STAR TREK 2d20
    Elegantly done I really like the way it looks. I did notice that some talents drop out side the box. Such as the Sniper shot talent in the assassin tree. I am sure know this just thought I would mention it just incase. I also assume there will be a way to add a specialization to PC character sheet in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Elegantly done I really like the way it looks. I did notice that some talents drop out side the box. Such as the Sniper shot talent in the assassin tree. I am sure know this just thought I would mention it just incase.
    Hi sevrick, thanks.
    The drop outside i think it is because of the summary description? I only noticed that later today testing.
    I am now resizing everything, and although that should avoid those issues, i will still try to make sure i add something to the code so that it wont happen even if the summary is too big.

I also assume there will be a way to add a specialization to PC character sheet in the future?
    Oh yes, hopefully this week or so.
    You will be able to add specialization trees to characters (any number of specializations) and also by request optionally to npcs

Also please notice a few things:
    - Make sure to double check star wars talents. Those that are Force Talents, there is a new field you should make it "Yes" for those cases.
    - If you notice something wrong with a talent when you add to the tree (like incorrect active/passive, rank yes/no)... fix the talent record, and drag/drop to replace the wrong one in the tree

I already said this in the release notes and in the video, but when adding career, skills and talents to the specializaiton, make sure they all come from the same "library", if you have more than one opened, but in your case, since you are creating the libraries and i think each one is a separate campaign, you should be fine
    Last edited by johniba; June 9th, 2022 at 02:51.

I am I good to go on adding them to the libraries and if so has the exporting/importing of description ben tested to work with these trees?

I am I good to go on adding them to the libraries and if so has the exporting/importing of description ben tested to work with these trees?
    Hi Sevrick

Yes importing and exporting has been tested and it is included. You can start working on them if you want.
    You can check my video, maybe there is a few useful things there you might not have seen (link is a few replies before this)

I always seem to stumble in just as things are getting interesting. Thanks! This is an awesome update.

One thing I noticed, I added the skills to the Career, then added it to a character. But, it does not automatically add them as career skills in the character sheet. Is this also an update that is coming?

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    NEW RELEASE!
    Version 2022-06-08

In part 1 you will be able to create specialization trees in your database

For now, players cannot add specializations to their pc sheets, this will come in the second release, with part 2

]
    Yes, that will be part of a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by Idward View Post
    One thing I noticed, I added the skills to the Career, then added it to a character. But, it does not automatically add them as career skills in the character sheet. Is this also an update that is coming?
    Like Xarax said, that will come in the next release

In short here is how it will work:

You will add specialization(s) to the character

You will open the spec tree, click to activate/add the talents from the tree, to the character

The ruleset will take care of adding those talents to the character: adding extra ranks in case of ranked talents

You will be able to check your talent list in the character, it will still list all talents, like it does now, except you no longer need to manually add each talent, you can do it visually from the spec tree

As I am filling in some info on the races, some beings get a free rank in a random ranking talent. Will there be a way to add talents NOT through the specialization trees that will all work together and read correctly on the specialization trees?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    As I am filling in some info on the races, some beings get a free rank in a random ranking talent. Will there be a way to add talents NOT through the specialization trees that will all work together and read correctly on the specialization trees?
    Yes, you will still be able to manually add talents and or ranks

Thread Information