DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 52 of 282 First ... 242505152535462102152 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Ran in to a couple of interesting bugs. FGC on live:

Despite having formatting on NPC / Charactersheet in the notes tab/section (CTRL+1 to 6), you cannot drag and drop a link to an image (or any link I suppose). (forgot to get the error message. Amateurish of me). Likewise, if you're on the notes tab in on NPC's you cannot edit the text in the top of the sheet (names etc). On charactersheets that only happens to the last line of the of the same box. (I hope that makes sense). Player confirms that this issue only exists in the notes tab.
    I have found the issue, but I wanted to get some input from you before i do the change:

- The issue is mainly because the two notes fields are simple text in the character/npc sheets, and i need to change them to "formatted text", which allows formatting and linking images etca
    - I was thinking of removing the separation of "Motivations" and "Notes", and maybe just keep one big notes field. People could still input their motivations, and any other background info, and other notes, but formatting with headers etca, and they customize as they want. What do you think? Should i do this, or do you like the two separate notes?

- On the matter of changing the field, existing records will cause an error message when opening the sheet. To fix that I have to decide if I create a script when loading the campaign, to convert existing records created by the current ruleset version you guys have, or ignore and start from scratch.

So, if we go with the option of having one big field instead of two notes fields, will it be a big problem to lose current notes? I can write the script if that is the case....

NEW RELEASE

Attention! - In this release I am testing a change in the character Note's tab.
    I have changed it to allow formatted text and dragging images etca, but the old fields are not acessible.
    If you really need to access the old notes you input into your char, let me know and I will create a way to reimport.
    If you dont mind though, please rewrite your notes from scratch in your current chars. I apologize for this trouble.

Release Notes - July 25 2020

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed issue with not being able to drag images and other links into the character notes
    - Fixed issues in character and npc notes tab, where the top fields (like name) were not editable
    - Combat Tab: fixed alignment of items header, added Properties back to each weapon on the list
    - FGU: Fixed issues with adding talents and other abilities to character and npc sheets
    - Error message when clicking link icon on Skill list: this is not really an error, but lacking a feature which I have added now: Create a record for the skills in the database, and the link will work.

Improvements and new features:

- New tab in character and npcs: "Actions"
    This is just the first version and does not have a lot of features but it will improve with time.
    The Actions tab is a very flexible part of the character sheet, allowing players and npcs to have custom spells, powers and other skill checks

My idea is to create a "future proof" character sheet. This tab will allow adding any powers specific to current and future settings, for example Spells (for magic enabled settings), Aether (legends of the crucible) and even Star Wars specific powers (for now, since i did not create a new SW ruleset yet)

For now you can create new Powers, and add Actions. Later I will add more fields to powers, allowing the addition of Effects, Combat Damage rolls, Extra fields to keep track of experience points, etca.

Quick Tutorial on how to use the tab:

1) Go to your character or npc sheet, and open the "Actions" tab
    2) For now it will be empty. At the bottom of the sheet, click the red "Edit List" button
    3) Click the blue "Add Power" button

4) You will notice a new record.
    4a) Give this power a name, for example "Fireball"
    4b) On the other field you need to give this power a group, for example, type "Spells"
    4c) Right Click this new power record, and on the radial menu, select "Add Action", and then "Add skill roll"
    4d) This will add a line to the power, were you will input a skill roll
    4e) On the first field, type the exact name of the skill you want to roll, for example "Arcane"
    4f) Optionally, on the next field add a default difficulty. (this will be used in your roll to automatically add Difficulty dice to the roll)
    4g) On the next field, change for the Range this skill will be used

5) Repeat the process above to create new powers. If any power you create are in a different group, groups will automatically be created and powers sorted under them
    6) When you are finished, click again the red button at the bottom of the sheet, to leave edit mode
    7) You will notice at the bottom left a button "Display: Group"
    7a) You can change this to:
    - Summary: this will hide each power's "Group" field and show a "Summary" field, which you can use to add descriptions to each power
    - You can also change to "Actions". This will hide the "Groups" and "Summary" fields and just show the power and the roll skill icon

Notice also each power has an icon to the right (a small spyglass). You can use this to expand/collapse each power.
    For now, each power can at the most have one line, the Action line, but in the future we will be able to customize powers further

- Genesys Dice and Dice Symbols added to formatted fields
    This is an old item I was working on.
    I am slowly adding back this feature, for now we have it available in the Notes fields in character and npc sheets, and also in the "Summary" field in the powers sheet

While typing text into those fields, you can type some special text, and the ruleset will replace that with special icons representing genesys dice and dice symbols

Dice Symbols:
    (S) - Success
    (!) - Triumph
    (F) - Failure
    (T) - Threat
    (A) - Advantage
    (D) - Despair

Dice
    [A] - ability die
    [D] - difficulty die
    [P] - proficiency die
    [C] - challenge
    [B] - boost
    [S] - setback

For example, in the notes field, if you type this:

Add another [D] to your roll if target is hidden under cover
    Can only crit on (!)
    Closing the window and opening again, the ruleset will now display the special icons

Attention: for the character sheet it seems we have an issue, and only after the campaign is closed and opened again, will it update with icons.
    I will fix this later

The new version of the ruleset can be downloaded here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    So am I good to start working on adding the NPC Library?

