DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Syrinscape > is there an alternative or its best for FGU?

Greetings,

I really want sounds/music in my games. After reading the FGU wikii and reading several old posts, I now see that everyone uses Syrinscape.

I am holding out for Unity before I make a final decision but is Syrinscape worth getting if you want to add sounds/music to your game?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Greetings,

I really want sounds/music in my games. After reading the FGU wikii and reading several old posts, I now see that everyone uses Syrinscape.

I am holding out for Unity before I make a final decision but is Syrinscape worth getting if you want to add sounds/music to your game?
    For now I think it's probably the most elegant solution.

If/when they add support for sounds within FGU, that will change I image.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Since you'll have to use the DOE Sound extension to get sound at all I believe that you can point to any url to play a sound. It probably depends on what kind of sounds you need or want, and when you wan to play them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

It's the best option. There are tons of great sounds. I absolutely despise the 'organization', but you can avoid it by getting the Fantasy Grounds Sounds mod for a few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    It's the best option. There are tons of great sounds. I absolutely despise the 'organization', but you can avoid it by getting the Fantasy Grounds Sounds mod for a few dollars.
    That's one of my biggest gripes about it. The search is almost useless.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Depends on your use of sound: effects, ambience, music...
    Low maintenance and less can be more sometimes

Try tabletop audio and YouTube as well

If you’re looking for good background music to play, there’s a few things on YouTube and also look out for computer games with good background music MP3 files included as an extra. gog.com has the D&D games relatively cheaply (and they’re frequently on sale) - the "Goodies" section will list if there are soundtrack files included. Temple of Elemental Evil, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc. are the ones to look at.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale
    There’s a fun trip on the Way Back Machine. I haven’t said those names for awhile!

Come to think of it, I still have Neverwinter Nights on CD-ROM... maybe I could reinstall and access those sound files...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you’re looking for good background music to play, there’s a few things on YouTube and also look out for computer games with good background music MP3 files included as an extra. gog.com has the D&D games relatively cheaply (and they’re frequently on sale) - the "Goodies" section will list if there are soundtrack files included. Temple of Elemental Evil, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc. are the ones to look at.
    I went a little crazy over the holidays getting all of the sound tracks for these types of games. The upside is they were dirt cheap on GOG.

I can't recommend GOG enough. If you want to get these games and sound tracks (included with games) it's the best place IMO.
    ---

For a free synchronized ambient sound and music streaming service I'd suggest:

https://www.mycircle.tv/

Your players can connect to your room without even setting up an account, and you can stream from thousands of music tracks and ambient sound recordings directly from youtube, vimeo and soundcloud, to everyone around the "gaming table".

You all keep a browser open on the page in the background, and you can search and select tracks on the fly during your game. Everyone have their individual volume controller but you can easily set it up so only you the DM/GM (room owner) can control the playing or stopping of the audio stream.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 22nd, 2020 at 20:16.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Thread Information