Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for responding. Yes, I have two Fantasy Grounds listed on the inbound rules of the firewall and they are both enabled. Very strange. Thanks again for your help. One last thing, but I don't think it has anything to do with the connection. I have something called Open Shell which skins Windows 10 to look like Windows 7. But it's only a skin and doesn't mess with the inner workings of Windows 10. Just thought I'd mention it.
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

The link to the installer is:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.exe

If that's not working, then some sort of security software is blocking downloads or quarantining the file after download.

Regards,
    JPG

If you are using XFinity then you likely won't be able to port forward unless you use the gateway as a bridge to a router that you purchase yourself.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you are using XFinity then you likely won't be able to port forward unless you use the gateway as a bridge to a router that you purchase yourself.
    Not sure about this. Do you have a source for this info?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Not sure about this. Do you have a source for this info?
    I'm repeating what someone has said in Discord. He had considerable difficulty in using the XFinity Gateway and got nowhere with their customer support; he ended up buying his own router and using the Gateway as a bridge. Several others agreed with the solution and had done something similar. Having said that I have been able to get some people connected with XFinity by phoning their customer support and asking for port 1802 to be opened. It seems to be variable as to who you manage to get to speak to at their end.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The Xfinity gateways have ISP level security which can be controlled via a web page at the ISP level. Details here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...anced-security

This includes blocking inbound connections and other ISP level security. Port forwarding can also be setup using the web page - all details in the link.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 21st, 2020 at 22:31.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the link. A lot of people seem to have issues with Xfinity so that’s a useful place to direct them to.

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Use the link Trenloe posted
    Change your TCP port forward to your computers new LAN IP

Why do people uninstall....?
    Is this the computer's external address or internal address? Someone told me above it's internal. And people uninstall because we're not all Yoda's of computing like you guys are and we get really frustrated trying to figure this stuff out!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the info. I was using the same modem before with Windows 7 playing Fantasy Grounds. It was when I switched to Windows 10 that all these connections problems started happening

Thread Information