5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Looking for FGU Stream to watch.

I’m having trouble finding a Fantasy Grounds Unity game being streamed on YouTube.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

Most of the DM's that stream are on Live Twitch then export the recorded video to YouTube. I will be starting streaming Unity in a couple of weeks. I am currently still running classic & streaming it on Twitch, but all my new games/streams which are all 5E D&D will be in unity. I show the DM's side of the table as well, but will be streaming a game I will be playing in, so viewer can also see the players side. I do see a few other DM's who are also running diffrent Rules Sets as well, like Pathfinder 2 and D&D 4th Edition.
    https://www.twitch.tv/draketakes
    Last edited by DrakePD; September 8th, 2020 at 00:07.
    ~Drake

I did see your channel while searching
    One thing I noticed is the difficulty telling the difference between fantasy grounds classic and fantasy grounds unity while browsing channels.
    The two indicators I've looked for were pre-planned movement by players and the line of sight restrictions.
    Other than that I'm not sure how to tell the difference.
    When you start your new streams making a clear distinction between classic and unity, either in the tile, something at the beginning the stream or perhaps the logo would be appreciated.
    I am looking forward to becoming a better DM by watching the techniques of professional

Honestly, there is not too much difference between Classic and Unity on the Highway, its under the hood that things are a bit different with mapping options and some slight rule set development improvements that still are in the works, like you mentioned the movement indicator which will be out soon if not just after Unity come out of Beta. And of coarse going from 32 bit to 64 bit. Unity, has just recently became stable enough for me to start to run it on my stream. A crashed table makes for a boring stream, so that is why most are just now starting. Adding a Logo showing Unity is a good idea for now, but very soon I would expect most to be hopping on with me in the Unity Train. Choo Choo. :P
    ~Drake

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garsun View Post
    Other than that I'm not sure how to tell the difference.
    The easiest way is to look for the "Asset" or "Token" icon in the bottom right corner of the screen, right about the Library button.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The easiest way is to look for the "Asset" or "Token" icon in the bottom right corner of the screen, right about the Library button.
    Good to know, Thank You

So, it feels like no one is streaming FGU yet .....

I stream most of my sessions, but it's mainly so I have something to look back on, because I'm a very forgetful DM. For Sessions 4-11, we were using FGU, but because my players were experiencing frequent crashing/connection issues, we switched to FGC for sessions 12-18. From everything I've been reading, though, FGU has really improved since then, so I'm going to try to go back to it sometime in the next month or two, and see how things go. I'll drop you a link in this thread when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Garsun View Post
    Good to know, Thank You

So, it feels like no one is streaming FGU yet .....
    It's still in Beta and has issues with certain things, that's why I am still on classic...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I will start fantasy grounds unity today, we used to play on classic, first time to unity! But we play in portuguese BR
    https://www.twitch.tv/ralke1

Thread Information