DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by srbongo View Post
    Love the new stuff. Having a bit of an issue with vehicles. On a new campaign, no extensions ect, FGU is going into a long (potentially endless) nonresponse cycle up after exiting, editing, then re-entering a vehicle. Happens in a few situations but I see it mostly it when:

1) Character enters vehicle
    2) Exit vehicle
    3) Delete vehicle from char inventory
    4) edit vehicle in Library (from sidebar)
    5) re-add to inventory and attempt to re-enter vehicle.

At that point, FGU goes non-responsive. Longest I've waited was 15 minutes - but obviously something isn't working right.

I redownloaded the ruleset to make sure it wasn't that and I've seen this happen even if the vehicle isn't removed from the inventory as well, but with less clear steps to reproduce.

Thanks!
    I think I figured out the issue, at least I think so.
    After updating with today's release, if you still have the same issue, let me know.

We still have a bug related to deleting vehicles (details in my previous post about the release) and I will fix that in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Also while I am thinking about it. You could add a Subtype category for vehicles. It does have space for Vehicle Type/Model but that changes wildly.

What I would suggest is add a Subtype category above Vehicle Type/Model on vehicle sheet. Then replace the filter "Type" to "Subtype". That way I can tag them such as speeders, fighters, walkers, and Capital Ships.
    Hey Sevrick:

- In today's release I have added npc type and also updated vehicle's to have type and model.
    I will repeate my previous note about this: make sure to backup your campaigns, the ones you use to create libraries, before opening them with this release. This is just a precaution
    If later you check that vehicles type and model fields have been updated correctly automatically by this update, you can delete that backup if you dont need anymore.

You can export and share your libraries as they will have been updated with Type and Model....

Check the release notes for more details on what I did

I need some feedback and opinion from you guys on two items I am currently working for the next release

- PC Items: adding a way to keep track of damage to the item.
    In both Genesys and star wars core books they mention rules that the GM can apply damage to an item, but they neve mention what those notes should be

I am unsure if I should add a numeric field, or a free text. I am inclined to just add a text field that the players and gm could just write down what damage happened to their item, and later decide on the roll and costs to repair.

- Tracking Mod Attachment successes and failures:
    This is my idea, but please feel free to improve on it:

So my idea is to add to the Item's Attachment record a way to add lines to a list where they will have the following columns:

- Attempt Result: will either show "success" or "failure" (maybe a simple green/red icon)
    - Effect: In case of success, this will be where the effect will be listed (for example: damage +1.

Items in the inventory list will later have under them a simple list of all effects that have been succesfuly applied, so the players do not need to keep opening the attachment and checking all the time
    (this will also later be used when we work on automations)

Let me know what you think... I am specially not sure about the first one: item damage.
    Last edited by johniba; July 9th, 2022 at 22:27.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Looking at the vehicles records in the star wars library, I think one issue is that currently we have one field "Vehicle Type/Model", and looking back, it should actually be two separate fields, one for Type, another for Model

I think we would be better having that, what do you think?

Instead of Type/Model, we have
    - Type
    - Model
    And then we can have both in the filters separatelly

Now I am left with a task of updating the libraries.

A while back I created a database upgrade routine, I can make it so on the next ruleset release, when you open your campaign for the first time, all data is automatically moved to the two new fields, splitting them from the current database

I will try this out... it would definitelly be better than asking you to edit each record!

For the NPC database I simply added a "Type" field
    When you look at the npc sheet, you see this now:

"Name" --> "Category" --> "Type"
    (three columns at the top)

Also in the npc database window, there is a filter for type
    Yes in both cases that sounds good. Also I wanted to remind you the Source, where you enter page numbers, needs fixing. When you enter a source and Page number only the Source should show and not the page number when filtering. The page number should only appear on the record it self.

For example when I look at source filter for items I see:
    Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (161)
    Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (162)
    Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (163)
    Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (164)

When I should see:
    Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
    Enter the Unknown
    Far Horizons
    Fly Casual

Yes in both cases that sounds good. Also I wanted to remind you the Source, where you enter page numbers, needs fixing. When you enter a source and Page number only the Source should show and not the page number when filtering. The page number should only appear on the record it self.

