STAR TREK 2d20
    Thank you for the planet records! I've been making my own with Story records, but it was getting a little messy, the new record type is much better. I have a galaxy map in my campaign with the planets visited pinned on it, this is absolutely perfect for that =D

So for the idea of having links on some fields like sector, region.
    I did some test and there are limitations.
    It is possible to have a link that will open an image, but i cannot find a way to open the image and "zoom" or center the image to a position
    Do you all think it is enough?

This limitation will make it so the link will only be useful for example if it opens an image you need. Like in the example of a sector, the link opening an image of the sector.

It will not work well if you have a galaxy map, and want to open that and center at the sector the record was linked to....

Some times we get caught up in possibilities that could be added to a new feature that just came out but forget that there bigger things to worry about. I would vote that it is fine as of right now. But once attachments and force trees are done then we could explore the ideas of expanding upon it.

I guess our excitement can sometimes get in the way of progress. If it something you truly want to do right that's cool I just don't want to pressure you into doing somthing now that could wait till later.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    So for the idea of having links on some fields like sector, region.
    I did some test and there are limitations.
    It is possible to have a link that will open an image, but i cannot find a way to open the image and "zoom" or center the image to a position
    Do you all think it is enough?

This limitation will make it so the link will only be useful for example if it opens an image you need. Like in the example of a sector, the link opening an image of the sector.

It will not work well if you have a galaxy map, and want to open that and center at the sector the record was linked to....
    I don't think anyone was asking or even hoping for that.

The links, I was looking for in such things were links to story pages where I will have information about the region. Got a planet in the outer Rim, outer Rim Story Link with Outer rim Description. Got a Hutt Space Region? Story Link to Hutt Space page.

As far as a map is concerned I would suggest an addition line under astronavigation Data for coordinates, and anyone who is using a map with Coordinates or a grid can punch in the Coordinates on the map they are using and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Some times we get caught up in possibilities that could be added to a new feature that just came out but forget that there bigger things to worry about. I would vote that it is fine as of right now. But once attachments and force trees are done then we could explore the ideas of expanding upon it.

I guess our excitement can sometimes get in the way of progress. If it something you truly want to do right that's cool I just don't want to pressure you into doing somthing now that could wait till later.
    This is also an excellent point. The planets section is certainly useable and very functional as it is. If i had to give a wish list which i dont need anything on, but would be nice to have I would say:

1. remove the search bars previously mentioned as unnecessary
    2. Add the ability to add hyperlinks to the fields
    3. Add a Coordinates line to Astronavigation

And close the book on the planets, and move on to attachments or force trees. As always there would be none of this without you Joniba, so honestly pick the next thing your excited about and go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    I don't think anyone was asking or even hoping for that.

The links, I was looking for in such things were links to story pages where I will have information about the region. Got a planet in the outer Rim, outer Rim Story Link with Outer rim Description. Got a Hutt Space Region? Story Link to Hutt Space page.

As far as a map is concerned I would suggest an addition line under astronavigation Data for coordinates, and anyone who is using a map with Coordinates or a grid can punch in the Coordinates on the map they are using and call it a day.
    Well in that case, we wont have an issue.

This is also an excellent point. The planets section is certainly useable and very functional as it is. If i had to give a wish list which i dont need anything on, but would be nice to have I would say:

1. remove the search bars previously mentioned as unnecessary
    2. Add the ability to add hyperlinks to the fields
    3. Add a Coordinates line to Astronavigation

And close the book on the planets, and move on to attachments or force trees. As always there would be none of this without you Joniba, so honestly pick the next thing your excited about and go nuts.
    Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Sounds good
    Now that we've settled that 2 planet bugs i just came across. (I AM SO SORRY!)

1. While populating a new Planet You name it, everything is fine, however hovering over the Rebels symbol makes the entry read <<New Item>>. Lock it and unlock and it still says it's a new Item. If you drag and drop that planet onto say a map, there will be no name appearing when you scroll over. Now if you close the item and open it again from the Planet List the marker name appear just fine and there are no issue.
    2. This also appears to affect whether or not the planet can be opened from the quickbar. If you drag and drop the planet from the open tab it cannot be opened and nothing happens. If you drag and drop the planet from the planets list it works as normal.

I REALLY hope this is a quick fix and not a headache. Thanks again Johniba!
    Last edited by Xarax; July 26th, 2022 at 22:16.

For most of the planets I have looked up on wookiepedia they offer something called the Grid Square for the where on the map direction. Hope this helps, and helps anyone looking for where these planets go on the galaxy map.

For most of the planets I have looked up on wookiepedia they offer something called the Grid Square for the where on the map direction. Hope this helps, and helps anyone looking for where these planets go on the galaxy map.
    Yes it sounds good, easy to add that field.

BTW guys, I am moving to a new house in the next days, so it is a bit slow to work on the code and even reply in the forums. I will be probably all set by monday, but wanted to let you all know.

Thread Information