DICE PACKS BUNDLE

I cannot express how excited I am for those Force tree's!

So... I managed to make the damage counter on player ships go ballistic again.

Here is what I think is happening: I adjusted the damaged taken by using CTRL+Mousewheel. And it seems to me that the incremental changes were shared, but since there were multiple rapid changes, the sharing of the numbers just... broke. I dunno if that makes sense.
    It just seemd to me that it kept sharing different numbers, because several different numbers were input in a short time. I hope this makes sense.

A player noted, that if he exited the vehicle. Entered a different vehicle, and switched back, it fixed the issue for him. I didn't test this myself, because FG became extremely laggy at this point and I simply restarted the programme. I think it kept sharing data, and just bogged the system down.

I will keep en eye out, if anything happens if I just type damage in - which I plan to do from now on. I am just so used to using CTRL + Mousewheel that I'll probably break it again - just out of habit. hee hee.

Anyways. I hope this helps. Very excited for what comes next.

Vires Animi

Thanks for the info, I should be able to recreate it with those steps! I’ll take a look at fixing that once we get the Force Trees released

Yeah I cannot wait to see the force trees. You have done such great work on this.

I forgot to mention, that in the bug I described above, the ship in question is on a character owned by the GM. Some of my players have issues with reading, so I often manage inventory and stuff. So it is easiest for me to make a character that I own as a GM, keep the party inventory there - including all the vehicles they may have at their disposal.

I don't know if that affects the issue.

Also... I discovered that if you want to put a pin on an image which is a planetary record one of two things happen. If you drag the link from the list, it works fine. If you open a planetary sheet, and drag the link from there to the image, the link does NOT work.

As far as I can see, this behavior only happens for Planetary records.

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I forgot to mention, that in the bug I described above, the ship in question is on a character owned by the GM. Some of my players have issues with reading, so I often manage inventory and stuff. So it is easiest for me to make a character that I own as a GM, keep the party inventory there - including all the vehicles they may have at their disposal.

I don't know if that affects the issue.

Also... I discovered that if you want to put a pin on an image which is a planetary record one of two things happen. If you drag the link from the list, it works fine. If you open a planetary sheet, and drag the link from there to the image, the link does NOT work.

As far as I can see, this behavior only happens for Planetary records.

Vires Animi
    Thanks, I will check if I can fix those bugs

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2023-04-25

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

NEW Features:
    Star Wars: Force Powers!

Seansps completed Force Powers and in my opinion it looks fantastic!
    - GMs can create Force Powers in the database
    - Players can drag and drop Force Powers in their character sheet, and under "Actions" tab, open the full view of the Force Power Tree, and purchase upgrades
    Upgrades will show up under the force power listed in the Actions tab.

For more details you can watch this short tutorial:

(Video right now is still rendering 1080p, so if you watch in the next minutes you will only see in 720p)

How to download the new version:

You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

Attention FG Classic users
    This update is NOT compatible with FG Classic
    I can no longer maintain the code in a way that it works with the old client, I am sorry
    You can use an older version of the rulesets, downloading from the google drive link below

Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link below
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

Subscribe/Download the Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars

Thanks seansps for the contributions on this update!
    Last edited by johniba; April 25th, 2023 at 04:14.

Just played around with the new Force trees. There's a space to add the enhanced Skill, so you get the automated dice with the Force dice? Whaaaaat? Bravo, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by kessler25 View Post
    Just played around with the new Force trees. There's a space to add the enhanced Skill, so you get the automated dice with the Force dice? Whaaaaat? Bravo, folks.
    Yep!

Glad you’re liking it so far! We’ll be trying to get the modules updated with the trees (minus descriptions) but for now if you’re building them manually, just make sure to set each upgrade that doesn’t technically stack with a unique name. (Ex: “Control: Skills”)

Love the Force tree's, absolutely love them. Now I am busy writing it all in. I am a madman! hee hee

One small thing though: The text inside the tree's can overlap with the scrollbar in a text block (perhaps this is an issue for talent trees too. I dunno). This can make the text a bit hard to read. Would it be possible to make sure that the text box doens't overlap with the scroller?

SUGGESTION: There are ways in the game (Star Wars), that Characteristics and Skills, can get temporary bonuses. Especially with use of the Force. Currently the only way to do that right now (as far as I know) is to change the values of those Characteristics and Skils - and hope you remember to put them back later.

I would have a look at the Savage Worlds ruleset and copy what they have done there. You simply right click an Ability or Skill, press the +- symbol and a small pop-up window allows you to add a modifier to the thing you're changing.

There are two major advantages to this I feel: First of all, the number modified stays the same, but a smaller number next to it shows that it has been modifed and by how much. Simple. Secondly: if this is a characteris / skill you often modify, you only have to go into the pop-up box and activate / deactivate the modier. It will be there waiting for you, the next time you want to do it.

Just my two Imperial Credits worth of thought.

Keep up the amazing work!

Thread Information