DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

update time out issue

I'm trying to update the FGU client, but it's extremlly slow and I get many time out message. Is there a problem with the update server?

Ditto. Several threads. I thought it was my computer cause I had to switch to my work laptop but maybe not.

Blog Entries
    Yes, please see the Playtest forum for details.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I thought this was the playtest forum.

However, noticing that the updater is still updating things even though it said Complete so it seems to have gone back and got the rest of the files.

However however, I still can't click the "Launch" button.
    Last edited by Taj Calvin; March 27th, 2020 at 00:34.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj Calvin View Post
    I thought this was the playtest forum.
    Sorry, though I was in a different one

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Sorry, though I was in a different one
    LOL, you really had me confused but I'm a noob here so I'm sort of used to it. Still hoping for someone to pop up and have a solution. This is what I'm seeing now. It said complete after all the time outs, but then it kept downloading stuff so I just waited. Now it says "complete and I mean it" (JK) but I still can't launch.

Capture.PNG

Blog Entries
    Yea, there is a bunch of stuff going on right now both with the update server and the connection server. It appears both are having bandwidth/overloaded problems. Don't know what to say at this point except to keep updating when possible. There are console.log files that can help the devs if you post them. Preferable by both the GM and player right after the issue(s) occur since they get re-written when you start FGU.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj Calvin View Post
    LOL, you really had me confused but I'm a noob here so I'm sort of used to it. Still hoping for someone to pop up and have a solution. This is what I'm seeing now. It said complete after all the time outs, but then it kept downloading stuff so I just waited. Now it says "complete and I mean it" (JK) but I still can't launch.

Capture.PNG
    That one got me too. Can you click the "Launch Fantasy Grounds" button?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    That one got me too. Can you click the "Launch Fantasy Grounds" button?
    No. It's still trying to download files. I'm just going to let it run.

We just had an issue with the FGC update server a couple hours ago; and we just got it back online. It should be good to go now.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information