STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by Idward View Post
    With the update to how the core engine handles dice it now likes to throw an error every time you load it up.
    [11/4/2022 12:05:34 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_diceskin.lua"]:438: attempt to call field 'getColorsFromCurrentID' (a nil value)

I am not noticing any other impact, but the D100 dice are now in the way of the critical rollers.
    BLUF: I'm getting the same errors, but after 15 seconds of work, there is no impact. My assessment is this is a low priority fix.

I'm getting the same error code and the d100 dice placement on top of the crit rollers. The error code doesn't seem to impact anything in gameplay, including rolling dice. For the d100 pair of dice, I just unlocked them and moved them off to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Urqy View Post
    BLUF: I'm getting the same errors, but after 15 seconds of work, there is no impact. My assessment is this is a low priority fix.

I'm getting the same error code and the d100 dice placement on top of the crit rollers. The error code doesn't seem to impact anything in gameplay, including rolling dice. For the d100 pair of dice, I just unlocked them and moved them off to the right.
    I am not seeing the Dark Side and Light Side Tokens... They seem to have stopped working along with the dice error. I recently rebuilt my computer and moved all my old files over and no other game seems to be having issues, just FFG.

We also noted a few items in the Genesys/Star Wars ruleset not working after the recent FG update. Our group plays FFG Star Wars and noticed following issues last week and this week. We also created new campaigns in both Genesys as well as Star Wars with no extensions and had following results:

Same Dice error message as previously stated:
    --[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_diceskin.lua"]:438: attempt to call field 'getColorsFromCurrentID' (a nil value)

Destiny Chits (Works in Genesys campaign/Not working in Star Wars campaign):
    -- Does not allow GM to add destiny Tokens when left click on images
    -- Reports dark side destiny chit used in chat window, but no change to the Destiny Token.
    -- No report of light side destiny chit used in chat window, no change to Destiny Token.
    -- Dragging light or dark side chit to dicepoolwindow does still upgrade the dice pool correctly but did not change the destiny token images.

Initiative Rolls (Both Genesys & Star Wars campaigns not working as previously):
    (Using player sheet & combat tracker menu radial)
    -- Dice are rolled, correct output is shown on the chat window of symbols from dice, but initiative value is not updated into the combat tracker.

Dicepool Tracker Window (Both Genesys & Star Wars campaigns not working as previously):
    It states "(This list will be empty until at least one player connects)" despite players being connected and controlling character sheets.
    -- Console Warning - setValue: Database note not owned (combattracker.initskill)
    -- Console Warning - windowcontrol: Could not find frame (indexboxtitledicebox) in control () in class (dieboxgenview)
    -- Attempted Fixes with no success: Players relogged, players released character sheets and reselected character sheet, players attempted to create new characters

As stated numerous times, thank you so much for creating this work of love to both of johniba and Sevrick. Our gaming group truly appreciates all the hard work and this is still the best option in our opinion for playing FFG Star Wars. This post was to see if others have seen the same issues since the FG update and if so, to help with any troubleshooting when you have the time.

because I have been rebuilding my system. We never got as far as testing other features. I do believe my group did come across the Combat tracker issue. I remembered it when I read your post. Very Concisely laid out, Artrem. We have truly enjoyed having this system to play. As Artrem said, Thank you! for getting things started, Johniba and Sevrick. This is the Rule set of Star Wars I have enjoyed the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Artrem View Post
    We also noted a few items in the Genesys/Star Wars ruleset not working after the recent FG update...
    Nice catch Artrem! I'm using Genesys only and haven't had the destiny point issue. I just re-tested the Initiative and Dicepool issues you mentioned and they're not working for me either. We haven't had a live session in that game since FG update.

Artrem said it best, thanks johniba and Sevrick!

Quote Originally Posted by Urqy View Post
    Nice catch Artrem! I'm using Genesys only and haven't had the destiny point issue. I just re-tested the Initiative and Dicepool issues you mentioned and they're not working for me either. We haven't had a live session in that game since FG update.

Artrem said it best, thanks johniba and Sevrick!
    Thanks Urqy.

Update:
    I have no idea on how to create modules/extension/coding/scripting in general, but interesting observation with this issue as I was troubleshooting this morning. I found that if I start up FGU and log into my campaign the issues above are occurs. (image below of gm/localhost player side by side look at where they destiny chits are for reference)

fgu.sw.ss1.jpg

But, if I exit that campaign and immediately host again without exiting FGU, it works as intended?!?! Then every time I exit and rehost, it cycles as working/not working/working/not working. (see image below)

fgu.sw.ss2.jpg

I can immediately tell if it's working as the destiny chits will look like the second image. The only thing I did was exit and rehost. So... if it consistently works of others, maybe a work around until smarter people figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Artrem View Post
    We also noted a few items in the Genesys/Star Wars ruleset not working after the recent FG update. Our group plays FFG Star Wars and noticed following issues last week and this week. We also created new campaigns in both Genesys as well as Star Wars with no extensions and had following results:

Same Dice error message as previously stated:
    --[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_diceskin.lua"]:438: attempt to call field 'getColorsFromCurrentID' (a nil value)

Destiny Chits (Works in Genesys campaign/Not working in Star Wars campaign):
    -- Does not allow GM to add destiny Tokens when left click on images
    -- Reports dark side destiny chit used in chat window, but no change to the Destiny Token.
    -- No report of light side destiny chit used in chat window, no change to Destiny Token.
    -- Dragging light or dark side chit to dicepoolwindow does still upgrade the dice pool correctly but did not change the destiny token images.

