STAR TREK 2d20
    Had some time working with the new force powers. absolutely amazing work to the whole team working on this. So cool. Love the drag and drop capabilities of the powers and the entry windows are great. Making larger bubbles is simple and elegant. Top shelf.

@sevrick I'm done with the core rule book powers. If you need I can send you the work I've done so far too give you a heads start for the libraries. Let me know.

A few suggestions:
    1. The screen is huge. Don't know if it's reasonable to be able to shrink it down but it definitely feels very big.
    2. Is it convenient/possible to have the full description appear during a scroll over of the power?
    3. It doesn't come up often (at least not in the core books), but I believe for heal / harm the trees don't go four levels deep only 3. If course you can leave off connecting the final level route to anything but it would look less cluttered is when there was no connection to a power section it could be hidden when the screen was locked.

No idea how easy or hard any of this is to code just adding suggestions. To notch work Johniba and Team!

Are Specialization trees next? If I'm not mistaken it's the last feature that has yet to be implemented.

On topic related to the work being done here (and I've no idea if it's appropriate to discuss here or if it needs a new threat it a discord server) but how does everyone handle the Exp crunch force sensitives have in your games. While the trees are a neet way of handling the Force, it adds an even greater burden on already characters already exp poor. In all of my attempts to make great force users I've never been able to do it for any less than 700 points and the Jedi masters of the films could easily be built to have over 1500 Exp.

I've thought of doubling exp awards for the force users where half can be spent on character advancement and the other half force powers but this seems simultaneously unfair to the other players and still not quite enough growth for the force users..

Would like to hear everyone thoughts on this wherever the moderators suggest would be an appropriate place to hold that conversation.

Hey Xarax, I actually updated all 3 libraries with all powers from (SW except for two from adventure books)

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Had some time working with the new force powers. absolutely amazing work to the whole team working on this. So cool. Love the drag and drop capabilities of the powers and the entry windows are great. Making larger bubbles is simple and elegant. Top shelf.

@sevrick I'm done with the core rule book powers. If you need I can send you the work I've done so far too give you a heads start for the libraries. Let me know.

A few suggestions:
    1. The screen is huge. Don't know if it's reasonable to be able to shrink it down but it definitely feels very big.
    2. Is it convenient/possible to have the full description appear during a scroll over of the power?
    3. It doesn't come up often (at least not in the core books), but I believe for heal / harm the trees don't go four levels deep only 3. If course you can leave off connecting the final level route to anything but it would look less cluttered is when there was no connection to a power section it could be hidden when the screen was locked.

No idea how easy or hard any of this is to code just adding suggestions. To notch work Johniba and Team!

Are Specialization trees next? If I'm not mistaken it's the last feature that has yet to be implemented.

1 - Recently seansps added scrolling to each box, so I will do some testing with making the boxes smaller

2 - I dont know if I understand. It will depend on how much text. Even with a scroll, if it is too much text it could become cumbersome. Maybe test this by adding the full description to your summary field and see how it looks, maybe wait until I make the boxes smaller and see.

3 - I added a way to hide boxes... please download the latest libraries, you will see I already added all force power trees including that one, you will see the extra empty boxes do not show up.
    While editing a force power record, notice that boxes have a very faint "eye" icon to the left side of the delete button. Clicking that hides/shows the box.
    When you turn edit off, the box gets hidden, so the tip is to hide any boxes the tree does not need, and hide connectors, when you have the record in read only mode, the boxes and connectors will be gone.
    Like I said I have already added all force power records to all 3 libraries, you can check what I did there.

I would also say try to use that library instead of creating your own power records, since the backup/restore descriptions will work better to match with those, in future library upgrades.

And yes now working on elite specializations! The idea is focusing on having full scope of data in the rulesets, and then move into improvements
    Last edited by johniba; May 3rd, 2023 at 14:50.

On topic related to the work being done here (and I've no idea if it's appropriate to discuss here or if it needs a new threat it a discord server) but how does everyone handle the Exp crunch force sensitives have in your games. While the trees are a neet way of handling the Force, it adds an even greater burden on already characters already exp poor. In all of my attempts to make great force users I've never been able to do it for any less than 700 points and the Jedi masters of the films could easily be built to have over 1500 Exp.

