5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvedui View Post
    Unfortunately, i hate subscription models. I own alot of the syrianscape content, but I don't want to subsribe to it. I assume the online player is only through subscription?
    The online player can be used with content you already own. But, a subscription is required to allow players to connect to your audio. So you can use the online player in the same way you use the Fantasy or Sci-Fi players. You will need to use some other method to get audio to your players such as voicemeeter, discord, etc.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thanks. I think i will dump syrianscape ultimately. It is absurd that they would charge for a subscription when i own so much content. I find voicemeter and discord not a great way to get the audio to players. I am looking for a natural option without links and not so complicated as voicemeter which i don't think i ever had working properly despite following the directions i found.

Discord have some really great bots for playing sound. My personal favorite is Rythm bot. I can ask it to play youtube clips and spotify clips. This may not be a complete solution, but does help in my personal group's games.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Discord have some really great bots for playing sound. My personal favorite is Rythm bot. I can ask it to play youtube clips and spotify clips. This may not be a complete solution, but does help in my personal group's games.
    Bots are great for ambient background audio on discord I've found. The sound quality on most is reasonable ... you just need to setup the mechanics to trigger them that works for you.

Personally, I'm impatiently waiting for direct audio support in FGU
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Direct Audio support within Unity? Is that a rumor I can spread around like a virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Direct Audio support within Unity? Is that a rumor I can spread around like a virus?
    It wont be in at release but it's something they have said they want to add down the road.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So am I right in understanding that if I subscribe to Syrinscape and it's Online Player, i won't need other FG extensions such as Audio Overseer, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    So am I right in understanding that if I subscribe to Syrinscape and it's Online Player, i won't need other FG extensions such as Audio Overseer, etc?
    The FG extensions only provide the convenience of triggering the sounds in Syrinscape directly from FG.

Using Syrinscape Online, you can use their Master Interface to trigger the sounds manually without anything in FG. Or if you use the Fantasy/Sci-Fi player you can trigger the sounds directly in the app.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information