STAR TREK 2d20
    Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Okay, is this a glitch or am I not thinking straight. I'm trying to set up a group of 2 minions each with 5 wounds in this example.

Attachment 52192

But it's listing the total threshold as 25

Edit - okay, this seems to work itself out when I re-input the number in the group for some reason... but I swear it didn't at first. Might as well keep this post in case the giltch comes up elsewhere in other ways....

I think the error comes in as a matter of how the data is entered (ie entering in the wounds first with no number for #group (0), results in the threshold becoming 25 every time.

Likewise, starting with a #group of 2 and then entering in the w/minion of 5 resulted in the threshold becoming 25... until I went back and first deleted or changed the #group from something other than 2, and then re-entering it as 2... if that makes sense.

bottom line, double check your entries when creating new minions, I guess

I have made a note on this.
    I am working on several fixes and a few new features which I will be able to release soon, so I think I can improve the code on minions and fix this weird behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Sturn Webb View Post
    Hello! First time user of Fantasy Grounds. Picked it up solely to use it for Genesys. I've searched through topics, can't find an answer, so hope it isn't a bother to possibly ask a couple questions that may or may not be answered elsewhere:

1. My rolled Genesys dice are all one color. Is there a way to change them to the default Genesys colors?

2. I'm seeing D&D dice over on the right side of the map area. Is there a way to turn these off without mucking around with the Genesys dice?

Thank you for adding these modules!

1 - Unfortunatelly I dont think there is a way to code the colors individually, but I will look into it. It would definitelly add a bit of visual improvement. Even if we cannot currently have custom 3d dice (not any time soon) colors would be nice, but I cannot promise anything

2 - A long time ago I did remove them until some people asked to bring them back. I can add some options to turn them on/off, I will make a note on this to work on my todo-list

By the way welcome and thanks for your suggestions and comments. This is what makes these rulesets get better and better

I know it might not be for everyone but I just discovered The Foundry as a alternative VTT. I only mention this because The Foundry seems to have massive improvements as an engine that FG is missing. The star wars ruleset, so to speak, that the community has been working on there is in an incomplete state. It has somthings this one doesn't have and this one has somethings that that one doesnt have. The people over there seemed to be doing nothing with it to fix the issues. Which is why for now I stick with FG. If you know how to code Java and html it may be worth your while.

Now if you are a Pathfinder 2e fan I would choose foundry all the way. The things the community is doing with that system is nothing short of amazing.
    Last edited by sevrick; April 3rd, 2022 at 22:54.

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    2 - A long time ago I did remove them until some people asked to bring them back. I can add some options to turn them on/off, I will make a note on this to work on my todo-list
    This would be pretty great. There's an extension for the other FGC SW ruleset that gets rid of them. The instances of standard rpg dice in this system are basically nonexistent and I have several players who play on laptops where screen real estate is precious, so we ditched them and never looked back. It's hardly an urgent priority, but it'd be nice to have the option.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I know it might not be for everyone but I just discovered The Foundry as a alternative VTT. I only mention this because The Foundry seems to have massive improvements as an engine that FG is missing. The star wars ruleset, so to speak, that the community has been working on there is in an incomplete state. It has somthings this one doesn't have and this one has somethings that that one doesnt have. The people over there seemed to be doing nothing with it to fix the issues. Which is why for now I stick with FG. If you know how to code Java and html it may be worth your while.

Now if you are a Pathfinder 2e fan I would choose foundry all the way. The things the community is doing with that system is nothing short of amazing.
    I would love to learn to code for Foundry VTT and create a ruleset there, but i dont want to overlap work from current people.
    If one day it is abandoned, I would start a new one, or pick up where people left it.

Another thing is that I notice that the equivalent of rulesets there are much more prone to breaking due to updates in the foundry core, maybe because it is still going through some very big updates.
    Maybe when foundry is more mature, it would not be the case, but it does discourage me into trying to create something over there aswell.

For now, if there are any features in that ruleset you would like to see here, if it is something that I can pull off doing in FG, I can add
    Last edited by johniba; April 5th, 2022 at 15:17.

