DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 25 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    DarkSpartan45 - See post #61 and #65 for the Syrinscape Bridge app a fellow Mac user made. It works perfectly! You need to have both the Syrinscape Bridge and Syrinscape Online opened up before attempting to use the sounds.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

I'm having a hard time here with the FGU interaction. I have installed the .mod and .ext properly (hard to mess that up) I also followed the video and entered in my key. One of the issues I am having is that the Syrinscape sounds take a REALLY long time to load after I hit the green button. I realize that is a subjective statement but I have been using Fantasy Grounds Unity for a little bit now and have gotten a feel about low long things take (I am also running a very respectable computer in terms of power and components).
    A second issue is that once the Syrinscape Sounds open in FGU if I click on one of thous and try to play it, there is the same massive delay that really makes the whole thing unusable in-game (the delay took as long as 2 minutes once) because the moment you want the sounds and music has passed once they finally queue up, and then I'm stuck listening to them for another 2 minutes before it registers the stop action.
    A final bit of trouble is the Syrinscape online master screen. When I log into it I get several error messages at the top at the top of the screen and it just sits there 'loading' my soundset, but never does.

I've used Syrinscape on my Ipad for a few years now, and I know it's a great product. I'm probably doing something wrong here, so I finally decided to ask.

Thanks
    Syrinscape.png

Quote Originally Posted by Ladicius Cainam View Post
    I'm having a hard time here with the FGU interaction. I have installed the .mod and .ext properly (hard to mess that up) I also followed the video and entered in my key. One of the issues I am having is that the Syrinscape sounds take a REALLY long time to load after I hit the green button. I realize that is a subjective statement but I have been using Fantasy Grounds Unity for a little bit now and have gotten a feel about low long things take (I am also running a very respectable computer in terms of power and components).
    A second issue is that once the Syrinscape Sounds open in FGU if I click on one of thous and try to play it, there is the same massive delay that really makes the whole thing unusable in-game (the delay took as long as 2 minutes once) because the moment you want the sounds and music has passed once they finally queue up, and then I'm stuck listening to them for another 2 minutes before it registers the stop action.
    A final bit of trouble is the Syrinscape online master screen. When I log into it I get several error messages at the top at the top of the screen and it just sits there 'loading' my soundset, but never does.

I've used Syrinscape on my Ipad for a few years now, and I know it's a great product. I'm probably doing something wrong here, so I finally decided to ask.

Thanks
    Syrinscape.png
    Your first issue, with the loading time for FGU is a known problem. FGU is still in beta and has not been through any sort of performance tuning, and my sound module really pushes the limits of it now with over 24,000 sound links. As FGU nears release I expect that the loading times will improve significantly. If there are still issues after release I will be looking at various ways to redesign the interface to speed things up. Unfortunately, any change I make to improve the speed comes with the cost of making things less user-friendly or convenient.

Your second and third issues seem to be related. They dont seem to have anything to do with the extension, but something with how Syrinscape Online is installed on your machine seems wrong. I would suggest heading over to the Syrinscape forums and raising it as a question there. 2 minutes is a massive delay, on my system, most sounds trigger in under 1 sec. And Syrinscape Online is supposed to be caching your sounds, so playing them more than once should be immediate. If you are getting errors in the Online player, something may be wrong that they would have more insight in how to fix.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Hey Matt,

Firstly, awesome work on this system. It's so helpful and runs so smoothly.

Are there any plans to have the syrinscape sound play directly through fantasygrounds as opposed to the syrinscape online player? Some of my players keep having technical difficulties with it, so was hoping having a way to play the sounds through FGU might resolve that. Just curious.

Thanks for all your hard work!

If the FG developers ever add that functionality I will incorporate it with the extension but FG currently has no capabilities for audio handling.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Module updated on DMG with latest sounds

Hi @mattekure,

Thanks for this work. I am attempting to get this working in my FGU software and I am after clarification on the following:

I understand that it is expected behaviour for your sound links module to take ages to load (for me, it's about 10 minutes) when you first select the syrinscape banner from within FGU in a specific campaign. However, after closing FGU and then reopening and loading (hosting) the same campaign (ie, the next day), is it normal behaviour for it to take the same amount of time to load on all subsequent 'first-time' selection of the banner?

It is taking the same amount of time (close to 10 minutes on my slow computer) every time I open the banner for the first time on subsequent sessions in FGU in the same campaign...

I am very grateful for your help. No rush on an answer.

Cheers,

4P
    Last edited by 4Points; April 18th, 2020 at 10:34. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by 4Points View Post
    Hi @mattekure,

Thanks for this work. I am attempting to get this working in my FGU software and I am after clarification on the following:

I understand that it is expected behaviour for your sound links module to take ages to load (for me, it's about 10 minutes) when you first select the syrinscape banner from within FGU in a specific campaign. However, after closing FGU and then reopening and loading (hosting) the same campaign (ie, the next day), is it normal behaviour for it to take the same amount of time to load on all subsequent 'first-time' selection of the banner?

It is taking the same amount of time (close to 10 minutes on my slow computer) every time I open the banner for the first time on subsequent sessions in FGU in the same campaign...

I am very grateful for your help. No rush on an answer.

Cheers,

4P
    Unfortunately, yes. The delay will happen the first time you open the banner for each FG session. The delay is caused by FGU trying to read through the nearly 25,000 sound links and loading them into memory for sorting and use. So it typically only happens once per session when you open the banner. But that entire process has to happen again for each session.

Curious - when downloading updates, does the require downloading the MOD and the EXE or just the EXE? I've been doing it both to be safe, but IDK if the MOD is being changed with updates.

Quote Originally Posted by vvZODvv View Post
    Curious - when downloading updates, does the require downloading the MOD and the EXE or just the EXE? I've been doing it both to be safe, but IDK if the MOD is being changed with updates.
    The mod is updated more frequently than the ext. In general its safer to just do both at the same time for any update. The module updates are just to add the most recently released sound links. The ext updates provide new functionlaity and bugfixes.

Thread Information