STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    my thought is that it would be able to be included in your framework so that in the astrogation data where it tells you what section of the galaxy it is in there could be a pre-available story link that we could drag and drop (or have pre-dragged and dropped) which would connect to the region of space. Ie. Coruscant says its in the core worlds, so story link to Core worlds dropped into Astrogation Data. From there all we would have to do is populate the descriptions on the galaxy sections and we'd be that much further along.
    I dont think that would be needed.
    If there is any need to filter out data from the planet database, it would be a good moment to decide on fields for that.
    Usually I just create fields to populate data based on those we see in books, but it would be a good idea to think ahead, on things we would like to filter.

I dont think story stubbs are needed really, i think this is a bit too much. I think each person can create their own story database, but i can create filters that will help in checking and finding records in the planet db

Quote Originally Posted by Claybor View Post
    First off I want to say this is a heck of an effort for free rule set. Well done.

Secondly if anybody is looking for a 1st gen rpg'er into any genre, I'd love to get into a Genesis game to check it out.

Available Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. I'm on the east coast (U.S.), but I can be pretty flexible with the hours of play.
    Welcome to the thread!
    In my case unfortunatelly I have very little time to play, at least in the next months...

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I dont think that would be needed.
    If there is any need to filter out data from the planet database, it would be a good moment to decide on fields for that.
    Usually I just create fields to populate data based on those we see in books, but it would be a good idea to think ahead, on things we would like to filter.

I dont think story stubbs are needed really, i think this is a bit too much. I think each person can create their own story database, but i can create filters that will help in checking and finding records in the planet db
    Fair enough. Your statement about how we want to filter might just be enough to help. My suggestion then is this: Just like i recommended splitting the data for Orbital Metrics, Split astronavagation data as well. Give us 3 boxes, one for System, Sector and Region. Region (Outer rim, Core Worlds, etc.) should be the one gets set up to filter the planets.

While updating Genesys Expanded Players Guide, I noticed that in addition to settings have skills they also list the talents used on pg. 39. I wonder if there was a way to populate Setting entries with talents based on what has been established in the talent entry?

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    While updating Genesys Expanded Players Guide, I noticed that in addition to settings have skills they also list the talents used on pg. 39. I wonder if there was a way to populate Setting entries with talents based on what has been established in the talent entry?
    I can add that with little effort. I will put on my list here

NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2022-07-22

Unless mentioned, the fix or improvement is for both Genesys and Star Wars.

Improvements:

- Improvements to the combat manager code. This will not be obvious to players and GMs, but the code update will help in future updates and improvements.

- Added new filters to databases:
    Item Database: added filter by Special
    NPC: added filter by Species

Known Issue:
    If a PC enters a shared player vehicle, and later this vehicle is deleted, the combat tracker entry for that PC will not update the current vehicle.
    Workaround: Either remove/readd PC to combat tracker or reloading the campaign will fix this.
    This will be fixed in the next release

NEW Features:

- Star Wars: Planetary Database.

How to download the new version:

FG Unity:
    You can subscribe to both rulesets in FG Forge. This will ensure that they are automatically downloaded whenever I upload a new version.
    (P.S.: everytime I upload a new version here in the forums, it may take a few hours for it to show up in Forge, as it requires Moderators to approve)
    (P.S.: If you have already done this before, you only need to click "Check for Updates" in FG Unity, and the download will start)

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links:
    Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view
    Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view
    (Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

FG Classic
    Recent updates in FantasyGrounds is making it hard to keep updating the Rulesets to make them work with FGClassic
    For now I do not suggest using the updates in Classic. I will later provide a link with the most recent ruleset versions that still work in classic, in case anyone need.

Modules and other extensions need to be downloaded from the above link below
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...R-?usp=sharing

Download Genesys ruleset even if you are playing Star Wars
    Always remember to download BOTH rulesets if you intend to use Star Wars

Hey everyone,

I decided to release this new version. It does not have a lot of new things, but I know some of you would like to see the planet database, so there it is.

Next, here is what i am working on. I will be focusing on items 1, and 2 and probably release again, before the attachments improvements, as those two items will help with the other one.
    I have also researched on the Signature Abilities, but I will focus on the other items first

1) Update drag and drop to hotkey bar (needed for a lot of stuff, including item 2 below)
    2) Updating Actions tab
    - look and feel like the one in DND5
    - add maintenance status (undamaged, minor, etca): this will add dice automatically to the roll
    - customizable "extra" dice: including negative (-1 setback will remove setback right before rolling, for example)
    3) Attachment mods
    - Optional mods will list as rows inside the attachment, each one containing an icon to represent status: not installed/installed sucessfuly/failed to install
    - initially this will not add dice automatically (but players will be able to use item 2 in the list to update their weapons with extra dice)

After that is all done:

- Continue my research on a customizable "tree" window, that will be used both in Force Power trees, and Signature Abilities.
    - Improve Combat Tracker for players

@johniba love the update been chomping at the bit to get started on entering these planets.

@Sevrick if you want to collaborate, I don't know what info we should or can include in the files that you publish but i am happy to help.

@Joniba, there are WAY too many ways to search these planets. Source, Region and MAYBE sector would be more than enough. Thanks for all the work you do!

Looks good. I noticed some things

1. The notes section in planets it isn't setup to backup the descriptions.

2. I don't think Areas of interest and Major Cities is needed as a filters. Since they will more than likely be unique to each planet. The others I think are fine.

3. Not sure if it is possible but what would be cool is if you could ancor a place to the top right corner where you could add an image. This is where you could add an image of the planet. This of course would have to be omitted from exporting due to copy right.

4. Also if you wanted to touch it up a bit I would organize the filters to match the way they appear in the records.

An application of this I didn't realize is that you could identify planets that likely to do trade base on imports and exports. If you wanted to have a game that dealt more with trading with other planets such as buying low and selling high. It's pretty cool.
    Last edited by sevrick; July 23rd, 2022 at 07:17.

Trying to input the data for the planets but it is resisting hyperlinks. If System, Sector, Region, major cities, areas of interest, trade routes, and special conditions could all have their text boxes improved to be able to hold hyperlinks that would be great... however i am guessing that in order to be able to sort planets by these things they cannot be set to have the hyperlinks can they?

Edit: there is a galactic map that is provided in all the FFG books and this map is kind enough to provide us with grid coordinates. Perhaps we should add a field for grid coordinates in Astronavigation data?
    Last edited by Xarax; July 23rd, 2022 at 23:58.

Thread Information