DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New to Fantasy Grounds Unity

Hello everyone,

I'm new to fantasy grounds unity and I don't know how to play. Can someone help me get started? I bought this game thinking it will be easy board game on the computer but seems very complicated to use.

Quote Originally Posted by kashmeister View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to fantasy grounds unity and I don't know how to play. Can someone help me get started? I bought this game thinking it will be easy board game on the computer but seems very complicated to use.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity is used to play games like GURPS, and sometime Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder etc.

Have you played any games like that before?

No I haven't played games like that before. I used to play a board game once called Hero Quest. Not sure if its kind of similar to D&D. I know in D&D it has a lot to do with your imagination rather than having a board to go along with it. I used to watch some of my friends play when I was younger and it always intrigued me

If you only want to play and not lead players (being a Game Master, Dungeon Master, or something alike) then you normally only need the free demo account.

Here are videos that show the software with different "games" or "ruelsets" in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN0--8XHCUA
    https://youtu.be/-S5q0V7YFlc?t=3126

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    If you only want to play and not lead players (being a Game Master, Dungeon Master, or something alike) then you normally only need the free demo account.
    Well to start with I would like to just play, once I get the hang of things I wouldn't mind being a Game Master or Dungeon Master. I definitely want to play with people.

Blog Entries
    Not seeing it mentioned yet, but I would highly recommend checking into Fantasy Grounds Academy and it wouldn't hurt to join their Discord Server.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    Not seeing it mentioned yet, but I would highly recommend checking into Fantasy Grounds Academy and it wouldn't hurt to join their Discord Server.
    Thank you I joined their discord server.

Blog Entries
    Check out the LFG forums https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...king-for-Group

Find a game there looing for a player and then reach out to the game master. It may take some time to find the right fit, but keep trying. Also check out the sub-forums for organized play, D&D Adventurer's League and Pathfinder Society. Both runs lots of games and are friendly to new players.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm new to this edition too. Indeed, my FG expertise is decidedly limited. I'm hoping the fresh start will do me some good. As it is, I will be looking for games ion such a way that fits my schedule as a writer, reader, and health care consumer.

It should be fun as long as I can find a way to make all my deadlines.
    FGU Ultimate -- All Players Welcome
    "Without Love, I'd have no anger. I wouldn't believe in righteousness." -- Bernie Taupin

Thread Information