DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Nevermind. Literally within seconds of posting this, I found the link.

Ignore: Has anyone created a good Star Wars theme for FGU that doesn't break the ruleset? The default extension options (wood, leather, simple, etc.) all look awful. I read through a bunch of posts in my search, but mostly it was people getting error messages when they tried.
    Last edited by chikininabizkit; October 18th, 2023 at 17:00.

I did some more looking into the Skills bug just now, it seems like something changed across all FG rulesets that changed the way rendering of certain elements is done. It is impacting every ruleset to some degree, but very badly here with the skills. I am not sure what the fix is yet (if we have to change something or if it’s a FG bug.) But, I’ll make an update if we need to fix something.

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    I did some more looking into the Skills bug just now, it seems like something changed across all FG rulesets that changed the way rendering of certain elements is done. It is impacting every ruleset to some degree, but very badly here with the skills. I am not sure what the fix is yet (if we have to change something or if it’s a FG bug.) But, I’ll make an update if we need to fix something.
    FWIW, it's happening with Force Powers, too. I don't know if it's the same issue or not. When you drag a Force Power to a character, it says they gained it in the chat, but it doesn't show up anywhere on their sheet.

Update: I restarted FG and Force Powers are showing up now. I don't know if it was on my end or part of the larger problem.
    Last edited by chikininabizkit; October 18th, 2023 at 18:09. Reason: contextual elaboration

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    FWIW, it's happening with Force Powers, too. I don't know if it's the same issue or not. When you drag a Force Power to a character, it says they gained it in the chat, but it doesn't show up anywhere on their sheet.

Update: I restarted FG and Force Powers are showing up now. I don't know if it was on my end or part of the larger problem.
    I believe I found a fix for the Skills issue. It appears the FG update changes the way things are rendered when anchoring to invisible elements. I've pushed a fix to the code for the Skills, and seems to be working. Wasn't able to reproduce the above Force Powers issue after the fix, so that should be fixed too!

Once @johniba pushes the new build to Live, you'll be able to get the updates.

Thank you!

I believe I found a fix for the Skills issue. It appears the FG update changes the way things are rendered when anchoring to invisible elements. I've pushed a fix to the code for the Skills, and seems to be working. Wasn't able to reproduce the above Force Powers issue after the fix, so that should be fixed too!

Once @johniba pushes the new build to Live, you'll be able to get the updates.
    Sorry everyone for the delay... Sean's fixes are live, please click "check for updates" in FGU and it should download for you

Hey! It's been a while since I've been here. Just finished a three year Star Wars EotE campaign and we were taking a break doing other things (like Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective... not really an RPG but fun collaborative mystery solving )

Anyway, we're probably going to get back into this but this time using the Genesys system rather than Star Wars... I might even be building a campaign world from scratch, based on my science fiction novel series (it'll help act as a series bible for me as the series continues, plus I might even make it available on Genesys Foundry if it's good enough )

So, coming back, looking at the front page, it seems like Genesys hasn't been updated in many months? Any idea if a new update is being worked on?

Also, since I'm coming in from Star Wars to Genesys and hoping to build up a world within it, are there any resources that might be useful for me? Other extensions or rulesets or mods or whatever floating around I should know about?

Lastly, are there any other themes out there besides the standard FG ones and the Star Wars one I was already using that might be a good fit? Something with a SF vibe that isn't Star Wars? Or something that uses the Genesys color scheme (which I rather like)?

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Hey! It's been a while since I've been here. Just finished a three year Star Wars EotE campaign and we were taking a break doing other things (like Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective... not really an RPG but fun collaborative mystery solving )

Anyway, we're probably going to get back into this but this time using the Genesys system rather than Star Wars... I might even be building a campaign world from scratch, based on my science fiction novel series (it'll help act as a series bible for me as the series continues, plus I might even make it available on Genesys Foundry if it's good enough )

So, coming back, looking at the front page, it seems like Genesys hasn't been updated in many months? Any idea if a new update is being worked on?

Also, since I'm coming in from Star Wars to Genesys and hoping to build up a world within it, are there any resources that might be useful for me? Other extensions or rulesets or mods or whatever floating around I should know about?

Lastly, are there any other themes out there besides the standard FG ones and the Star Wars one I was already using that might be a good fit? Something with a SF vibe that isn't Star Wars? Or something that uses the Genesys color scheme (which I rather like)?
    Hi there! That sounds awesome! While I don’t think much has been added to the base ruleset recently, johniba and I have been fixing bugs and such. The most recent change we made is having the dice by default swap to at least match the color of the official dice.

As for Themes, I am not aware of any Genesys themes myself (besides the Star Wars one on the GDrive which we updated recently). We have noticed a bug with official FG themes overriding the Genesys specific fonts for the symbols and such, so for now you’re better using the default one. The workaround for this would be to create an extension to override the fonts again with the Genesys font, I can try that later and see if it works with other themes.

Hi there! That sounds awesome! While I don’t think much has been added to the base ruleset recently, johniba and I have been fixing bugs and such. The most recent change we made is having the dice by default swap to at least match the color of the official dice.

As for Themes, I am not aware of any Genesys themes myself (besides the Star Wars one on the GDrive which we updated recently). We have noticed a bug with official FG themes overriding the Genesys specific fonts for the symbols and such, so for now you’re better using the default one. The workaround for this would be to create an extension to override the fonts again with the Genesys font, I can try that later and see if it works with other themes.

The dice color thing? VERY nice touch! I mean, sure we'd like to get the symbols too, but honestly even that little touch is welcomed. Definitely adds to the immersion factor.

I'm not sure what you mean by the GDrive, though. I'm hoping there is at least an option to try other than the various default leather-bound looks and the Star Wars look.

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    The dice color thing? VERY nice touch! I mean, sure we'd like to get the symbols too, but honestly even that little touch is welcomed. Definitely adds to the immersion factor.

I'm not sure what you mean by the GDrive, though. I'm hoping there is at least an option to try other than the various default leather-bound looks and the Star Wars look.
    Thanks! Yes, I played around with altering the Skins too, but it’s not feasible with the current skin subsystem of FGU.

The GDrive (Google Drive) link on the first page of the thread has the Star Wars theme, but, yeah, there are no other Genesys compatible themes yet, I think.

However if you find a FG theme you like that you want to get working with Genesys, I *should* be able to make an extension to fix the fonts. I’ll have to give that a shot later.

Thread Information