FG Spreadshirt Swag

Graph Paper Grid add on?

I'm posting this here because my group plays 5e, please move if needed.

My group just finished an almost 3 year run though of Tomb of Annihilation. Now one of my players wants to DM some home brew campaign and he is asking if there is some kind of add on to allow him to just have a piece of graph paper and draw directly on it.

I told him I didn't think so, his best option was to draw the maps on paper, scan them in and the I';; teach him how to use the masking tools but I thought I would ask. He is convinced he can do this on Roll20. We haven't used Roll 20 in 5 years or more but I don't recall that being an option.

Well he can just upload a graph paper texture to the campaign as an image and then put a grid on it. I've also done a squared version of oldchool grids and use it for encounters quite often. I'll post both the results.

As for drawing I just use the drawing tool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You sit here, in these vast halls, with a crown upon your head... And yet you are lesser now than you have ever been." - Dwalin Fundinson

Ultimate License holder, translation enthusiast and programmer in the making!

Blog Entries
    As Jena says, you just need an background image and then put an FG grid (say 50 pixels) over it. Then draw on top of it with the drawing tools. The drawing tools are rudimentary in FGC.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Depending on how much area you need, you can use the grid on the party tracker.

Thanks to all and especially this method never thought of this.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Try this method

I created a simple white 1280x1024 graphic that I can draw any size grid I want onto. So if I need a landscape or small room it works for both. It took me awhile to get used to the drawing tools but it has worked well when I need a quickie random map.

whiteboard.jpg

That's great, but might I suggest another colour? White does hurt the eyes overtime...
    "You sit here, in these vast halls, with a crown upon your head... And yet you are lesser now than you have ever been." - Dwalin Fundinson

Ultimate License holder, translation enthusiast and programmer in the making!

Thread Information