DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvedui View Post
    Yes the trees are critical. While i understand the descriptions may not be in the trees is the functionality being added so that if it affects a stat or skill it will automatically add it on the sheet? Or do we need to do the functionality for each one ourselves in addition to the description.
    There is currently no automations in the ruleset.

Adding a specialization to a character, checking a talent in the tree, you will see the talent listed in the character sheet, but for now, there is no automation: a talent will not automatically add bonuses of modify a roll.

I do have that planned though, but it will take a while.

It's sort of a bit of automation, but would it be difficult to cause dragging and dropping a ranked ability that is already on a character sheet to add to that abilities rank? Dragging and dropping the same ability twice or even 3 times is faster than dragging and then opening the ability to set the rank level.

Thank you Sevrick and Johniba for all the work on this framework!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    It's sort of a bit of automation, but would it be difficult to cause dragging and dropping a ranked ability that is already on a character sheet to add to that abilities rank? Dragging and dropping the same ability twice or even 3 times is faster than dragging and then opening the ability to set the rank level.

Thank you Sevrick and Johniba for all the work on this framework!

Specialization Tree will solve half of the issue.
    If you activate a ranked talent in a spec tree, if you already have ranks in that talent, it will automatically increment it in the talents list

I want to keep it flexible, so you will also be able to just add talents directly (I see this being mostly used in genesys and also for npc talents when you dont want to go too deep and add spec trees for them.
    In this case yes you will be able to drag an existing talent and it will instead increase the rank

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    Specialization Tree will solve half of the issue.
    If you activate a ranked talent in a spec tree, if you already have ranks in that talent, it will automatically increment it in the talents list

I want to keep it flexible, so you will also be able to just add talents directly (I see this being mostly used in genesys and also for npc talents when you dont want to go too deep and add spec trees for them.
    In this case yes you will be able to drag an existing talent and it will instead increase the rank
    It also has application when populating the talents that exist on NPCs who have no talent tree. Like I said low priority but it might be helpful down the road.

Automation is key for me, but only because i don't typically have the time to invest in putting all the data (and figuring out how to do it). Thanks for the great work Sevrick and Johniba.

Automation is key for me, but only because i don't typically have the time to invest in putting all the data (and figuring out how to do it). Thanks for the great work Sevrick and Johniba.
    The only data the libraries do not contain are descriptions. Sure you would initially have to edit and add those descriptions from the books, explaining what each thing does.
    We have to do this because otherwise we would have trouble with copyright, and also because we dont want this ruleset to replace the need to purchase those books....

The good thing is that it is quite easy editing those talents, skills, etca and adding descriptions, and you only need to do it once.
    After you do that, even if you update the library from a new version, the descriptions will remain.

Actually even without the descriptions, assuming the players are familiar with the system, playing in that current state without automations is the equivalent of having a "normal" session with pen and paper.

Now on automation, this will come with time.
    I do want to make it so (for example) when you have a talent that would add a bonus die to a combat roll, it will automatically do so to your dice pool.

I am at the moment focusing on making both rulesets "complete" in terms of content. I want them to have everything you would normally have in a pen and paper table session.
    We are still missing the specialization trees, jedi power trees, for example, in star wars.
    I feel like we are almost done with those.

I want to finish these before I work on automations, because it is a complex piece of code, and also because this way I feel, people will have a more complete experience using FG.

So what I mean is: stick with us, provide as much feedback as you can (this is super valuable) and soon we will work on the automation part.

Unfortunately due to copyright entering the data yourself is the only real option. Basically though, the how-to is simple.

To subscribe and download the rulesets, follow the links, provided by our very own Sevrick:

Genesys: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/143/view

Star Wars: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/159/view

(Remember, if you want to use the Star Wars ruleset, make sure to subscribe/download BOTH)

After that load up the frameworks in and loading (not your in game server), and start adding info to the talents. Whatever gets put into the summary is what will appear on the tree.

Side note: if the ability is a force power Type: Yes in that field.

It does take some work but Sevrick has done a great job getting things listed properly so that all we need to do is add descriptions that can be found in our books.

Also you are going to want to make sure you back up your descriptions from the descriptions tab, before you download a library update from me other wise all your descriptions will be overwritten with blank descriptions.
    Then after applying the update restore from backup.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    The only data the libraries do not contain are descriptions. Sure you would initially have to edit and add those descriptions from the books, explaining what each thing does.
    We have to do this because otherwise we would have trouble with copyright, and also because we dont want this ruleset to replace the need to purchase those books....

The good thing is that it is quite easy editing those talents, skills, etca and adding descriptions, and you only need to do it once.
    After you do that, even if you update the library from a new version, the descriptions will remain.

Actually even without the descriptions, assuming the players are familiar with the system, playing in that current state without automations is the equivalent of having a "normal" session with pen and paper.

Now on automation, this will come with time.
    I do want to make it so (for example) when you have a talent that would add a bonus die to a combat roll, it will automatically do so to your dice pool.

I am at the moment focusing on making both rulesets "complete" in terms of content. I want them to have everything you would normally have in a pen and paper table session.
    We are still missing the specialization trees, jedi power trees, for example, in star wars.
    I feel like we are almost done with those.

I want to finish these before I work on automations, because it is a complex piece of code, and also because this way I feel, people will have a more complete experience using FG.

So what I mean is: stick with us, provide as much feedback as you can (this is super valuable) and soon we will work on the automation part.
    Totally agree with content complete and then automation. I can type in data as needed until i find someone willing to share...lol

Thanks. I am subscribed to both. Waiting for the new libraries and other trees being updated.

Thread Information