DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Targeting Arrows no longer showing for players - Mass targeting not working.

Hey everyone.

I noticed today when I was testing a map that on the player view I no longer see the arrows to the token being targeting. The single monster and PC tokens are in the combat tracker, everyone has rolled initiative, and Ctrl + LClick targets monster correctly (verified in the tracker). From the GM view I can see the target line with the distance etc but the player sees nothing.

Also "target mode" doesn't seem to be working for players either but does work as GM. They can use the "target enemy units" button and "clear targets" button without issue.

To verify this wasn't a module or extension I started a brand new test campaign, loaded in the core rules, two tokens, and tested again with the same result.

Player:
    PlayerView.png

GM:
    GMView.png

Hopefully I'm missing something or this is quickly fixed.

Thanks in advance!

Try turning "Party vision and movement" ON.

It's located in Option / Token (GM). Its OFF by default and it messes up all kinds of functionality. Not sure if it will fix your problem but it fixed a lot of issues I was experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Try turning "Party vision and movement" ON.

It's located in Option / Token (GM). Its OFF by default and it messes up all kinds of functionality. Not sure if it will fix your problem but it fixed a lot of issues I was experiencing.
    Thanks for this your suggestion solved the biggest part of the problem! It fixed the arrow issue however the target mode is still not working in player mode. Having to click each token isn't a deal breaker for usability right now but it's sure sub-optimal compared to the target mode.

Anyone found a fix for this behavior?

I could be misunderstanding since I never have cause to use those buttons but I'm not seeing an issue. With party vision on or off clicking on the target enemy units targets all enemies along with range arrows for me.

I'm assuming you mean the button indicated below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I could be misunderstanding since I never have cause to use those buttons but I'm not seeing an issue. With party vision on or off clicking on the target enemy units targets all enemies along with range arrows for me.

I'm assuming you mean the button indicated below.
    Forgive me I think I wasn't specific enough. That button does in fact work, its the click and drag target mode on the left of that menu that does not. Here's a gif for ease of explanation.
    TargetModeBug.gif

I see. I can't get that to work for the DM either actually. It appears to function (on the DM side) in that after you draw the box round the targets you get the range arrows to the targets but the targets don't appear on the CT as targetted.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I see. I can't get that to work for the DM either actually. It appears to function (on the DM side) in that after you draw the box round the targets you get the range arrows to the targets but the targets don't appear on the CT as targetted.
    Interesting, I see the correct GM behavior for that on my end. I did set party movement and vision to on if that makes a difference in your testing.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDrew View Post
    Interesting, I see the correct GM behavior for that on my end. I did set party movement and vision to on if that makes a difference in your testing.
    I'm not seeing any difference with the option on or off - as far as Target Mode is concerned. Either way I get the distance arrow when I mouse over the beastie but nothing shows up on the CT. Same happens if I select a PC as the DM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information