-Some things of Note-

• Also while you are fixing the column placement issue you might think about adding a weapon qualities column, so you don't have to click into the weapon every time to look.
    • One other thing I was going to add page numbers for skill descriptions, but when I created a new skill I got this error:
      Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (referenceskill : skill.id-00001)
      Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/campaign_button_new.lua"]:28: attempt to index local 'w' (a nil value)
    • As far as some minor changes you could do something similar to what you did with weapons and have the ranked box for talents only show after answering yes to wheather it is ranked or not. You then could change 1 to the default rank since you can't have a ranked talent and have 0 ranks . Also it would be beneficial to show the ranks next to the name when looking at the list of talents.
    • Lastly a place for spells on NPCs and possibly PCs. I know you said you were thinking about adding a spells database. It would make sense to be able to drag and drop pre-made spells on to NPC's Character sheets.

I wanted to get these all out before I forget them. I know you have a lot of things to do already, I am sure. You probably had plans to do some of these things already, in which case just ignore me.
    Hey Sevrick i fixed a few things from the list above

You can now add npcs and skills to your files!
    For now, i did not create a spells or power database, since they will be specific usually to different npcs, so you will have to create them if you need specific spells.
    I will see if i can create a database later

I corrected the issue in the combat tab for now, i want to merge combat and the new actions tab later in the future

Please let me know what you think and your feedback, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hey Sevrick i fixed a few things from the list above

You can now add npcs and skills to your files!
    For now, i did not create a spells or power database, since they will be specific usually to different npcs, so you will have to create them if you need specific spells.
    I will see if i can create a database later

I corrected the issue in the combat tab for now, i want to merge combat and the new actions tab later in the future

Please let me know what you think and your feedback, thanks a lot!
    Awesome. I am on it. I do think the symbols need some work though they look the size is off. Also when bold they look completely different. I assume it isn't a representation of the final product?
    Also I noticed that bolded text shrinks and looks weird.
    Last edited by sevrick; July 25th, 2020 at 22:56.

Awesome. I am on it. I do think the symbols need some work though they look the size is off. Also when bold they look completely different. I assume it isn't a representation of the final product?
    Also I noticed that bolded text shrinks and looks weird.
    Ah yeah, it is because each style is a different font, i will have to improve my skill on font editing
    I will check that and try to make them clearer

Also I have been adding species/races in my own modules. What is your plan for the races section? You technically can do it all text, but you could add a description box at the top, have characteristic boxes, starting wound/strain thresholds, starting xp, starting skills. Those are pretty much things that all species have in common. The abilities seem to work as is. If you did decide to add those boxes, it would be laying the ground work for drag and drop race features.
    Just something to think about. As if you didn't have enough things to add.

Also I have been adding species/races in my own modules. What is your plan for the races section? You technically can do it all text, but you could add a description box at the top, have characteristic boxes, starting wound/strain thresholds, starting xp, starting skills. Those are pretty much things that all species have in common. The abilities seem to work as is. If you did decide to add those boxes, it would be laying the ground work for drag and drop race features.
    Just something to think about. As if you didn't have enough things to add.
    EXACTLY!

What i plan for species/races is something like this:

We will have the base characteristics, starting xp...
    I also want to add special abilities and other stuff there

I want it to work like dnd5... you select a species, it will add all that stuff to your character

ALSO...

I plan on creating a "settings" database
    Imagine you have records for each setting.. lets say, terrinoth
    In the setting we will have the list of skills.

so, when i create my chat, i will select the setting, and it will apply the skills to my char there

I want to add this to other parts of the ruleset later on

Believe it or not.. it is not all that difficult to do this!

I want to make it as soon as i finish vehicles

Just wanted let you know you are doing an awesome job and am looking forward to another release. I will release all the libraries at once when I am done with them.

Just wanted let you know you are doing an awesome job and am looking forward to another release. I will release all the libraries at once when I am done with them.
    Thanks a lot man....

And I really appreciate all your feedback, and your fantastic libraries

Not sure if you know or not but when creating a character in FGU, the character sheet is completely blank with no box or tabs except the name and a few other fields. I know Unity is secondary just thought I would mention it since it is a really big issue for Unity.

I also had an idea for the skill section. You could have a button that cycles the skills and the way they are arranged, like how you did for the Actions tab. For example maybe have a button that says "All" which shows all the skills in alphabetical order. "Grouped" Shows the skills separated into General, social, combat, and Knowledge. "Ranked/Group Skilled" Shows only skills that the npc has ranks or group skills as in the case of minions. Just some ideas I had floating around.

Edit: I also have been adding abilities to the actions tab and am seeing the possibilities. Like adding Skill vs Skill to the radial menu. I know it like dnd they have a target where it lets FG know where you are targeting your spell/ability. It could then get the ranks of the target and upgrade the current spell. It seems rather complicated though. As I am adding more and more NPCs I am noticing a lot of Skill vs Skill abilities in there stat block.
    Last edited by sevrick; July 26th, 2020 at 18:57.

Thread Information