FG Spreadshirt Swag

newb wanting to learn

hello FGs community was sitting on couch reminiscing about the good old table top days and realized I bet there is a virtual table top and boy was I right. My whole 10minutes of research into this being a actual thing led me to here...….so that being said I have installed without purchase for now because it says you may demo the software basically, but I am looking to purchase and do more if I could play with/learn from someone. What is the best way to get going in this community? How do I find a game that is hosted for someone only with demo if that is a thing even? Or should I purchase and then find a game not quite sure if someone can tell me or link me to these answers or just point me in the right direction so I can have some fun, just need to figure out how to get started. I just don't want to purchase something and not be bale to play because I cant find a team of friends to play with.

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome to the forums and the FG community! Totally agree about giving things a trial run first. Sometimes you can find games either looking for a new player or if it's a one-shot, looking for all the players. Having said that, FG is truly a virtual tabletop and not a videogame like League of Legends, etc. where you join a lobby and it matchmakes you with players and you're off. In some ways, finding a game (or at least a good one) can be just as difficult as it is in meatspace.

There are the LFG section of the forum here, there are LFG channels on the Fantasy Grounds Discord. Or I would also highly recommend checking out Fantasy Grounds College and taking a class there. They'll have you join as a player and give a tour of the software features and the ruleset of your choice.

I'd also mention FG Con but that's still 3 months away in mid-April but that will be a 4-day convention with a lot of games for various rulesets being run on FG, all for free!

Again, welcome, hope you like FG and our community, and hope you find an awesome group to game with!

Quote Originally Posted by toastsniffer187 View Post
    hello FGs community was sitting on couch reminiscing about the good old table top days and realized I bet there is a virtual table top and boy was I right. My whole 10minutes of research into this being a actual thing led me to here...….
    Hello, you'll love it here. The community is very welcoming and friendly. What RPGs have you played before?

Another thing to mention that you should be aware of is that Fantasy Grounds Unity is set to come out in a few months.

yes I am aware and ready to jump into that as well is there or will there be a separate forums for unity? And I have played DnD and Hero Quest and Descent 1st Ed. I just took a class with FGC on character creation 101 and combat 101 and currently starting a pathfinder campaign on sundays. so it didn't trake but a week or 2 to get in the community and get going. Been welcoming and great thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Hello, you'll love it here. The community is very welcoming and friendly. What RPGs have you played before?

Another thing to mention that you should be aware of is that Fantasy Grounds Unity is set to come out in a few months.
    yes I am aware and ready to jump into that as well is there or will there be a separate forums for unity? And I have played DnD and Hero Quest and Descent 1st Ed. I just took a class with FGC on character creation 101 and combat 101 and currently starting a pathfinder campaign on sundays. so it didn't trake but a week or 2 to get in the community and get going. Been welcoming and great thus far.

Blog Entries
    There is a sub-forum for FGU. You can find it here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Unity-Playtest

It is mostly for issue reporting for beta testing.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information