5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Unable to Connect to Host

I Installed The Unity Playtest client. Entered my Login and Ultimate license key and updated. I am able to Host Just fine but when my players try to connect to the Host ( Does not matter if I select Cloud or Local ) they get the Error "Unable to connect to host - The Host and Player clients are running incompatible program versions. Update and try again." I have had two of my players try and connect with the same message. They installed the same FBU installer I did V4.0.0
    Both Host and Clients have updated and report version v4.0.0

Edit: I have also tried connecting to my Game via a remote controlled PC on a separate network and get the same error. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Last edited by Lothak; January 23rd, 2020 at 03:10.

Even though they report the same version, we are internally incrementing the version information as we move through beta. Everyone will need to click the Check for Updates button and make sure they have the latest version.

Regards,
    JPG

"Both Host and Clients have updated and report version v4.0.0"

As i said, Both the clients and My Host have hit the update button several times. Both are fully updated.

Edit: I just tried again after again updating both host and client and getting same error.

Are some users on Mac, and some on PC? Sometimes the builds are slightly offset from each other during the beta period. We try to keep them in synch, but we're working as fast as we can to get things updated.

Alternately, perhaps the FantasyGrounds.exe file is not getting updated for some reason? You can try opening the folder where FGU is installed, delete FantasyGrounds.exe; then run FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe to force a download. (Or do uninstall/reinstall)

Regards,
    JPG

All on PC , Will Try Deleting the FantasyGrounds.exe and report back.

I am seeing this issue today after updating client and server.

FantasyGrounds.exe is version 2019.2.15.46892 on both client and server.

Blog Entries

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you, solved although not by that.

It seems the file version I reported does not change? The server reported itself as 4.0.0 (2020-03-20) and the client as 4.0.0 (2020-03-26).

Running the update was not fixing it.

I deleted FantasyGrounds.exe and then ran the update again. Now it works again (and they both report the same version date).

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Even though they report the same version, we are internally incrementing the version information as we move through beta. Everyone will need to click the Check for Updates button and make sure they have the latest version.
    FWIW... with more than one update per day coming out sometimes, and with the recent network-compatibility-breaking-queue change, and with the updater issues where the version of the updater you're running during bootstrapping is quite important... I'm definitely in the camp wanting the updater, launcher, and FGU itself to all report explicit and unambiguous build-identifying version numbers. I know the update infra is in better shape as of last night, but people are rationally nervous to run an update right before a game right now because if some succeed and some fail they might be worse off than they started... or it might work but take a long time. Being able to check a build number and compare it to the most recent, or just confirm that everybody is on the same recent-ish build is certainly useful.

Thread Information