5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Current Issues as of 6 player campaign on 7/3;7/4

Setup: FGU ruleset 5E; extensions (in my signature); Lan connection (as still have some players having infinite lockout during connection issue); 6 players; large LOS defined dungeon (actually the blood skull map that comes down with DMG was edited for LOS - lots of irregular borders so lots of LOS points in some cases)

1) Had players occasionally lose connection and not be able to get back in. Happened about three times in a 4 hour session.
    Workaround: Kick the player icon left in host, then they seem to connect in fine. Seems FGU should be able to detect this and do this for you.

2) Tokens in combat tracker will randomly become the wrong NPC token. .
    Workaround: Look up token asset or look up original NPC sheet (not combat tracker's) and replace in combat tracker.

3) NPCs given over to player control by dropping Combat Tracker NPC sheet link over logged in player icon in upper left will give them the sheet, allows them to move the NPC (if you have the necessary option set), but cannot double click on actions highlight-able text in the NPC sheet and have it work properly, as it does not seem to respect the targets in combat tracker for that NPC.
    Workaround: Have host do all the actions for that NPC from combat tracker.

4) Targeting occasionally lagged or even seemed to "lose" the CTRL click on a target making it have to be redone an annoying amount of time.
    Workaround: Host suffered "less" of this and would have to jump in and set the various targets. Is there a way to remove all targets all at once without having to CTRL click through them all (thinking of when fireball happened over a number of targets, then trying to clear them all).

And on an unrelated to "bug" issue, how does one define a trap attack/save/damage?

I had a chest with a spell trap (lightning) but I've only had spells in actual PCs or NPCs. How to you define one in your story for a inanimate object doing the "thing"? (this would apply for spell or physical stuff)
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 5th, 2020 at 13:38.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Workaround: Have host do all the actions for that NPC from combat tracker.
    Yep, this one sucks. Haven't found a way to do it either except have the DM do actions.

Is there a way to remove all targets all at once without having to CTRL click through them all (thinking of when fireball happened over a number of targets, then trying to clear them all).
    As the host, in the combat tracker, open the targeting icon (cross hair thing) then click the remove all targets.
    (IIRC, going from memory.)

Quote Originally Posted by srinity View Post
    As the host, in the combat tracker, open the targeting icon (cross hair thing) then click the remove all targets.
    (IIRC, going from memory.)
    Can't believe I missed that button. Thanks! Is it available to the players also? Or just the Host?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Can't believe I missed that button. Thanks! Is it available to the players also? Or just the Host?
    Host only

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

When I am not mistaken then there should be "Remove all targets" in the toolbar, too (next to the target button of the toolbar) Players do have access to that button then, too, but there are some synchronization problems as described here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ing-in-toolbar

Thread Information