JPG
    Total speculation, but I think they are purchasing this 'Advanced Security' solution from a vendor, and don't have control over it themselves.

In my case, Cox buys their modems they sell/lease to customers from Arris. I imagine for Cox that 'Advanced Security' is a product bundled with the 'Panaramic Wifi' gateways they they get from Arris. (Of note, you have to have the Panaromic Wifi gateway in order to be able to have/use Advanced Security, the older/other modems don't support it.)

A little bit of research on Arris seems to support this to as Arris has some security products that may simple be renamed by ISPs for the consumer market, i.e. "ARRIS Secure Internet app", "MultiTrust Advanced Rights Management" etc

Arris Customer Support (https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/) might be able to help, but in the past they have always directed me back to my ISP (on other topics my ISP was ignorant of). But perhaps with the right words and phrases you might get routed to what might be the right group to discuss.

Blog Entries
    ok, didn't let this go. When you get back to it Moon, some more info for you;

Comscope purchased Arris in 2019, Their page here is for ISPs and the talking points for their "Home Assure" are almost identical to what Cox and xFinity use in their 'Panaromic Wifi' and 'xFi' product descriptions. There is a contact number for Home Assure sales and support at the bottom of this PDF; https://www.commscope.com/globalasse...-operators.pdf

Here's the last feedback I got from their support team:
    https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinit...t/td-p/3324899

JPG

Thread Information