STAR TREK 2d20
Page 68 of 281 First ... 1858666768697078118168 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    So I would like your opinion on this

I am working on the vehicle sheet.
    The way vehicles will work will be like this:

Characters will have a tab in their inventory, where they can have multiple vehicles
    They can choose their "current" vehicle, which will then be activated, in a separate tab in the character sheet.

This way we can have a character have several ships, and i will also implement a way for a ship to be shared among players, so people can have multicrew

But... for npcs I am thinking of limiting one ship for each npc. Do you think this is a good idea? Should we also have multiple ships per npc?
    I know most npcs will not have any, some will have one ship possibly.
    It is just a matter of which one you prefer...

Also, have a look at the vehicle record (for the vehicles database) this is still missing weapons, attachments, but it is almost done

Attachment 38644
    I agree there is a definite reason for PCs to have multiple ships but for NPCs...I can't think of reason to have multiple vehicles. If it turns out it is needed through play testing you can always change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    As a DM I might be hard pressed to come up with a reason an NPC might need multiple ships. That said I have run games where an opponent group might have needed to share the same ship, same as your plans for the PCs.

The sheet itself looks great. Maybe I am remembering my star Wars days but it doesn't appear that Genesys core has any use for defense facings. No big deal for the Genesys Core but will probably require some work for the Star Wars mod.
    Thats a good reason, i will see that i can code it then.

Dont worry about the defense facings, i will add them to star wars

Feature Idea

Have an idea for a feature. You could automatically total the PC party exp and show it in the party sheet, along with the party CR. You could have FG count how many PCs there are in the party sheet so it knows what CR to display. This would be based off the table on page 85 in the expaned players guide..

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Have an idea for a feature. You could automatically total the PC party exp and show it in the party sheet, along with the party CR. You could have FG count how many PCs there are in the party sheet so it knows what CR to display. This would be based off the table on page 85 in the expaned players guide..
    This is a great idea!
    After I have finished background stuff (motivations etca) and vehicles, one of the things i wanna do is make it so the ruleset properly accounts for exp, so we have a proper character creation system indepedently of external sources.

I will then implement also your idea.

Sevrick

I have just uploaded a new version of the ruleset.
    I have added the Vehicles database and modified the Item (weapon) database

The idea is so you can have a look at how vehicles record is, and if you think it looks ok, let me know... and you can then start inserting vehicles into your modules.

Here are some notes (please open the attachment for an example)
    vehicles.PNG

- Items database: special types are Gear, Armor, Weapon, and now also Vehicle Weapon

When you create an item type "Vehicle Weapon", notice a new field "Fire Arc" (check example: Chin-mounted railgun)
    When adding weapons to Vehicles, it accepts both item type "Weapon" and "Vehicle Weapon"

- Attachments database: equipment type can now be Vehicle
    These are the only accepted attachments for vehicles.

- The vehicles record has a listing for weapons and attachments.
    I know that both lists do not have a header right now, but i will improve later.
    Also do not worry about not having buttons to roll skills, as the vehicle database is only for the database itself.
    The character sheet and npc sheets will have ways to use a vehicle weapon...
    Also, for now no inventory on vehicles, i will implement soon.

EDIT: oh one more thing:
    When you are about to upload a new version of your module, please check if they are not being listed twice.
    What i mean is, when i was checking the google drive folder, i noticed two "expanded players guide"... no idea why, maybe it is the way drive check versions.
    What you can do is remove the current files from there, before uploading...
    Last edited by johniba; August 20th, 2020 at 05:07.

Sevrick

I have just uploaded a new version of the ruleset.
    I have added the Vehicles database and modified the Item (weapon) database

The idea is so you can have a look at how vehicles record is, and if you think it looks ok, let me know... and you can then start inserting vehicles into your modules.

Here are some notes (please open the attachment for an example)
    vehicles.PNG

- Items database: special types are Gear, Armor, Weapon, and now also Vehicle Weapon

When you create an item type "Vehicle Weapon", notice a new field "Fire Arc" (check example: Chin-mounted railgun)
    When adding weapons to Vehicles, it accepts both item type "Weapon" and "Vehicle Weapon"

- Attachments database: equipment type can now be Vehicle
    These are the only accepted attachments for vehicles.

- The vehicles record has a listing for weapons and attachments.
    I know that both lists do not have a header right now, but i will improve later.
    Also do not worry about not having buttons to roll skills, as the vehicle database is only for the database itself.
    The character sheet and npc sheets will have ways to use a vehicle weapon...
    Also, for now no inventory on vehicles, i will implement soon.

EDIT: oh one more thing:
    When you are about to upload a new version of your module, please check if they are not being listed twice.
    What i mean is, when i was checking the google drive folder, i noticed two "expanded players guide"... no idea why, maybe it is the way drive check versions.
    What you can do is remove the current files from there, before uploading...
    Looks good. Some things I noticed

• Weapons missing the number of weapons. For example vehicles that say something like "15 starboard pounder cannons". You could add it to the far left column. It doesn't have to be part of the weapon stats its self but show up as number box along side the weapon, if that makes sense.
    • The firing arc column doesn't expand to fit content.

Also I take it you know you still have to add a way to give these vehicles to NPCs and PCs.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 20th, 2020 at 13:23.

Looks good. Some things I noticed

• Weapons missing the number of weapons. For example vehicles that say something like "15 starboard pounder cannons". You could add it to the far left column. It doesn't have to be part of the weapon stats its self but show up as number box along side the weapon, if that makes sense.
    • The firing arc column doesn't expand to fit content.

Also I take it you know you still have to add a way to give these vehicles to NPCs and PCs.
    I have uploaded a new version, with Number of weapons field on.
    I will still fix the layout later, but i think it is good to use for now, at least for entering vehicles

I will indeed work on adding vehicles to pcs and npcs soon, it is not in the ruleset yet.

Somthing I noticed while entering the vehicles passenger capacity sometimes has a side note to it's entry. For example the Four-Door Automobile on page 231 of geneys core says the passenger capacity is "3 (5 Uncomfortably)". You might increase the entry window width to accommodate extra details.

Somthing I noticed while entering the vehicles passenger capacity sometimes has a side note to it's entry. For example the Four-Door Automobile on page 231 of geneys core says the passenger capacity is "3 (5 Uncomfortably)". You might increase the entry window width to accommodate extra details.
    ok, hold on the creation of vehicles then

I will make that a text field then

EDIT: OK, I have changed that field to TEXT now.

Problem is... if you created any vehicles already, you either need to delete them, or go to your xml and remove the passenger capacity field from those records, so when you go back in, you can type them again

Sorry

You can download the new ruleset file
    Last edited by johniba; August 21st, 2020 at 00:14.

ok, hold on the creation of vehicles then

I will make that a text field then

EDIT: OK, I have changed that field to TEXT now.

Problem is... if you created any vehicles already, you either need to delete them, or go to your xml and remove the passenger capacity field from those records, so when you go back in, you can type them again

Sorry

You can download the new ruleset file
    Thanks there were only 2 records I need to change so far, so all good.

EDIT: Another thing I noticed is that speed could be changed to Max Speed. Not really important right now but it might get mixed up with current speed.
    Last edited by sevrick; August 21st, 2020 at 00:39.

Thread Information