STAR TREK 2d20

Is there a format to spell effects in a spell module?

I'm trying to figure out how to simplify adding certain "spells" to my NPCs by creating a new module to do so, but I have a lot of effects I need to add en-mass. As such, I'm trying to figure out if there are any sorts of templates I can utilize to actually make this a much quicker process.

My current observation is that the ID for each effect seems to be quasi-random, with some effects being labeled as <ID-00003> in one area while being labled as <ID-0004> in another. I'm not sure why. And text effects are then extrapolated into their outcomes, it all seems rather confusing from the outside.

Welcome to the FG forums.

The id-XXXXX parameters are FGs way of making children of parent nodes. The first will be id-00001, the second id-00002, etc.. if children are deleted then the node count doesn't reset.

There's a community spell module that has a lot of effects manually coded into it. Looking at how that's done might help. Find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...FRPG-Spellbook
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information