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    This would be pretty great. There's an extension for the other FGC SW ruleset that gets rid of them. The instances of standard rpg dice in this system are basically nonexistent and I have several players who play on laptops where screen real estate is precious, so we ditched them and never looked back. It's hardly an urgent priority, but it'd be nice to have the option.
    Yeah, it is very easy for me to do this....
    I can create a small extension for the rulesets that will disable those dice...
    I will make it available for the new release

I would love to learn to code for Foundry VTT and create a ruleset there, but i dont want to overlap work from current people.
    If one day it is abandoned, I would start a new one, or pick up where people left it.

Another thing is that I notice that the equivalent of rulesets there are much more prone to breaking due to updates in the foundry core, maybe because it is still going through some very big updates.
    Maybe when foundry is more mature, it would not be the case, but it does discourage me into trying to create something over there aswell.

For now, if there are any features in that ruleset you would like to see here, if it is something that I can pull off doing in FG, I can add
    Yeah it kinda put me in a weird situation where I have poured so much time and effort into FG version. Then comes along a seemly superior VTT, I have to ask myself do start all over with a better VTT or do it commit to the one I put so much effort into. People ask them simaler things about their car . I did read in one of the changelogs from the people who made the star wars Foundry ruleset is stopping working on the current version in order to work on the one that will replace it. So take from that what you will.

The one draw back I think for foundry is the need for port forwarding. For me it isnt a big deal, but for people that dont have access to their router will have to go through a 3rd party like hamatchi. I have been adding things to the foundry to prepare running a game in it to see how my players like it.

I will still be adding Libraries to Fantasy Grounds. Nexus of Power should almost be done. Setting books take the longest and I will admit I was distracted by Foundry.
    Last edited by sevrick; April 5th, 2022 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    Yeah it kinda put me in a weird situation where I have poured so much time and effort into FG version. Then comes along a seemly superior VTT, I have to ask myself do start all over with a better VTT or do it commit to the one I put so much effort into. People ask them simaler things about their car . I did read in one of the changelogs from the people who made the star wars Foundry ruleset is stopping working on the current version in order to work on the one that will replace it. So take from that what you will.

The one draw back I think for foundry is the need for port forwarding. For me it isnt a big deal, but for people that dont have access to their router will have to go through a 3rd party like hamatchi. I have been adding things to the foundry to prepare running a game in it to see how my players like it.

I will still be adding Libraries to Fantasy Grounds. Nexus of Power should almost be done. Setting books take the longest and I will admit I was distracted by Foundry.
    Yeah it think it is good to get perspective looking at other software

In regards to Foundry VTT, I dont really know how they export/import data, like libraries. FG at least it is super easy to edit data and export into modules.

Still, I dont want to give the impression i am stopping any time soon on FG hehe.

To be fair, and to tell a secret, I recently started reading Legend of 5 Rings, and although it exists in FG as an extension, I would love to give it a full ruleset treatment, once Star Wars and Genesys have a solid basis with all missing features.

After that, I would still like to work on a thing I still have close to my heart: Warhammer Fantasy RP 3rd edition (yeah i still want to create a ruleset for unity for this hehe)

In regards to Foundry VTT, I dont really know how they export/import data, like libraries. FG at least it is super easy to edit data and export into modules.
    So the way it works is you have what you cal Modules these work not unlike FG extentions, only the can also include what we call libraries in the same file. In foundry their libraries are called compendiums.
    In game you create somthing, be it species, vehicle, weapon, etc then you export that to a compendium which uses a standard folder structure to organize. Exporting is as simple as zipping up the folder and uploading it as a module. Importing can be done manually by unpacking in modules folder or automatic through Foundrys version of the forge.
    Its sounds complicated but easy to understand.
    Last edited by sevrick; April 6th, 2022 at 14:53.

Yeah, it is very easy for me to do this....
    I can create a small extension for the rulesets that will disable those dice...
    I will make it available for the new release
    That would be fantastic, thank you! Really appreciate all your amazing work on bringing this ruleset to FGU.

Thread Information