FG Spreadshirt Swag

Data got deleted. Twice.

I have been hosting fantasy grounds for months now. Many sessions with no issues. Earlier this month though my family and i got on and all of our data was deleted. Hot bars, Characters, everything i had added to the campaign as a DM, it was like we were starting fresh. So we bit the bullet and remade some stuff. Now we got on again today and all of the campaign data has been deleted yet again. Latest version is installed. I am not good with computers so is there a detailed step by step on how to restore a previous session?

Thank you

If you go to your campaign folder (either through the "open data folder" button in the FG launcher, or by going to C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\yourcampaign directly), you should see a file called db.xml and a whole bunch of db.session.XXXXXXX.xml files (XXXXXXX being a bunch of numbers). If you have a db.xml, make a backup now just in case. If you don't, we've already found the problem.

Next, rename the most recent db.session.XXXXXXX.xml file to db.xml (overwriting the one already there if necessary - you made a backup, right? ). This should hopefully bring back your campaign, minus perhaps the most recent changes to it.

As for diagnosing the cause: are you using anything like Dropbox, OneDrive, Seafile, Syncthing etc. to synchronize the campaign folder?

I tried that just now and it didn't work. Unless there I did not make a backup correctly. (Entirely possible). I just had a file that said db.xml so i took that one and renamed it db.xml.original. Then I renamed the db.xml session I wanted to try and load from db.xmlxxxxxxx to just db.xml but all data is still erased from fantasy grounds.

As for what i am using, i am not using anything extra. Just what ever fantasy grounds uses on its own.

Blog Entries
    Please post a screenshot of your campaign folder in Explorer Detail view - eg showing file sizes
    Also attach extensionstate.xml and the largest of the db.something.xml files

When looking for a db.session file to rename you are looking for the one that has the most recent date stamp or is the biggest in size. You may have to go back to an earlier one to get your stuff. Of course the earlier you go back then more data will be lost.

It's interesting that you lost your hot keys since those are not stored in your db.xml file but rather the usersettings/hotekyes_host.xml file. You aren't by any chance using a cloud based back up linked to your FGData folder are you?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Are these different FG installations? Or is the issue happening on exactly the same computer every time?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information