For example when I look at source filter for items I see:
    Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (161)
    Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (162)
    Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (163)
    Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook (164)

When I should see:
    Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
    Enter the Unknown
    Far Horizons
    Fly Casual
    That is exactly what I fixed in this releaase :P

That is exactly what I fixed in this releaase :P
    lol just noticed haha awesome.

I need some feedback and opinion from you guys on two items I am currently working for the next release

- PC Items: adding a way to keep track of damage to the item.
    In both Genesys and star wars core books they mention rules that the GM can apply damage to an item, but they neve mention what those notes should be

I am unsure if I should add a numeric field, or a free text. I am inclined to just add a text field that the players and gm could just write down what damage happened to their item, and later decide on the roll and costs to repair.
    Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook pg. 159 says "Weapon repairs are generally classified as Minor, Moderate, or Major." It shows a table that shows you the effect on your rolls and what is needed to repair.

If you added a drop down list for the item that lets you switch from Undamaged to Minor, Moderate, or Major. Maybe depending on what is selected it shows the effect of the currently on damaged item to the side and possibly required check to repair.

- Tracking Mod Attachment successes and failures:
    This is my idea, but please feel free to improve on it:

So my idea is to add to the Item's Attachment record a way to add lines to a list where they will have the following columns:

- Attempt Result: will either show "success" or "failure" (maybe a simple green/red icon)
    - Effect: In case of success, this will be where the effect will be listed (for example: damage +1.

Items in the inventory list will later have under them a simple list of all effects that have been succesfuly applied, so the players do not need to keep opening the attachment and checking all the time
    (this will also later be used when we work on automations)

Let me know what you think... I am specially not sure about the first one: item damage.
    I am not sure I am under standing what you had in mind maybe I would have to see some images 1st.

The idea I had would be for each attachment you would have a list you can add mods much like inventory how you have an edit button then a "+" appears and lets you add items. You could do the same for attachments and allow for you to add mods.
    When you add a mod each one would have to have the following

[Numeric box] (This is how you would be able to tell how many times a mod can be installed or attempted)
    [Check Boxes] (This would be populated equal to the amount the number entered in the Numeric Box. Ideally you would be able to toggle between 3 different states, Not Attempted, Success, or Failure for each slot generated. This could be displayed with color or maybe use symbols like "O", "*", "X". I am not sure what FG would allow for.)
    [Descriptive Text Box] (This is where you would add descriptive text on what the mod does.

Lay Out
    -------------------
    [Numeric box][Check Boxes][Descriptive Text Box]
    [Numeric box][Check Boxes][Descriptive Text Box]

Granit this is sudo programing but you get the idea.

Also minion sheet display of number of minions is in a weird place after update. Also the separation of Vehicle types and Models worked nicely.
    Last edited by sevrick; July 10th, 2022 at 02:28.

Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook pg. 159 says "Weapon repairs are generally classified as Minor, Moderate, or Major." It shows a table that shows you the effect on your rolls and what is needed to repair.

If you added a drop down list for the item that lets you switch from Undamaged to Minor, Moderate, or Major. Maybe depending on what is selected it shows the effect of the currently on damaged item to the side and possibly required check to repair.
    Yes buy on page 158, the book mentions descriptions to the damage, for example: "malfunctioned, misfired, jammed, broken down, or otherwise been rendered inoperable or impaired until it can be repaired"

I wonder if a weapon can sustain multiple damages?
    Also, depending on the damage it sustains, wouldnt it be important to know, so that it can be ruled if the weapon can still be used in its current state, or not?

I wonder if this has been clarified in a FAQ

Also minion sheet display of number of minions is in a weird place after update. Also the separation of Vehicle types and Models worked nicely.
    Take a look at the attached screenshot
    I am thinking of moving the number of minions in this place, what do you think?

npc minion new.png

Thread Information