FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 25 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    I'm probably over thinking this. So I do the CSV updates when I'm in my primary campaign that I'm running. Do I have to repeat the CSV update in my secondary campaign that I'm running. Or do I start a campaign called MK Syrinscape Sound Links do the CSV update and /export. I'm not sure what is the correct way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemanpat View Post
    I'm probably over thinking this. So I do the CSV updates when I'm in my primary campaign that I'm running. Do I have to repeat the CSV update in my secondary campaign that I'm running. Or do I start a campaign called MK Syrinscape Sound Links do the CSV update and /export. I'm not sure what is the correct way.
    Just repeat the CSV import in each campaign. Sound records are not exportable (chat triggers for sounds ARE exportable however).
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Hi Mattekure, I just purchased and install the sound link and chat triggers. I'm a Syrinscape Sci-Fi subscriber and all works perfectly exept the chat triggers. For some reason when I do an attack and the words are showing in the chat window, no sounds come out. But when I write it directly in the chat window the sounds are playing OK...Also The sounds just keeps playing over and over. I have to manually stop them. Can you help?

Chat Triggers.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rgk13 View Post
    Hi Mattekure, I just purchased and install the sound link and chat triggers. I'm a Syrinscape Sci-Fi subscriber and all works perfectly exept the chat triggers. For some reason when I do an attack and the words are showing in the chat window, no sounds come out. But when I write it directly in the chat window the sounds are playing OK...Also The sounds just keeps playing over and over. I have to manually stop them. Can you help?

Chat Triggers.jpg
    Is it possibly the : at the end? Try adding that?

I did and it did not make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by rgk13 View Post

Chat Triggers.jpg
    There are two issues here.

1. you are trying to trigger on the speaker name, in this case "Dinosaur". Unfortunately, due to the way FG handles chat messages, I can only look at the body of the message, and not who said it. So I cant trigger on the name "Dinosaur", but if the message contained the word Dinosaur it would trigger. So in your example, my extension can only see the text "Fighting: Tail Lash: Str+d4 Brachiosaurus make a free attack against up to two foes at its side or rear." You could set up a trigger on Brachiosaurus and that should trigger.

2. You likely set the triggered sound as a mood, or SFX. Those loop. I highly recommend that for chat triggers, you try to limit it to just one-shot sounds. There is a filter you can set so it only shows one-shots. Those will play once and stop.
    Last edited by mattekure; March 13th, 2020 at 23:09.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thank you I will make the modifications.

Mattekure and Nemesismmx - Thank you so much. Because of you guys, I have sound for my D&D games on my Mac. It works great, well done!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

Hey Mattekure, when I load from notepad to CSV Importer Fantasy Grounds will crash with lots of console errors saying Out of memory. Would it be possible to instead of copy all from notepad to CSV Importer to maybe divide and import maybe a quarter at a time. I dont mind doing it that way but was just wanting to make sure that its would not make another problem. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemanpat View Post
    Hey Mattekure, when I load from notepad to CSV Importer Fantasy Grounds will crash with lots of console errors saying Out of memory. Would it be possible to instead of copy all from notepad to CSV Importer to maybe divide and import maybe a quarter at a time. I dont mind doing it that way but was just wanting to make sure that its would not make another problem. Thanks for your help.
    Short answer: Yes, but dont delete the very first line.

Longer answer: The out of memory comes because its trying to import too many nodes at once. Generally I recommend making sure you download the most recent module update before doing any CSV import. That will limit the number of items it tries to import. Also, if you are tech savvy enough to edit the CSV file, you can certainly restrict the number of entries in it. Generally I would recommend doing the editing in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Any custom items that you create will have the term "PRIVATE" in the status field and you have the capacity to sort or filter the entries for deletion. If you are only trying to import your custom items, you can delete the other entries. Make sure you do not delete the first line, and make sure you save it as a CSV file. Be careful not to accidentally save it as an excel file. Then import using notepad as normal.
    Last edited by mattekure; March 25th, 2020 at 19:04.

Thread Information