DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 281 First ... 456781656106 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    [email protected]

They also have some setting extensions to go along with it as well not sure if it would be of any use.

Thanks, i emailed them

Hey Sevrick this got me thinking that maybe I should do Terrinoth / Android as extensions.... what do you think?
    Initially they will only restrict what skills you have access to, but later i could create specific Desktop themes for them.

So instead of working on a code to have it in options, you choose the extension for the setting you want....

If you did it that way would it be just as easy for others to add their own setting? It is how the others did it but I don't know if it is better that way or they did it simply because of the limitations of it not being from CoreRPG.

If you did it that way would it be just as easy for others to add their own setting? It is how the others did it but I don't know if it is better that way or they did it simply because of the limitations of it not being from CoreRPG.
    I think there are a lot of ways to do this, the one where I said I could add options and you choose the setting was inspired by the way Star Wars does it, but others usually just use an extension to overwrite stuff, usually graphics, or small stuff like tables.

If I go with my first idea, with the options, it might be more difficult for other people to create their extensions/settings (yeah the more i think, the less i like this approach)

I have just created two extensions: Terrinoth and Android. I have uploaded it to the same google drive. You can test it.

So here is how it works.

For now, the only difference loading one of those extensions, is that the skill list will change. It will be only the skills for the setting mentioned.
    What the extension does is:

- Overwrites the skill list
    - Changes the destktop decal to use the graphics for the setting in the extension

I think this approach would be the easiest for other people to create their own configurations, and turn them into settings.
    In the future, i might add more stuff... for example, for Terrinoth I could add another tab in the character sheet, to list Heroic Ability.

ALSO: it is possible to populate the race/archetype, and career lists, but I will only do this after i am done with those databases
    If done properly here is my idea:

Imagine that the race table would have info like starting characteristic, xp and other stuff:
    We could make it so when the person drags that race into his sheet, that data is populated

But i am ahead of myself, i will first make this 100% functional, we can do this later

If you test those extensions you might notice something strange if you for example, create a character using an extension... close FG... and choose lets say another extension for a different setting.
    And when you open the character sheet, you will see some skills are editable now.

That is ok! It means you had lets say, created a character with a skill in a setting that does not exist in the other. It does not get deleted, but it allows the person to edit/delete
    This only happens in this situation though

Sounds good. I have already started on talent data entry, but I am still not sure what keyboard shortcuts or code to enter to get the Genesys Font symbols to show up. For now I will just put some abrveation such as [SU] for success, etc...Then go back and fill them in when it is setup.
    Last edited by sevrick; January 28th, 2020 at 04:33.

Sounds good. I have already started on talent data entry, but I am still not sure what keyboard shortcuts or code to enter to get the Genesys Font symbols to show up. For now I will just put some abrveation such as [SU] for success, etc...Then go back and fill them in when it is setup.
    Oh I see what you mean. Let me find out how to do that, those symbols are not linked yet to the ruleset, i will see how it is done

I'm using FG v3.3.9 and the Genesys.pak as of 2020-01-28 06:23am, I tried to roll a /die 1d100, the dice show up properly, however the total doesn't show up, and only shows a 0 0. Using /die 2d10 could work using the left number as the 10's and the right number as the 1's. Not a big deal I believe.

I did notice somethings when entering talents. It would be more aesthetically pleasing and faster if the order you entered the information is the order they use in the books. Just in case you were going to tweak things a bit.

Of course all of these things I mention to you is for when you get around to it.
    Last edited by sevrick; January 29th, 2020 at 12:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatorian3 View Post
    I'm using FG v3.3.9 and the Genesys.pak as of 2020-01-28 06:23am, I tried to roll a /die 1d100, the dice show up properly, however the total doesn't show up, and only shows a 0 0. Using /die 2d10 could work using the left number as the 10's and the right number as the 1's. Not a big deal I believe.
    Hi,

I will check that. it could be because i removed those dice from the ruleset. I will bring them back if that is the issue affecting the row

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I will check that. it could be because i removed those dice from the ruleset. I will bring them back if that is the issue affecting the row
    With the Star Wars: EotE ruleset there was a discussion about removing all dice (except the d10 as that seemed to be the only once needed). However, I decided to leave the dice in (but move them off to the side of the desktop) as there is sometimes the need for all the other dice in a RPG - to roll randomly on tables the GM may have created, to roll a d8 to get a random cardinal direction, to randomly target 1 fo 4 people, etc.. I felt it was best to leave them in so that GMs and players can use them if they like, rather than completely remove them.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Much obliged tons for attempting to get a CoreRPG form ready for action, that ought to ideally be more future-confirmation than the more seasoned non-center rendition. I'll rest somewhat better for the fate of my Star Wars battle once there's a center ruleset working in Unity.

Thread Information