DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    I don't seem to be able to drag a dice pool from the dice box to save/label it onto a hotkey. Both my players and I end up with compiled pools (dice + automatic symbols) that get rolled frequently and we've made pretty regular use of that ability in Classic.

Example: Our Artisan has her base Mechanics pool (5y2g), plus gear bonuses (1b, automatic Adv), plus Talent bonuses (adding Force dice). She has all of that saved to a hotkey so she can just drag it to the dice box and add the difficulty dice without having to assemble the same pool every time.

The same goes for most of their attack rolls - particularly their Lightsaber attacks which (almost) always have the same difficulty. They can assemble the complete pool once, save it to a hotkey, and when they attack they can just click the hotkey. I'm kind of nervous that having to click through the whole process manually every time - clicking the dice button next to the weapon, then clicking to add extra dice from bonuses, then clicking to add automatic symbols - will slow down combat a bit.

Is this no longer a function, or is it just done differently in Unity and I don't see it?

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    I don't seem to be able to drag a dice pool from the dice box to save/label it onto a hotkey. Both my players and I end up with compiled pools (dice + automatic symbols) that get rolled frequently and we've made pretty regular use of that ability in Classic.

Example: Our Artisan has her base Mechanics pool (5y2g), plus gear bonuses (1b, automatic Adv), plus Talent bonuses (adding Force dice). She has all of that saved to a hotkey so she can just drag it to the dice box and add the difficulty dice without having to assemble the same pool every time.

The same goes for most of their attack rolls - particularly their Lightsaber attacks which (almost) always have the same difficulty. They can assemble the complete pool once, save it to a hotkey, and when they attack they can just click the hotkey. I'm kind of nervous that having to click through the whole process manually every time - clicking the dice button next to the weapon, then clicking to add extra dice from bonuses, then clicking to add automatic symbols - will slow down combat a bit.

Is this no longer a function, or is it just done differently in Unity and I don't see it?
    hmm I did not implement that feature, in classic or unity.

Maybe I did not understand what you did. Can you explain the steps?

I do have plans to allow that soon, it will be done from the actions tab.

Currently the only place you can drag dice pools into the shortcuts is from the Powers tab

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    hmm I did not implement that feature, in classic or unity.

Maybe I did not understand what you did. Can you explain the steps?

I do have plans to allow that soon, it will be done from the actions tab.

Currently, the only place you can drag dice pools into the shortcuts is from the Powers tab
    It can be hard to describe this in writing, but I'll try to explain it more concisely. In Classic:

When you build your dice pool, it appears in the blue box beneath the chat. This can be done by manually clicking the dice beneath it, or by clicking the d20 symbol next to a Skill or weapon. Then you can click buttons next to the dice box to upgrade/downgrade or add automatic successes, failures, advantages, and threats.

Once all the dice and symbols are in the dice-box, you can click and drag the entire thing to a hotkey at the bottom.

Once it's there, you can label it.

If you created the pool by clicking a skill, it'll automatically label it. The way we use it is for complex but frequent dice rolls. In the aforementioned Artisan's case, her total base Mechanics dice pool is 5y2g, 1 boost, 1 automatic advantage, and 4 Force dice. She creates that pool and drags it to a hotkey. When she needs to roll Mechanics, all I have to do is tell her the difficulty. She can then drag that dice pool from the hotkey to the dice box and manually add purple and/or red dice.

More broadly, they're all Jedi. Their attack pools for their lightsabers are always the same unless they have spent time swapping out attachments. They can double-click the D20 next to the weapon in their Combat tab to populate the dice pool, then click to add boost/setback, automatic symbols, and two purple (because that's almost always the difficulty for a LS/Brawl/Melee attack). They can drag that whole, total dice pool to a hotkey and, on their turn, click the hotkey: it rolls the attack in the chat and shows the results the same as if you'd done the whole process manually each time, calculating the net symbol result and total damage.

I also use it all the time, just not often for dice rolls. I created Story items that are the Advantage/Threat roll result option tables for personal combat, Space combat, social encounters, etc. I have each of those on various hotkeys so that if they need to see a table quickly, I can just drag it up to the chat from the hotkey and all the players can instantly open it. I also tend to throw a session’s NPCs onto some hotkeys so I can pop their sheet open for social rolls and skill checks and stuff without having to open the NPCs tab or combat tracker. (Note: I just tested these two and they both work in Unity, meaning you can drag them to a hotkey.)

If I can help clarify further, just let me know.

It can be hard to describe this in writing, but I'll try to explain it more concisely. In Classic:

When you build your dice pool, it appears in the blue box beneath the chat. This can be done by manually clicking the dice beneath it, or by clicking the d20 symbol next to a Skill or weapon. Then you can click buttons next to the dice box to upgrade/downgrade or add automatic successes, failures, advantages, and threats.

Once all the dice and symbols are in the dice-box, you can click and drag the entire thing to a hotkey at the bottom.

Once it's there, you can label it.

If you created the pool by clicking a skill, it'll automatically label it. The way we use it is for complex but frequent dice rolls. In the aforementioned Artisan's case, her total base Mechanics dice pool is 5y2g, 1 boost, 1 automatic advantage, and 4 Force dice. She creates that pool and drags it to a hotkey. When she needs to roll Mechanics, all I have to do is tell her the difficulty. She can then drag that dice pool from the hotkey to the dice box and manually add purple and/or red dice.

