Starfinder Playlist

Connecting to Fantasy Grounds from my business office

I am going to host a D&D session in two weeks at the conference room at my business office. I installed Fantasy Grounds on my laptop, and allowed Fantasy Grounds access through my firewall settings. However, the connection test fails. I do not have access to the router, and the building manager probably has no idea how to setup port forwarding on port 1802, and will probably not grant me access to change settings in the router.

It also fails on my cell phone hotspot connection.

Any other options or solutions?

Blog Entries
    You will need to use/setup a VPN. That will bypass the network security in the building. See this post for more details; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Alternatives

Hamachi is free, but requires all players to install it. PureVPN with dedicated IP option is what I use, but it is not free.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok, excellent. I will try Hamachi. I will be the only one using it. I just want access to my character sheet and all of the support books I have purchased in Fantasy Grounds. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
    I will be the only one using it. I just want access to my character sheet and all of the support books I have purchased in Fantasy Grounds. Thanks for the recommendation.
    All of this is on your local hard drive - none of that is stored on Fantasy Grounds servers. As you’re the only one using FG you don’t even need an Internet connection when you use it. Before you play, when you do have an Internet connection, make sure you’ve ran an update to download the latest versions of your purchases, and make sure you have your PC within a campaign on your laptop.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    All of this is on your local hard drive - none of that is stored on Fantasy Grounds servers. As you’re the only one using FG you don’t even need an Internet connection when you use it. Before you play, when you do have an Internet connection, make sure you’ve ran an update to download the latest versions of your purchases, and make sure you have your PC within a campaign on your laptop.
    Oh, even better.

Yeah, totally works at home. I didnt think that you could load a campaign with character info and rulebooks without successfully connecting. I will give that a try.

Really appreciate the technical support!

Thread Information