Initiative Rolls (Both Genesys & Star Wars campaigns not working as previously):
    (Using player sheet & combat tracker menu radial)
    -- Dice are rolled, correct output is shown on the chat window of symbols from dice, but initiative value is not updated into the combat tracker.

Dicepool Tracker Window (Both Genesys & Star Wars campaigns not working as previously):
    It states "(This list will be empty until at least one player connects)" despite players being connected and controlling character sheets.
    -- Console Warning - setValue: Database note not owned (combattracker.initskill)
    -- Console Warning - windowcontrol: Could not find frame (indexboxtitledicebox) in control () in class (dieboxgenview)
    -- Attempted Fixes with no success: Players relogged, players released character sheets and reselected character sheet, players attempted to create new characters

As stated numerous times, thank you so much for creating this work of love to both of johniba and Sevrick. Our gaming group truly appreciates all the hard work and this is still the best option in our opinion for playing FFG Star Wars. This post was to see if others have seen the same issues since the FG update and if so, to help with any troubleshooting when you have the time.
    We did play continue our Star Wars game last night and received the dice error whenever a player joined/left the game or clicked a portrait to change characters. The Destiny chits are also a problem for us, we did try the workaround, and it did work for me as the host, it did not for the players. The automation for initiative rolls is working correctly, but the players are unable to select which character is to act from turn to turn. The dice pool tracker in the party sheet is completely nonfunctional, but using the work around, it did work for me, but not any of the players. Our thanks for all the hard work on this so far, and we look forward to using this a great deal going forward.

So I am not sure where Johniba is last I herd he was in the middle of a move. I havent extensively play tested the ruleset but aside from annoying console popups after opening my character sheet it seems to play the same for me. There was a time the host couldn't change the Destiny Tokens but after a restart of FG it worked.

As for what I have been working on is updating the genesys libraries and going to upload the update when I am finished with Relms of Terrinoth. It is slow going since I am doing data entry at the same time.

I would try addressing the bugs but that is more Johnibas territory.
    Last edited by sevrick; November 6th, 2022 at 19:47.

Quote Originally Posted by JGLinx2 View Post
    We did play continue our Star Wars game last night and received the dice error whenever a player joined/left the game or clicked a portrait to change characters. The Destiny chits are also a problem for us, we did try the workaround, and it did work for me as the host, it did not for the players. The automation for initiative rolls is working correctly, but the players are unable to select which character is to act from turn to turn. The dice pool tracker in the party sheet is completely nonfunctional, but using the work around, it did work for me, but not any of the players. Our thanks for all the hard work on this so far, and we look forward to using this a great deal going forward.
    @JGLinx2 Ah, I tested it with two clients on the same computer hence why it was working all the time. You're right though, when I tested it with two separate computers initially the player computer wouldn't work (could move the destiny chits, just wouldn't show them). The host computer did receive the errors with connect/disconnect as well as clicking on another character sheet.

I had to do the same as the host (exit and rejoin) with player computer then I could see the destiny chits, initiative rolls worked, and dice tracker worked (right clicking on the dice box to open it radially). The player computer could not advance their turn or click on marker to indicate they were taking the turn regardless of what I tried to do. All in all, the work arounds will work for our group until a true fix is completed.

@sevrick Thanks for the update, again appreciate all hard work on the libraries, that's hard work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Morfedel View Post
    So, curious, I havent visited Genesys in awhile. How well is how well is the FGU rules set for it working currently? Also, has Edge studios killed Genesys? That last question is obviously not related to the rules set, but I was looking at their website and amazon, and it appears to have no real products out and easily available anymore.
    So I develop Genesys and Star Wars rulesets together. Basically the approach is similar to what you see Smiteworks doing with Core->PathFinder/DND as in most of the code (the part that is similar in both genesys and star wars rulesets) is actually developed in Genesys.
    Anything specific for Star Wars is done in the star wars ruleset.
    When you load FantasyGrounds with star wars, it will actually load genesys and then star wars, and handle "merging" these two in real time.
    It is very subtle and you wont notice this except for the chat box showing both have been loaded up.

This development approach allows us to have both rulesets feature rich and up to date.

Having said all that, this is why it is also very important that if you are using the star wars ruleset that you actually subscribe to both genesys and star wars, in the forge

P.S.: Edge studios did not kill Genesys. It certainly is on the slow side, but they have the Twilight Imperium setting book for genesys that will be stores soon, for example.
    I also read they are restocking on star wars/genesys

Thread Information