I've thought of doubling exp awards for the force users where half can be spent on character advancement and the other half force powers but this seems simultaneously unfair to the other players and still not quite enough growth for the force users..

Would like to hear everyone thoughts on this wherever the moderators suggest would be an appropriate place to hold that conversation.
    To be honest I wouldn't change it at all. The force power extra exp cost for force sensitive is part of the balance. This actually quite brilliant game design. Older editions of star wars had constant issues with the Jedi being to overpowered. Have the force sensitives go through xp tax, so to speak, helps keep them on the same power level as non force using PCs.

Think about the force abilities they can pop off a force ability anytime they want. Most of the time it is without a strain cost. And if they decide to not care about using dark side points it works 100% of the time provided they have the Destiny Points to do it.

At higher levels the force user still manages to be slightly more powerful than non force users. At starting levels it can be frustrating to be sure, but that in of it self simulates the character who is just learning about his powers. Think how long it took Luke to pull his lightsaber from the snow while hanging upside down. I am sure if it was even a padawan from the clone wars ear he wouldn't break a sweat. Personally I love the way it feels, but to each his own. Just be careful. The exp cost for force powers are there for balance, and is there for a reason.

@johniba 2. Sorry I meant like the full description appears when you mouse over the box. Not sure if it's a good idea or if it would get annoying. Just spitfiring.

@johniba 2. Sorry I meant like the full description appears when you mouse over the box. Not sure if it's a good idea or if it would get annoying. Just spitfiring.
    Yes, I think that could get annoying. The idea with the full description and the summary is that a player would only need to see the full description a few times, maybe when learning their powers. Over time, they only read the summary in the boxes to remember what they are.

We can always try later to improve on this for sure. We can revisit this or other ideas later when we are done with a few more features.

I will try to make the boxes smaller though, so avoid needing to open a very large window

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I will try to make the boxes smaller though, so avoid needing to open a very large window
    Low Priority Johniba! thanks for all you are doing with this!

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    3 - I added a way to hide boxes... please download the latest libraries, you will see I already added all force power trees including that one, you will see the extra empty boxes do not show up.
    While editing a force power record, notice that boxes have a very faint "eye" icon to the left side of the delete button. Clicking that hides/shows the box.
    When you turn edit off, the box gets hidden, so the tip is to hide any boxes the tree does not need, and hide connectors, when you have the record in read only mode, the boxes and connectors will be gone.
    Like I said I have already added all force power records to all 3 libraries, you can check what I did there.
    Must be doing something wrong. I've activated the added module, and made sure to download the most up to date versions. I see no faint eyes and there are no listings of force powers other than the ones that I have created myself. Is there a separate subscription?

Must be doing something wrong. I've activated the added module, and made sure to download the most up to date versions. I see no faint eyes and there are no listings of force powers other than the ones that I have created myself. Is there a separate subscription?
    The eye icon is in the ruleset, so first make sure you hit the "check updates" in FGU so it can download the latest rulesets.

To see that eye icon:
    - open a force power record in the database
    - click the padlock icon to unlock the record
    This will make it so boxes will show the +/- button, and also the eye icon (which is in a very faint color, you can almost miss it) to the left of those buttons

The issue with the libraries:

Make sure you have the latest versions, I have uploaded them on april 28:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...7t?usp=sharing

Try to open your campaign after you download, go to modules:

- Try first unloading all libraries, and checking if you see any force powers.
    If you do, those are records you added locally
    - Now, try re-activating the lilbraries, see if you can see more records, that belong to the libraries.

There might be a chance that you have two sets of files for the libraries in your modules folder in FGU directory, you can see if that is true using windows explorer

If you still have issues, let me know when you have like some 30 mins of free time, we can get together on discord and I will help you!

I had the same problem as Xarax. Seemed the libraries didn't download from the Forge via standard FGU update. But when I did a manual download from Google to my Modules folder, everything was right as rain. Maybe it's just a May the Fourth success?

Thread Information