STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Yes buy on page 158, the book mentions descriptions to the damage, for example: "malfunctioned, misfired, jammed, broken down, or otherwise been rendered inoperable or impaired until it can be repaired"

I wonder if a weapon can sustain multiple damages?
    Also, depending on the damage it sustains, wouldnt it be important to know, so that it can be ruled if the weapon can still be used in its current state, or not?

I wonder if this has been clarified in a FAQ
    Double post oops. See below
    Last edited by sevrick; July 10th, 2022 at 06:14.

Take a look at the attached screenshot
    I am thinking of moving the number of minions in this place, what do you think?

Attachment 53496
    Looks good.

Yes buy on page 158, the book mentions descriptions to the damage, for example: "malfunctioned, misfired, jammed, broken down, or otherwise been rendered inoperable or impaired until it can be repaired"

I wonder if a weapon can sustain multiple damages?
    Also, depending on the damage it sustains, wouldnt it be important to know, so that it can be ruled if the weapon can still be used in its current state, or not?

I wonder if this has been clarified in a FAQ
    Yes weapons can sustain multiple damages through the sunder weapon quality which can be activated multiple times.

One last thing we had this come up in our game a few weeks back. A PC ran out of ammo on his blaster after the despair I spent. There was no real way to track it was out of ammo. This could be somthing added to weapon stat block. Maybe somthing minimalistic.
    Last edited by sevrick; July 10th, 2022 at 06:17.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Yes weapons can sustain multiple damages through the sunder weapon quality which can be activated multiple times.

One last thing we had this come up in our game a few weeks back. A PC ran out of ammo on his blaster after the despair I spent. There was no real way to track it was out of ammo. This could be somthing added to weapon stat block. Maybe somthing minimalistic.
    In DND5 you can individually count each "arrow", but in the case of Gen/SW i think it fits better just a simple checkbox "out of ammo", right?
    Maybe we can have a field in the item record for when it is a weapon, so a checkbox shows up in the character's inventory, showing it it is out of ammo

I am thinking that in order to keep it simple visually, it could be that if the weapon is damages and/or out of ammo, icons would show up near or below the weapon name, in the actions tab

In DND5 you can individually count each "arrow", but in the case of Gen/SW i think it fits better just a simple checkbox "out of ammo", right?
    Maybe we can have a field in the item record for when it is a weapon, so a checkbox shows up in the character's inventory, showing it it is out of ammo

I am thinking that in order to keep it simple visually, it could be that if the weapon is damages and/or out of ammo, icons would show up near or below the weapon name, in the actions tab
    Sounds good. It's awesome to see how far this ruleset has come from its beginning.

Awesome Stuff here.
    Vehicles did not parse correctly for me and did not drop the second description down into the model field. Is there something else I needed to do here?
    Sources however did work correctly.
    Regarding attachments I am excited by the fact that it's next on your list of things to do. You've already got a field for the upgrades, and I like the idea Sevrick had about having a check box with 3 states: succeeded, failed, and unattempted.
    A text box is likely sufficient to track item breakage, at least for now.
    The new minion box looks good too!
    Specialization trees look great with bigger boxes but the window as a whole is still very wide.
    Definitely awesome to see how far this has come. Thanks again for all your hard work!
    Last edited by Xarax; July 11th, 2022 at 07:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    Vehicles did not parse correctly for me and did not drop the second description down into the model field. Is there something else I needed to do here?
    Sorry, I shoulve explained:
    Only "local" records get updated. Records inside modules are not changed by the automatic update.

We need to wait for sevrick to upload new versions of the modules, to get the updated records in them. When he opens his campaigns he uses to create the modules, those records will be updated, and then he can just export the modules
    Last edited by johniba; July 11th, 2022 at 13:31.

Only "local" records get updated. Records inside modules are not changed by the automatic update.

We need to wait for sevrick to upload new versions of the modules, to get the updated records in them. When he opens his campaigns he uses to create the modules, those records will be updated, and then he can just export the modules
    I can do that today

Got it

Hi all,

A couple of ideas I need feedback:

1) Specialization Trees being too large:

I am trying to think of a solution for the Specialization Trees window being too big.

What do you all think of this:

The Tree would have each talent, but without the Summary text below them. This way, each box would be a lot smaller.
    BUT... when you move your mouse over a box, you would see the full description of the talent pop-up, in the up-right corner of the window....

You can also still click the talent description to open the talent window.

2) Weapons: adding "No Ammo", and "Damage"

In the actions tab in the pc/npc sheet, under each weapon We will have two small icons:

"No Ammo" will show up if the weapon is out of ammo
    "Damaged: Minor/Moderate/Major" will show if the equipment is damaged.
    Later when I focus on automation, damaged weapons will automatically add a setback or difficulty die (for minor and moderate damaged weapons respectivelly)
    The player will also be warned if the weapon roll was done with a weapon with no ammo or with major damage (by the rules they should not be able to do so)

3) Today we already have under each weapon in actions tab the list of Specials (item qualities). I will also improve this to show specials added by Mods successfuly installed in that weapon....
    Last edited by johniba; July 11th, 2022 at 23:15.

Thread Information