STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    You could do that:
    - open both sevrick and your module
    - use restore all
    - copy all items you want to keep (drag the item, drop in the same database, it will create a local copy
    - after that, if you close sevrick+your module, only the copied items would remain, and you could use the campaign, or even /export all records to a module to reuse

It is quite a lot of work, but that would work. Everytime sevrick updates the libraries, if you wanted to, you would have to recreate these steps....

I think I could try to create a button in the backup descriptions database to do that. I am only not sure if people would get confused using it, but we could try.

I need to test a few things before doing this. I have to check if copying an item like that will not cause issues anywhere in the campaign.
    Every record has an internal ID (a number) that identifies it.

For example, if you are not careful and create a copy of a record, edit the description and backup that record's description, the ruleset will know that description belongs to that particular local record, and not the original one from the library.
    In this case in the future, if you repeat this method, you would see that the description is no longer restored (because the backup/restore could not find that record.

I will try to think of a better way to hide duplicate records....
    No need to derail the to do list on my account. Just wanted to make sure that I had the best current way of doing what I was thinking of doing. Much thanks again to all!

That actually does sound like fun. Our group got a bit bored of ship to ship combat, the best we came up with was everyone jumping into a starfighter and dog fighting.

I too would be interested in taking a look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Also I wanted to ask if any of you are familiar with the Order 66 podcast. A while back they did a show where they combine Genesys vehicle rules with Star Wars. To give star wars vehicle combat a much needed face lift.
    This one? Yeah, it was pretty neat! That sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlec View Post
    This one? Yeah, it was pretty neat! That sounds cool.
    Yeah that's the one. If anyone hasn't listened to it I would highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Also I wanted to ask if any of you are familiar with the Order 66 podcast. A while back they did a show where they combine Genesys vehicle rules with Star Wars. To give star wars vehicle combat a much needed face lift. Anyway they mention how you could do this but you would have to alter the base stats a bit of each star wars vehicle along with a pdf that has somthings to keep in mind. I am going to make a module for my self that has all the vehicles with the stat changes suggested. I was wondering if there would be an interest in that. I could also add the pdf to the module since it is not under copyright. Having it here would just make it easier to have it all in one place.
    EDIT:

I just checked that pdf, I had downloaded a while ago.

I am thinking I could easly create a house rule option to turn on/off in the ruleset.
    Turning it on, all those stat conversions in the vehicles, I can do them automatically

Then I think you would only need a module with the new talent/skills etca
    Last edited by johniba; July 3rd, 2022 at 02:00.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    EDIT:

I just checked that pdf, I had downloaded a while ago.

I am thinking I could easly create a house rule option to turn on/off in the ruleset.
    Turning it on, all those stat conversions in the vehicles, I can do them automatically

Then I think you would only need a module with the new talent/skills etca
    That would be super awesome.

I did make a small change for my group. I have to play test it more but Instead of getting rid of shield facing completely I made it a manuver to switch between face and no facing. It seemed that not having shield facing removed some of the awesome from Gain the Advatage action. I figured in some cases you would just want the default facing and others you would want it.
    Last edited by sevrick; July 3rd, 2022 at 02:20.

Sevrick, is there supposed to be anything in the special ability's section? I see it as entirely empty for all three files.

Quote Originally Posted by Idward View Post
    Sevrick, is there supposed to be anything in the special ability's section? I see it as entirely empty for all three files.
    No. I never found much use for this in the star wars libraries. Very few special abelites show up enough times to justify having it. For example Droid or Amphibious. I suppose this is there for Genesys. You make almost all your NPCs and some books like Secrets of the Crucible have specific special abilities that you can mix and match.

The only use I could see for it in star wars is have 1 of each special ability in the game for people wanting to browse them for creating their own NPCs. I never bothered with this because I mostly reskin npcs and make up my own abilities. If this something everyone wants I supposed I could do that.
    Last edited by sevrick; July 6th, 2022 at 00:45.

Updated Libraries

Edge of the Empire
    • Added Lords of Nal Hutta Source Book to the Libraries.
    • Added CZ-88 Heavy Loader Arm, Reinforced Gauntlets, and Vibro-bayonet Attachments weapon profiles to items.
    • Correct Lieutenant-constable Kreeg and Security Officers page number.
    • Renamed Spooked Ronto to Spooked/Enraged Ronto to reflect there are 2 stat blocks with the same exact stats.
    • Gustip has the same stat blocks as Gustip, Drall Major-Domo. So used the more descriptive name.
    • Added Random Explorer Motivations table.

Force and Destiny Libraries
    • Added Seeker Moralities Tables
    • Added Pistol Hilt and Stun Blaster Attachment Weapon Stats to Items.
    • Added Entrenching tool, Thermal Cutter, and Individual Field Disruptor weapon stats to items.
    • Fixed some page refrences.
    • Fixed typos

Thread Information