FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 24 of 25 First ... 1422232425 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    Is there any value in trimming the .csv to only sounds you might use?

I am a SuperSyrin, and my CSV is 20+ MB in size, so I am pondering deleting all the Cthulhu and sci-fi stuff and rebuilding the links module for my D&D game.
    The only impact it would have is to slightly shorten the initial load time. It wouldn’t really affect performance once the table is loaded
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

v23 released.

With the release of FG v4.20, I have pushed v23.

Changelog:
    4.20 introduced a new API call, Interface.openURL() which allows the code to make a web call and collect the response. For all Syrisncape Online users, I have converted all of the triggering functions to use this new superior method. The major benefit of this method is that it should now allow Mac/Linux users to function without requiring any 3rd party URI handler solutions. This new solution directly uses syrinscapes own web REST API to trigger the sound playback, so it should be more consistent and less prone to error. Any Mac/Linux users, if you get a chance please test the new version out with no URI handler installed to make sure it works. Everything seems like it should, but I dont have those systems to test on currently.

At the request of one user, I have made the volume control buttons draggable and linkable. So you can drag a volume button down to a shortcut bar, or into a story entry. These have also been modified to use the new URL and only work for Syrinscape Online.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Has anyone had there entire chat trigger list disappear from only 1 campaign and all the rest were fine? I'm stumped. I cant figure out how it left or how to get them back in. I still have all 1000 pages of Syrinscape sounds but the Lost mines of Phandelver campaign I've been running lost all it's chat triggers earlier today. While all other campaigns in my list still have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballzack View Post
    Has anyone had there entire chat trigger list disappear from only 1 campaign and all the rest were fine? I'm stumped. I cant figure out how it left or how to get them back in. I still have all 1000 pages of Syrinscape sounds but the Lost mines of Phandelver campaign I've been running lost all it's chat triggers earlier today. While all other campaigns in my list still have them.
    I've not seen that specifically. Have you double checked that you have the chat triggers module loaded? If it is loaded and the list still appears blank. you can try to go to the module window and revert changes. that should reset it back to default. The last thing you can try is to go into the campaign directory, look for a moduledb folder, and find the Syrinscape Chat Triggers.xml file in there. delete that one file, and restart and load the module. that will reset it back to default.

Is anyone having issues with delayed sounds from chat triggers or from sound boards? If we play for a while (5 minutes) without sending across a sound request, the system seems to go to sleep. The next sound request (be it trigger or from a sound board) may take up to three minutes to activate in Syrinscape. Once it goes through, all subsequent sound requests are almost instantaneous from game to Syrinscape. After the combat, if we go into a lull of requests sent to Syrinscape for a period of time we'll see the lag again. FGU to Syrinscape Online Player.

Quote Originally Posted by Urqy View Post
    Is anyone having issues with delayed sounds from chat triggers or from sound boards? If we play for a while (5 minutes) without sending across a sound request, the system seems to go to sleep. The next sound request (be it trigger or from a sound board) may take up to three minutes to activate in Syrinscape. Once it goes through, all subsequent sound requests are almost instantaneous from game to Syrinscape. After the combat, if we go into a lull of requests sent to Syrinscape for a period of time we'll see the lag again. FGU to Syrinscape Online Player.
    The delay isnt actually within the extension or FG. But with the browser that Syrinscape Online is playing on. Many browsers will time out audio if the tab does not have focus. They do this for various reasons, to save memory, processing for stuff you dont appear to be actively listening to. I find that I have to keep the browser window open and the tab selected to ensure that audio doesnt get interrupted. If you find additional delays even with the browser open and focused, there is always a possibility there is something going on with the syrinscape servers. You can try switching which server you are on in the online soundset creator.

Thanks! I tried switching browsers and did some experiments.
    Last edited by Urqy; February 24th, 2023 at 19:52.

Hi,

Has it become possible to transfer the license from DMSGuild to Forge?

I have had it since 8/13/2020 and love it, but I think using forge updates would be simpler.

Thanks

Web Dove

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi,

Has it become possible to transfer the license from DMSGuild to Forge?

I have had it since 8/13/2020 and love it, but I think using forge updates would be simpler.

Thanks

Web Dove
    No, there is no way to transfer the license at this time.

Just purchased sound links extension - the upload and setup was easy to follow for online use - and the extension saves a ton of time on managing sounds - thank you.

Question - when setting up a sound board you can run multiple buttons to overlap multiple sounds - is there a way within sound board to toggle a sound button on and off if needed. it would be helpful if the button of the active sound running was a different color on the board and could be clicked again to toggle off. Right now I am using the syrinscape website to turn all sounds off. I will look through the wiki again for any suggestions.
    Currently GMing:
    * The Haunted Highlands - Castles & Crusades

Thread Information