FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 25 of 281 First ... 1523242526273575125 ... Last

Updated Libraries

So the Realms of Terrinoth descriptions should no longer give an error.

Also I Edited the Expanded players guide because the names with weird characters, weren't in the title as well as the culture the item is from.

And I edited the title so I could differentiate my own library with descriptions and the one to upload. You should be able to easily change the title if you want by editing the definition.xml file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sevrick; February 21st, 2020 at 23:29.

I got a really weird bug. When I create a new npc it is created with random talents and abilities of npc I have already made.

Oh god no. That is a legacy bug from the original Star Wars Ruleset. It is the worst bug in there!

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Oh god no. That is a legacy bug from the original Star Wars Ruleset. It is the worst bug in there!
    Was that bug fixed in the later version (v2) of the ruleset?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...r+Wars+ruleset
    Last edited by punisher5150; February 23rd, 2020 at 23:53.

It might be a result of copy pasting code from the star wars ruleset.

If that's the case I would definitely make sure and use the version 2 of the ruleset from the link above. I've been using that version of Star Wars for a few years and have never noticed an NPC bug like the one you described. It may also help with the vehicles section as I seem to rememebr some changes to that function as well.

Oh no, I've been using that version for years. If you make your own talents / species / what not, and put it into a module, the problems come running like crazy.

EDIT: I double checked the version numbers and seems like I've been using 1.1. Unbelievably both versions has the exact same size, so I think I've not copied the right version in. I will have to look into things now. But if I've struggled with that bug for years because I am dumb... I am going to cry... hehehhe
    Last edited by viresanimi; February 24th, 2020 at 00:48.

Oh no, I've been using that version for years. If you make your own talents / species / what not, and put it into a module, the problems come running like crazy.

EDIT: I double checked the version numbers and seems like I've been using 1.1. Unbelievably both versions has the exact same size, so I think I've not copied the right version in. I will have to look into things now. But if I've struggled with that bug for years because I am dumb... I am going to cry... hehehhe
    I have made numerous modules with version 2 of the ruleset and the behavior described doesn't occur. I do vaguely remember something weird with version 1 of the ruleset and NPCs but its been awhile. I think version 2 came out around May 2015!

There were several fixes/improvements with the combat tracker, vehicles, etc. You can see a list of them all in the first post of the link I posted a couple of replies up from this one.
    Last edited by punisher5150; February 24th, 2020 at 01:47.

I have now been testing with modules that I updated from 1.1 to 2.1. "Some" issues have gone but all. I can still get module data that just appears on new NPC sheets. I will grant you, that the campaigns were also 1.1 and updated now, and that there might be things lurking in the campaign code, but well....

The fact of the matter is that the code from the star wars ruleset has had issues with data being sent directly to npc sheets upon creation and I cannot stress how important I feel that this bug be found and brutally murdered. It is the single most annoying bug I have ever dealt with in Fantasy Grounds (and I've dealt with a few).

This is like, the most important reason for me to switch to CoreRPG. To not have to deal with the issues of the old ruleset.

EDIT: I tried some bug hunting. I don't know if this will be usefull, but here goes:

My current issue is that when I create a new NPC with updated ruleset and module, the first NPC I make if just fine. No issues. The next one has all the data that starts with | Career | now appears in the Species and Special abilities section. The one after that now have the | Force | entries. Followed by | Specializations | in the third and finally | Species | in the fourth.

NPC's created after those first 5 all seem to be ok.

This also happens in a brand new campaign with no extensions running. So in my book. Even the 2.1d ruleset probably still has issues lurking somewhere.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention that this utter mess used to extend to talents too, but it doesn't now ... much.
    Last edited by viresanimi; February 24th, 2020 at 12:18.

I have now been testing with modules that I updated from 1.1 to 2.1. "Some" issues have gone but all. I can still get module data that just appears on new NPC sheets. I will grant you, that the campaigns were also 1.1 and updated now, and that there might be things lurking in the campaign code, but well....

The fact of the matter is that the code from the star wars ruleset has had issues with data being sent directly to npc sheets upon creation and I cannot stress how important I feel that this bug be found and brutally murdered. It is the single most annoying bug I have ever dealt with in Fantasy Grounds (and I've dealt with a few).

This is like, the most important reason for me to switch to CoreRPG. To not have to deal with the issues of the old ruleset.

EDIT: I tried some bug hunting. I don't know if this will be usefull, but here goes:

My current issue is that when I create a new NPC with updated ruleset and module, the first NPC I make if just fine. No issues. The next one has all the data that starts with | Career | now appears in the Species and Special abilities section. The one after that now have the | Force | entries. Followed by | Specializations | in the third and finally | Species | in the fourth.

NPC's created after those first 5 all seem to be ok.

This also happens in a brand new campaign with no extensions running. So in my book. Even the 2.1d ruleset probably still has issues lurking somewhere.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention that this utter mess used to extend to talents too, but it doesn't now ... much.
    I typically used NPCs from the SW GM Encounter Library module as templates and just tweaked where needed. However the ones I did make from scratch from the NPC New command did not show the behavior described. Maybe it’s because there were several NPCs already in the NPC tab at that point.

Thread Information