STAR TREK 2d20
Page 43 of 282 First ... 3341424344455393143 ... Last
    I am not trying to goad you into doing anything. I guess it makes sense. I dont play dnd anymore although I used to alot. If I had made a big project for something I used to like but dont anymore I couldn't see my self putting in that much effort on somthing I wouldn't use.
    For those of you waiting, I will try my hand at modifying this ruleset. No promises though. I have done coding but that was C#.
    Hopefully it doesnt come to that and we are just being impatient. Plz Johniba come back.
    Last edited by sevrick; June 3rd, 2020 at 01:17.

I certainly didn't mean it in any sort of negative way. It is a rule set made for Star Wars and sometimes it shows when I try to use it to run Genesys games. It is not terrible in the least, since it is perfectly adequate for running my game. Having to add extensions to it which do generally work gets a little cumbersome. I was helping my friend set it up so he could run his own game and it took me a while to remember which extensions I used and what they did. I had extensions that didn't seem to do anything and it is just nowhere near as smooth as a rules set designed for Genesys from the beginning. Someday I would love to give a character some new armor that will automatically apply the correct soak and defense, and the same with weapon attacks that can take into account temporary increases due to conditions or items without needing to directly manipulate the attack itself. That type of stuff. I hack stuff together all the time, so please don't take it as a term of disrespect.

Trenloe, I for one am grateful for the hard work you put into the previous ruleset. I am also thankful that johniba and sevrick have tackled this new Genesys ruleset for CoreRPG. I hope johniba hasn't abandoned the work on it, but it appears to be very close to completion so I am hoping someone can pick it up and finish it if he has. And also I hope someone will take the Genesys basis and create a Star Wars ruleset that will work with Unity. Unfortunately picking up the skills to code these rulesets isn't a task for everyone. If I had some time off from work I'd give it a second go (I spent weeks trying to figure out fonts etc before johniba started this project). Most of us who have been around since version 1 of the ruleset have seen how much effort you put into the original ruleset and the second version, as well as the extensions etc and completely understand where you are coming from.

Thanks to EVERYONE in this forum who are contributing, either through playtesting or writing code.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    Trenloe, I for one am grateful for the hard work you put into the previous ruleset. I am also thankful that johniba and sevrick have tackled this new Genesys ruleset for CoreRPG. I hope johniba hasn't abandoned the work on it, but it appears to be very close to completion so I am hoping someone can pick it up and finish it if he has. And also I hope someone will take the Genesys basis and create a Star Wars ruleset that will work with Unity. Unfortunately picking up the skills to code these rulesets isn't a task for everyone. If I had some time off from work I'd give it a second go (I spent weeks trying to figure out fonts etc before johniba started this project). Most of us who have been around since version 1 of the ruleset have seen how much effort you put into the original ruleset and the second version, as well as the extensions etc and completely understand where you are coming from.

Thanks to EVERYONE in this forum who are contributing, either through playtesting or writing code.
    hey

Sorry for the lack of communication, i didnt abandon it
    Life and work are going crazy at the moment and i couldnt do much these past weeks, but i do want to resume working on the ruleset soon

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I am not trying to goad you into doing anything. I guess it makes sense. I dont play dnd anymore although I used to alot. If I had made a big project for something I used to like but dont anymore I couldn't see my self putting in that much effort on somthing I wouldn't use.
    For those of you waiting, I will try my hand at modifying this ruleset. No promises though. I have done coding but that was C#.
    Hopefully it doesnt come to that and we are just being impatient. Plz Johniba come back.
    Sorry for being away... i promise i will update this soon!

I'm super glad to hear from you, but of course take care of yourself first and foremost! People will cope with a wait on features. Unity's still not in a great place anyways, and Trenloe's module works fine on Classic, so there's no real fire under anybody right now.

Glad to hear from you. I was a little nervous there .

Sorry to make you all nervous!
    I will see if i can fix some of the issues this weekend, and get the ball rolling

So, today i am compiling all reported issues and suggestions, and creating a github repository
    I will use the repository initially for that issue tracking, and later, fully use it to keep the ruleset code.

I will see if i can clear some of the issues, and also make it compatible with FG unity again, and upload a new version

Thread Information