FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 72 of 282 First ... 2262707172737482122172 ... Last

That's because all your option categories are minimized. Press the individual headers!

EDIT: Although the last category is missing. I just updated to check if there were issues. I found none.
    Last edited by viresanimi; August 24th, 2020 at 03:48.

to confirm, the update that allows the additional options is found in the genesys.pak file and that file gets put into the ruleset file folder.
    I have not updated any of the .mods in a while, could that be the issue?
    I am trying to reload an existing campaign not starting a fresh one, could that be the issue?

Sorry to be a hassle :/

Edit: Fixed it! The problem seemed to be the fact that I had the Genesys: Android (Setting) button clicked on my Campaign details. Starting the campaign with that button unclicked allowed the additional house rule setting to appear. Loading it up with the button clicked after it had already loaded with the new options caused the options to disappear.
    Last edited by Xarax; August 24th, 2020 at 04:43. Reason: found the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    to confirm, the update that allows the additional options is found in the genesys.pak file and that file gets put into the ruleset file folder.
    I have not updated any of the .mods in a while, could that be the issue?
    I am trying to reload an existing campaign not starting a fresh one, could that be the issue?

Sorry to be a hassle :/

Edit: Fixed it! The problem seemed to be the fact that I had the Genesys: Android (Setting) button clicked on my Campaign details. Starting the campaign with that button unclicked allowed the additional house rule setting to appear. Loading it up with the button clicked after it had already loaded with the new options caused the options to disappear.

Ahh good to know

I was double checking the extensions, they should work with those options but if you still have any problems let me know
    Last edited by johniba; August 24th, 2020 at 14:56.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Ahh good to know

I was double checking the extensions, they should work with those options but if you still have any problems let me know
    I think the extensions for the Shadow of the Beanstalk had the vehicle options loaded automatically. The gear option is a nice!

So curiosity is getting the better of my Johniba. With Vehicles done, what are you working on now? As far as I can see you have taken this thing from a dream to a functional framework that can be used to run anything genesys runs.

So curiosity is getting the better of my Johniba. With Vehicles done, what are you working on now? As far as I can see you have taken this thing from a dream to a functional framework that can be used to run anything genesys runs.
    Oh, so right now, i am adding vehicles to pcs and npc sheets.
    In this first pass, I will make it so a character/npc can have several vehicles, and activate one of them as their current.
    Then i will make that vehicle show up in the combat tracker very similar to how you see Effects under chars there.

Then, after that works, i will add a feature allowing players to make their vehicle public, allowing multicrew

After that, i will work on the "background" tab for characters.
    This will be where we have Motivations and others specific to some settings.

I am going to work on a way that it is universal: similar to how i did actions, i will make it so you can create almost anything, for example adding Favors and Factions (android), Organizations (Crucible) or anything really.

This will also be useful when we make the star wars ruleset...

I also want to eventually remove the combat tab, and add weapons (and vehicle weapons) to the actions tab....

Then I will work on creating settings.
    Initially it will be a simple record where you describe the setting, and a tab listing all skills.
    So instead of using extensions to activate a setting, you can simply either create a setting while FG is open, or activate one or more, by opening modules.
    So also imagine, a player while creating their char will be able to select one of the available settings, this will populate their character with the setting skills, and as a bonus, if a GM wants to mix and match characters from different settings (again useful for star wars) they even can!

After that... altough i have more stuff i want to do in the ruleset, i will prepare the first version of the star wars ruleset.
    Last edited by johniba; August 24th, 2020 at 22:27.

Feature Idea

I had an idea for things like duty and obligation. 1stly I think those are great systems for any setting not just star wars. You could add those to the optional rules and just have them appear automatically in the star wars extension.

Next I was thinking of having an obligation/duty/morality chart in the party sheet section. It would get the values from each player you link into the chart. You could add a dice roller to roll for the various types.

Later you might even make a condition that lowers the Strain Threshold and increases Wound Threshold, for those sessions obligation or Duty is triggered. So that when the condition is removed the stats go back to what they were before the effect took place.

PS: I am still working on the vehicles. I had a busy weekend, so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked.

Edit: Also One more category to add Vehicle Weapon, the location of the weapon. I have seen several of this in Genesys one being the World War II-Era Destroyer. They are also in Star Wars. For instance Star Destroyers. A good location for it to appear in the entry is just before the firing arc.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 25th, 2020 at 23:53.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I had an idea for things like duty and obligation. 1stly I think those are great systems for any setting not just star wars. You could add those to the optional rules and just have them appear automatically in the star wars extension.

Next I was thinking of having an obligation/duty/morality chart in the party sheet section. It would get the values from each player you link into the chart. You could add a dice roller to roll for the various types.

Later you might even make a condition that lowers the Strain Threshold and increases Wound Threshold, for those sessions obligation or Duty is triggered. So that when the condition is removed the stats go back to what they were before the effect took place..
    This please!

This please!
    You guys are gonna love how i am doing it hehe.
    The way i am coding, you can have duty, obigations etca in genesys, and even create new systems, without any extensions

Also, i am making a note of these suggestions, we definitelly need these
    Last edited by johniba; August 25th, 2020 at 23:56.

Thread Information