FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Had the same issue, just got it resolved...here is what ultimately fixed the issue...I think...lol. I went into my firewall settings and modified my TCP and UDP rule for fantasygrounds. I selected to have a specific program (Fantasygrounds) to be allowed access to the rule instead of the default any program that meets the criteria. Then I opened Classic to see if I could get a success and windows prompted me to allow it which I did and voila it worked. Logged into Unity and low and behold...It connects as well! Hope this helps.
    When the GM smiles, it's too late!

ULTIMATE LICENSE GM

Hey Guys I am running Unity and I cannot get my players to connect, when they actually do the entire game freezes and I have to force restart Fantasy Grounds. Anyone else had this issue? It seems to just loop on them when they try to connect to me. I am on a Mac by the way.

Can you try running /flushdb to remove any records you've previously shared with them, before starting the next session?

Also, how big are the image and token files in the FGU data folder images/tokens directory as well as the campaign images/portraits/tokens directory? (both number of files and total size)

Also, what version of Mac OS are you running? And what model and year of Mac?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you try running /flushdb to remove any records you've previously shared with them, before starting the next session?

Also, how big are the image and token files in the FGU data folder images/tokens directory as well as the campaign images/portraits/tokens directory? (both number of files and total size)

Also, what version of Mac OS are you running? And what model and year of Mac?

Regards,
    JPG
    Yes I ran /flushdb
    I am using only files purchased from fantasy grounds, nothing custom. Images is zero kb, tokens also zero kb, portraits 15 kb. total 15kb. I am running your Out of the Abyss campaign long with the D&D Essentials bundle.
    I am on version 10.15.4 of macOS Catalina, I am on the 2018 Macbook Pro 15 inch. 2.2 GHz 6 core intel i7 with 16GB of RAM. Ive been monitoring my resources and they are not maxing out while connecting.

Thank you,

Have the same issue with LAN-mode- put the IP adress from my laptop to portforwarding 1802 and the test on old fantasygrounds is green. All my players can connect to old fantasy grounds. But if I host a campaign with unity, my players canīt connect.
    Same laptop with test green in old fantasy grounds- same external ip adress. I can join another game (LAN-mode) in unity or old fantasygrounds- have no problem with that.

With global server I have no connect problems to host a campaign (I use ultimate licence) and my players can connect, but sometimes they have a timeout, were one player canīt see anything- he can roll dice and all others can see the dice after a delay but he himself canīt see the dice and other actions.
    I have to kick him and after he join again, it will take a time before the timeout occurs- its not a disconnect- I canīt see him disconnecting. Its a internal timeout for him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    Have the same issue with LAN-mode- put the IP adress from my laptop to portforwarding 1802 and the test on old fantasygrounds is green. All my players can connect to old fantasy grounds. But if I host a campaign with unity, my players canīt connect.
    Same laptop with test green in old fantasy grounds- same external ip adress. I can join another game (LAN-mode) in unity or old fantasygrounds- have no problem with that.

With global server I have no connect problems to host a campaign (I use ultimate licence) and my players can connect, but sometimes they have a timeout, were one player canīt see anything- he can roll dice and all others can see the dice after a delay but he himself canīt see the dice and other actions.
    I have to kick him and after he join again, it will take a time before the timeout occurs- its not a disconnect- I canīt see him disconnecting. Its a internal timeout for him.
    When you port forwarded, what protocol did you select? FGC required TCP, while FGU requires UDP. If your router permits it, set it to Both or create two rules.

If you are still having problem, please see post 1 and include the request log files.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information