DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 49 of 282 First ... 3947484950515999149 ... Last

I dunno if it is because I am in the test channel. But dice don't work. At all. Neither in a new campaign or an old one. Will try this new version and see if it helps.

Haven't had that much time to test the combat tracker in depth yet, but I can see what you're going for now. I think It is a much better way of doing things! One suggestion I got from a player was that there was (perhaps on entries on the combat tracker) and option to add Boost or Setback dice to next rolls. For myself I would prefer if the initiative options from the menu, was turned into buttons placed at the bottom of the combat tracker, so you didn't have to enter a menu to roll the initiatives. Just seems more efficient to me.

Keep up the excellent work!

Vires Animi

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_dice.lua"]:296: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)

Get this error when rolling dice from the dicebox

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (ranks) in windowclass (ref_talent_stats)
    Script Error: [string "ref_talent_stats"]:1: attempt to index global 'ranks' (a nil value)

And this one if I open talent links from a charactersheet

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Hmm, are you creating one npc for each minion? You are supposed to have each group of minions as one entity (check my screenshot as an example)

Attachment 37743

In the above example, this minion represents a group of 3 zombies together, each with 5 of wound threshold.

Now, your issue with the token, can you give me a step by step? I wil test it
    When I create a minion group I do all those things. What I am saying is there away for FG to check and see how many minions are in the group then when you drag the NPC on to the encounter it will add as many tokens that you have minions. That way placement on the map would make more sense. I mainly would want to do this so you could have an encounter all prepared and ready to go an not have to add the tokens after the fact.
    BTW I like the look of the new layout for NPCs. You probably know this but the stats for a weapons damage and the crit rating don't line up with the column they are in when you are looking at the combat tab.

Token instructions
    I just dragged 1 of the tokens from the encounter I made on to the board, just like you would if you were prepping a dnd encounter. Once it has been placed there is a check mark over the token. If you try it and you happened to be at the right size of the token with out doing anything, try adjusting the size after you placed it on the map and see if it keeps the same size or reverts back to the default size.
    Last edited by sevrick; July 16th, 2020 at 17:57.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    When I create a minion group I do all those things. What I am saying is there away for FG to check and see how many minions are in the group then when you drag the NPC on to the encounter it will add as many tokens that you have minions. That way placement on the map would make more sense. I mainly would want to do this so you could have an encounter all prepared and ready to go an not have to add the tokens after the fact.
    BTW I like the look of the new layout for NPCs. You probably know this but the stats for a weapons damage and the crit rating don't line up with the column they are in when you are looking at the combat tab.

Unfortunatelly as far as i know, there is no easy way to make what you ask.
    A minion is supposed to represent a group of npcs, and they act as one, they are not meant to be several separate tokens, and FG handles tokens as separate npcs

I promisse i will keep this in mind, maybe for the future? Altough what you ask, I feel like it could lead to confusion with players, as they will think they have different targets, but anyway, i will keep this open...

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Token instructions
    I just dragged 1 of the tokens from the encounter I made on to the board, just like you would if you were prepping a dnd encounter. Once it has been placed there is a check mark over the token. If you try it and you happened to be at the right size of the token with out doing anything, try adjusting the size after you placed it on the map and see if it keeps the same size or reverts back to the default size.
    Did you drag the encounter token from the encounter window, into the combat tracker or the map?

Tokens should go from npc or encounter to combat tracker..... and from the combat tracker to the map

If you already did that, i apologize, i will test this later
    I will try this later, i w
    Last edited by johniba; July 16th, 2020 at 18:49.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_dice.lua"]:296: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)

Get this error when rolling dice from the dicebox

Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (ranks) in windowclass (ref_talent_stats)
    Script Error: [string "ref_talent_stats"]:1: attempt to index global 'ranks' (a nil value)

And this one if I open talent links from a charactersheet
    I have fixed the issue and will upload a new version below.
    If the issue persists, it will mean that it was a talent added in the previous version.
    To fix: delete the talent from the pc/npc sheet, and add again...
    This should only happen with talents added prior to the version in my next topic

I dunno if it is because I am in the test channel. But dice don't work. At all. Neither in a new campaign or an old one. Will try this new version and see if it helps.

Haven't had that much time to test the combat tracker in depth yet, but I can see what you're going for now. I think It is a much better way of doing things! One suggestion I got from a player was that there was (perhaps on entries on the combat tracker) and option to add Boost or Setback dice to next rolls. For myself I would prefer if the initiative options from the menu, was turned into buttons placed at the bottom of the combat tracker, so you didn't have to enter a menu to roll the initiatives. Just seems more efficient to me.

Keep up the excellent work!

Vires Animi
    I tried the TEST version. I wouldnt advise you use it for playing though, as it is not a "production" version.
    But i did fix the error messages, so for now the ruleset is working in regular and test versions of FGU

I had to disable dragging dice for the time being, players need to double click dice to move them around.
    FGU is doing too many changes and breaking this all the time, i will reimplement dice dragging once FGU is more stable code.

NEW RELEASE

RELEASE NOTES:

- Fixes some issues of error messages related to dice rolling in FG Unity
    - Fixed issue with incorrect data type in Talent "ranks" field. (If you still have issues opening a talent on a pc or npc sheet, try removing it and readding it. It should fix and it only happens if you added the talent on a previous version of the ruleset)

- Temporarily disabled dice dragging:
    You have to double click dice to move them from the sheet to dicebox, and click the dicebox button to roll dice.
    When FG Unity gets stable enough with dice rolling code, I will re-enable dice dragging.

Ruleset download:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

EDIT:

So I didn't update the thread before posting. My bad. Now the issue is that I cannot drag and drop any of the dice. Which is really what I like to do. However no more errors are being reported and results are being displayed again.

And I nealy died of happiness when I saw the NPC sheets. Gotta stop making such awesome stuff man. That is dangerous to my health!!! *grins*

EDIT 2: I really need to read more. Didn't notice you'd already mentioned the dragging. Kinda bummed that that Unity thing is holding Classic back, but that is at least understandable.
    Last edited by viresanimi; July 16th, 2020 at 19:12.

So I got curious to see if the Test Channel was messing up the dice. Nope. I still get:

if I just take a die and toss it into the chat window. And no results are shown.

And I nealy died of happiness when I saw the NPC sheets. Gotta stop making such awesome stuff man. That is dangerous to my health!!! *grins*
    I didnt get that error...
    Make sure you dropped the new version of the ruleset in the following folder:

..\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\channels\Test

And not:

..\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets

Because you are using Test

Let me know if you still have the issue, because the only dice you should be able do drop on chat are "normal" dice

Oh and thanks so much, i think you will love what i have in mind for our sheets in the future
    Imagine something very slick... like the ones in dnd5

And... i already have plans to automate a few things, like adding effects from weapon properties, etca
    Last edited by johniba; July 16th, 2020 at 19:30.

Read my edited post.

I posted the original thing, without seeing the update. It works fine!

Thread Information