More broadly, they're all Jedi. Their attack pools for their lightsabers are always the same unless they have spent time swapping out attachments. They can double-click the D20 next to the weapon in their Combat tab to populate the dice pool, then click to add boost/setback, automatic symbols, and two purple (because that's almost always the difficulty for a LS/Brawl/Melee attack). They can drag that whole, total dice pool to a hotkey and, on their turn, click the hotkey: it rolls the attack in the chat and shows the results the same as if you'd done the whole process manually each time, calculating the net symbol result and total damage.

I also use it all the time, just not often for dice rolls. I created Story items that are the Advantage/Threat roll result option tables for personal combat, Space combat, social encounters, etc. I have each of those on various hotkeys so that if they need to see a table quickly, I can just drag it up to the chat from the hotkey and all the players can instantly open it. I also tend to throw a session’s NPCs onto some hotkeys so I can pop their sheet open for social rolls and skill checks and stuff without having to open the NPCs tab or combat tracker. (Note: I just tested these two and they both work in Unity, meaning you can drag them to a hotkey.)

If I can help clarify further, just let me know.
    ok This is an interesting feature, but I dont think I ever implemented in the rulesets...

I think you are confusing with the other Star Wars ruleset, the one for FG classic only, that was developed before my rulesets.

I will see what I can do, see if I can implement this in the new rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by johniba View Post
    ok This is an interesting feature, but I dont think I ever implemented in the rulesets...

I think you are confusing with the other Star Wars ruleset, the one for FG classic only, that was developed before my rulesets.

I will see what I can do, see if I can implement this in the new rulesets
    Oh! Sorry for the confusion. I didn't know there were multiple SW rulesets for Classic.

This is the one I'm using. I don't know if this helps.
    SW Ruleset Chat Greeting.PNG

Oh! Sorry for the confusion. I didn't know there were multiple SW rulesets for Classic.

This is the one I'm using. I don't know if this helps.
    SW Ruleset Chat Greeting.PNG
    It is easy to get confused. For most of the time the only ruleset available was the one named Star Wars EotE. That ruleset was written before FG Unity, and when the big changes came, it became almost impossible to port over to Unity

A few years ago I started creating a full ruleset for Genesys, the one you see in this thread, from scratch to use CoreRPG and make it compatible with Unity.
    A few months later I also started working on a new ruleset for Star Wars.

As a bonus, the rulesets not only worked with Unity but still worked with FG Classic. That will one day change unfortunatelly as I explained in previous replies, that since FG Classic stopped being supported and updated, it will probably soon be impossible to keep it compatible.
    It still works though...

Okay, is this a glitch or am I not thinking straight. I'm trying to set up a group of 2 minions each with 5 wounds in this example.

Screenshot 2022-03-27 090608.jpg

But it's listing the total threshold as 25

Edit - okay, this seems to work itself out when I re-input the number in the group for some reason... but I swear it didn't at first. Might as well keep this post in case the giltch comes up elsewhere in other ways....

I think the error comes in as a matter of how the data is entered (ie entering in the wounds first with no number for #group (0), results in the threshold becoming 25 every time.

Likewise, starting with a #group of 2 and then entering in the w/minion of 5 resulted in the threshold becoming 25... until I went back and first deleted or changed the #group from something other than 2, and then re-entering it as 2... if that makes sense.

bottom line, double check your entries when creating new minions, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Okay, is this a glitch or am I not thinking straight. I'm trying to set up a group of 2 minions each with 5 wounds in this example.

Screenshot 2022-03-27 090608.jpg

But it's listing the total threshold as 25

Edit - okay, this seems to work itself out when I re-input the number in the group for some reason... but I swear it didn't at first. Might as well keep this post in case the giltch comes up elsewhere in other ways....

I think the error comes in as a matter of how the data is entered (ie entering in the wounds first with no number for #group (0), results in the threshold becoming 25 every time.

Likewise, starting with a #group of 2 and then entering in the w/minion of 5 resulted in the threshold becoming 25... until I went back and first deleted or changed the #group from something other than 2, and then re-entering it as 2... if that makes sense.

bottom line, double check your entries when creating new minions, I guess
    This has been happening for a while. Another way to 'fix' it is to use Ctrl + Mouse wheel to move the #minions up/down, which automatically calculates the total HP of the group.
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Hello! First time user of Fantasy Grounds. Picked it up solely to use it for Genesys. I've searched through topics, can't find an answer, so hope it isn't a bother to possibly ask a couple questions that may or may not be answered elsewhere:

1. My rolled Genesys dice are all one color. Is there a way to change them to the default Genesys colors?

2. I'm seeing D&D dice over on the right side of the map area. Is there a way to turn these off without mucking around with the Genesys dice?

Thank you for adding these modules!

1) No. And personally I don't care. The result is what matters to me.
    2) No. I think. It was sort of possible in the old version, but not so sure about now.

I think that Smiteworks once talked about "possibilities in the future". That means "don't hold your breath, cause this will take forever".

On a more positive note: Welcome! May you have many happy gaming experiences here.

Thread Information