DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I have waited so long for the specialization tree's! Wohoo... just remember that you need to be able to insert some arrows or something, so you can see the progression of talens. At least for Star Wars.

Can't wait!
    I am adding something like that.
    When looking at the spec tree from a pc sheet

- For ranked talents, the talent will display a number showing the current rank.
    - For non ranked talents, if the talent was already purchased in another specialization, this will also have a visual representation in another spec tree: you will see cost "X"

Everytime you "mark/purchase" a talent in the tree, that little box in the top right will have a checkbox.
    Purchasing a ranked talent will automatically show the total rank

Clicking in the talent in the tree will popup a window showing details:

- For ranked it will list where each point of the rank came from: spec trees and from which slots in the tree
    - For non ranked, it will show where that talent was purchased

The pc sheet will still have the talent list aswell, i will not remove that.
    So players will have the flexibility of checking their talent list, trees, etca.

How do I add Obligation, Duty, and Morality to a character in the Star Wars ruleset? At first, I thought it was under tables, but that isn't it, then I tried from the "Party Sheet" and lastly, I tried adding something to the sheet from the player side, but I was unable to set anything. I also am not sure how to use the dice pool tracker. I am on the latest version of rules (based on the forge). Is there an introductory guide to this ruleset anywhere?

@Idward, down on the lower right hand side of the page is a brown button with a white slash in it. If you click on that it will open up the option of being able to add your Obligation, Duty and Morality by hand. To my knowledge, (which is very limited) there isn't a way to drag and drop those things onto the character sheet yet. Welcome to the community!

Ah awesome! Thanks. And I found out that you just need to double click the light side dark side section to generate the game's starting pool and how to clear it. I am still not sure what the dicepool tracker is for but other then that I am now ready to poke about and get ready for players

Quote Originally Posted by Idward View Post
    Ah awesome! Thanks. And I found out that you just need to double click the light side dark side section to generate the game's starting pool and how to clear it. I am still not sure what the dicepool tracker is for but other then that I am now ready to poke about and get ready for players
    Hi idward

The dicepool tracker will only show anything if you have someone else logged into your session.
    You can test this by opening Fantasy Grounds a second time, and clicking "join", and then joinining your local session as a player

When the GM and at least another player are connected like this, the dicepool tracker will always display the current dicepool the players are building in the dicepool under the chat window.

About a guide:
    It is indeed in my plans to record a short video as a tutorial on all the ruleset features.

I plan on doing this as soon as I finish my current development on the Specialization Trees

Here is another development update in the Specialization Tree:

On top of already having different background colors for Active or Passive talents, and also a chevron symbol on the right side when the Talent is ranked, for star wars I added another visual cue:

Force Talents now show an explosion symbol on the right side

I have also added the missing xp cost from the window, and now that part of the code is almost done.

Tomorrow I will add the functionality to add connection lines to talents.

As soon as this part is ready, I will upload a new release of the rulesets, so Sevrick and anyone else that wants can start populating their databases with Specialization Trees

Oh and on the Career database record, I will add two tabs:
    - Career skills (this will be a list similar to the one I created for the specialization window) - this will be useful when creating a character: as soon as you drag the career to the pc sheet, all career skills will be marked as such, in the skills list

- Career Specializations - this will list all specializations in the database for this Career. This will be extra useful for players, so they dont have to open the Specializations database and filter out....

Here is an updated screenshot:
    specialization_tree_sw.png
    Last edited by johniba; June 7th, 2022 at 04:09.

Just quick side note for everyone if you find somthing wrong in the libraries you can let me know. Even if it somthing like inconsistency errors. I want to be as polished as possible. Either post it here of PM me. There is a lot of content to go through, so it is very possible I may have gotten stat wrong here or there.

Hi everyone,

The Specialization Tree is coming along well.

The record is fully functional:
    - We can drag and drop talents into the tree
    - Background will change based on the talent being Active/Passive, Force Talent or no, Ranked/Unranked
    - XP Cost is listed now
    - You can click and create connections in the tree

I am still trying to improve the window.
    There is a small challenge with sizing each talent. The window is already too big
    For that reason it is a bit difficult to space each talent, and I will still work on that, but now I wanna focus on finishing its features so i can release.

You can also click the talent title, and it will open the full talent record from the database, for consulting it.

Also, I have made the second tab look a bit better, with extra text fields and the skill list in the same window

Here are some screenshots

specialization_tree_sw1.png

specialization_tree_sw2.png
    Last edited by johniba; June 8th, 2022 at 06:11.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    I am still trying to improve the window.
    There is a small challenge with sizing each talent. The window is already too big
    For that reason it is a bit difficult to space each talent, and I will still work on that, but now I wanna focus on finishing its features so i can release.
    I was thinking about this Johniba. There are already 2 fields in the talent section: Why not make it so that what is listed in the summary section, is what is displayed on the specialization tree? That way the user/GM can size the description appropriately, or even copy the summary right from the book with little trouble as it is written in the trees.

Also, the trees look amazing!
    Last edited by Xarax; June 8th, 2022 at 06:13. Reason: additional comments

Quote Originally Posted by Xarax View Post
    I was thinking about this Johniba. There are already 2 fields in the talent section: Why not make it so that what is listed in the summary section, is what is displayed on the specialization tree? That way the user/GM can size the description appropriately, or even copy the summary right from the book with little trouble as it is written in the trees?
    Ah that is exactly what it is doing already.
    The text you see in each talent, under the talent name, is the summary field and not the big description field

Thread Information