5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

CoreRPG Extension to add Item columns

Hey all,

I've been trying and failing to write a simple extension for CoreRPG to add a few labeled columns to Items - things like Damage & Damage Type values. I'm not trying to add any detailed scripting or functionality, just some places to keep the data organized for my players.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any nice, simple examples of this for CoreRPG. I found a version for D&D 3.5/Pathfinder, but when I try to modify it my total lack of skill shines through and I end up just throwing a bunch of script errors.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an existing extension of this type that I could modify & copy from? I'd really appreciate it.

Like this one?

Attachment 31246
    If it is the GURPS set of rules it is a good guide to do what you want, so much that I did for Numenera.

Take a look at the following GURPS rule set files:

campaign \ template_campaign.xml
    scripts \ data_library_GURPS4e.lua
    and also
    strings \ strings_GURPS4e.xml

Yeah. That's a much more complex version of what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, a bit too complex for me to casually parse or convert for my purposes.

Thanks for your time, though.

technocrat13 Could you describe to me what you have in mind?If, I understand I can try to help you.

Well, what I'm trying to do is so simple, I'm embarrassed that I can't figure it out on my own. I've watched through a few tutorials, but... I don't know. It's just not sinking in, I guess. And, honestly, I'm getting pretty close to figuring it out. But I'm missing some important base knowledge, I think.

fgItems.png

On the left hand side of the screenshot, you can see the Items window, an item I made called "Blaster" and a new item window. I have managed to add in the three columns "Type", "Damage", and "Damage Type". Which is pretty much all I wanted to do. Mission accomplished... mostly.

But the information in the boxes stays editable even when the sheet is locked. I'm assuming that there's something, like a locking script or something, that I need to modify to change that, but I haven't figured it out yet. I mean, it works and I'm getting what I want, but it all seems so sloppy.

For bonus points, I'd like to figure out how to add the ability to sort Items by Type like I already can with Vehicles. I'm still totally in the dark about that, though.

Ah got it, you want to create new fields for the items and not make a table like I did ...

Ah got it, you want to create new fields for the items and not make a table like I did ...
    The files you need to change are record_item, item_main and manager_item2.lua
    The idea is to do the following if you add something you need to add to these files, and to appear the text add it to the strings file ... if you remove something you have to remove it from all these files, when you do that you will notice that the fields you added will be locked when locking the item.

Excellent! Thank you, Yako. That's exactly the clue I needed to figure it out. Much appreciated.

Thread Information