5E Character Create Playlist

D20 Modern Core Rules - Switch to 3.5/Pathfinder Rule Set?

Essentially the D20 Modern game https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store....php?id=DGA054 was D&D3/3.5/Pathfinder ruleset with an alternate Players Handbook and campaign source material.

Please consider re-writing the module to be a source book for the 3.5/Pathfinder ruleset. The current module has not been updated in years and is in need of maintenance/errata fixes.

- Robert

I would love a more modern modern ruleset but I don't think you could use basic 3.5/pathfinder because of the class based defense system. That would require some rework at the ruleset level. It couldn't be done as a module though you could probably do most of it.

Blog Entries
    Was I dreaming or have I recently seen a WotC announcement about a 5E Modern rulebook...?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Was I dreaming or have I recently seen a WotC announcement about a 5E Modern rulebook...?
    I couldn't find anything about it but it would be cool. Really d20 modern is a pretty nifty system. We're getting ready to play a modern pre-during-post apocalypse game using it. We were underwhelmed by the ruleset but it works well enough to get by so can't really complain.

Blog Entries
    Maybe this is what I was thinking, https://www.enworld.org/threads/mode...dition.669760/

But I don't think so, doesn't fit the mental image in my head... But maybe I was dreaming?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Maybe this is what I was thinking, https://www.enworld.org/threads/mode...dition.669760/

But I don't think so, doesn't fit the mental image in my head... But maybe I was dreaming?
    Nice list. I'm really interested in the Spy Game, the quick start looks good. Hopefully someone will port it to FG.

I am in fact working on this very thing. Its easy to get the d20 modern modules to open in the 3.5E rules set, but so far i have needed to build an extension to change skills, add action points, rework the AC into Defense, and change how the items are displayed from the modules. Lots of other things are incompatible with drag and drop functionality. The d20 Modern classes don't have the proper coding to determine BAB or saves in the 3.5E rules. Its not a quick fix as i had hoped, but i am working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesdaadi View Post
    I am in fact working on this very thing. Its easy to get the d20 modern modules to open in the 3.5E rules set, but so far i have needed to build an extension to change skills, add action points, rework the AC into Defense, and change how the items are displayed from the modules. Lots of other things are incompatible with drag and drop functionality. The d20 Modern classes don't have the proper coding to determine BAB or saves in the 3.5E rules. Its not a quick fix as i had hoped, but i am working on it.
    I've redone the 3.5 PHB for FG and have some idea how to help with the classes if you need a hand with that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jonesdaadi View Post
    Any update on this.
    i am wanting to do a campaign with this system for pathfinder.

Thread Information